When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Some encouraging news coming out of NI's worst affected region:

The arrow is when it was put in to a stricter lockdown (the lockdown that all of NI is now under) and as you can see around 10 days later cases began to drop.

Hopefully this time next week cases will be dropping across all of NI.

maybe lockdowns do work.

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Some encouraging news coming out of NI's worst affected region:

The arrow is when it was put in to a stricter lockdown (the lockdown that all of NI is now under) and as you can see around 10 days later cases began to drop.

Hopefully this time next week cases will be dropping across all of NI.

Thats good to see, keep it going!

I think it shows we do need urgent action with a circuit breaker lockdown soon here. 

Edited by Ozanne

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

maybe lockdowns do work.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Thats good to see, keep it going!

I think it shows we do need urgent action with a circuit breaker lockdown soon here. 

Going to be very difficult for Johnson to keep resisting calls for a circuit breaker if Wales and NI circuit breakers both show encouraging results 

3 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Who told me earlier that Burnham wasn't against the restrictions? :D

this stems from all the councils here and MPs for that matter asking for the science behind why pubs are being targeted over other places when case rise prevalence in these settings is not where the cases are highest in the NW (education settings, care homes and work places... it was homes over the summer)

This has been bubbling around in the background being driven by our night time Tsar Sacha Lord, they held back from pushing it forward when it was confirmed (even though briefly) we would be Tier 2 but has been about since the 10pm curfew, as they believe this is making things worse (same as London, NE and other places have said)

I'm sure they will just place full blame on Andy Burnham seeing he's become a Tory target. I will say it's interesting Boris attacked Khan today, it's almost like he's trying to set narratives on Labour Mayor's 🤔

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Scum.

If the 2 Tory councils get more money well because they are Tory, I will be so mad!!

You can see a mile off what they are doing, making out Labour are unreasonable but Tories are great yet the 2 Tory councils stood together with the other 8 labour councils to get a joint approach - it wasn't just down to Andy Burnham he had to get agreement from all 10 councils 1st - yet that's not what is being spun by the Government :( 

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

would be great if he did indeed mishear and she actually called him a c**t.

This is the full moment, Raynor acted brilliantly there just standing up and basically saying that the Tory MP was making up accusations. Tories are scum and if we had a different party in charge right now our country would be better for it. 

It's going to be a long long winter as the country as a whole seeps slowly to tier 3 and those in the hospitality industry still allowed to trade will be fucked as customers stay away.

Edited by Lycra

Just now, Lycra said:

It's going to be a long long winter as the country as a whole seeps slowly to tier 3

I've found the last week really hard given the way Manchester has basically been treated because they tried to stand up for themselves, but it just created a Tory target in Burnham and really brought out how utter spiteful the Government are if their power is challenged :(

I mean the North East and Teeside are next, can't imagine they will roll over without a fight as even more poverty up that way :( 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

For tweets that didn’t age well check out this beauty

D9129078-9D4E-4856-ABC4-2750464AB17E.thumb.jpeg.fff5fc0b179fed3c866b6a69f0611876.jpeg

Yeah seen that a few times but tbf unless you actually read news about China most folk had no idea what was coming at that point

Edited by shoptildrop

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Sounds like some number fudging going on by including antibody tests

Antibody tests are excluded from testing figures but it does include 'virus tests' from Pillars 1, 2 and 4.  There is still a 'fudge' going on though as Pillar 4 is excluded from the 'cases' numbers, which therefore skews the % positivity more favourably.

I've been graphing % positivity for a while now and at the point they started to include Pillar 4 in the test figures but not cases I adjusted my calcs to exclude Pillar 4 figures from the number of tests to give a more representative result.

It doesn't make for pleasant reading though...... ☹

20201021_180313.jpg

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

I've found the last week really hard given the way Manchester has basically been treated because they tried to stand up for themselves, but it just created a Tory target in Burnham and really brought out how utter spiteful the Government are if their power is challenged :(

I mean the North East and Teeside are next, can't imagine they will roll over without a fight as even more poverty up that way :( 

I was pretty angry last night, but proud now. Going to be a hard winter though...so need to find ways to help those struggling.

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is the full moment, Raynor acted brilliantly there just standing up and basically saying that the Tory MP was making up accusations. Tories are scum and if we had a different party in charge right now our country would be better for it. 

First time I've seen it - hilarious stuff. Fuck the Tories.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I was pretty angry last night, but proud now. Going to be a hard winter though...so need to find ways to help those struggling.

I was furious yesterday tbh but now I'm just I don't know... not happy but what the fuck can you do??? :(