When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I mean at this point, when the Tories are shitting on every single respect of a democratic parliament, breaking international law, lying without consequence, refusing to give notice on policies until their hands were forced. 

Doing despicable things like condemning migrants for simply trying to live a better life and taking every turn this week to make addresses to the public to simply shame andy burnham.

I think it's about time someone in parliament said it. The tories are scum right now. It doesn't matter if some are not as bad. The current government are so harmful and damaging and have no regard for the rule of law and decency, they have no interest in governing their people. If you are contributing to this horrible state and lying about being for the interests of your constituents. Once in a while you deserve to be called scum

Agreed- the stuff they've done and do, I'll never get worked up over any negative name anyone wants to call them. Really can't be arsed with the polite facade BS in Westminster while behaving like total tossers.

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

You don't call an honourable member "scum" in the house of commons. It's incredibly poor behaviour and something I'd expect from far left/far right weirdos and not the deputy leader of the party. It undermines the centrist approach of Starmer and is unacceptable.

Yeah it's not gonna do anyone any favours, but it certainly isn't an overreaction or anything. 

Let's be honest sticking to the tired old traditions of "respecting" parliament, gets us the shit show that is an entirely ineffective and useless PMQs. It get's us a system where the government aren't held to account. 

I don't see why you can't call someone scum if they are facilitating incredibly scummy behavior. There's certainly a more civil way to phrase it. But civility can be damning if Labour's opposition is one of the most disgusting group of individual commited to UK politics

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Agreed- the stuff they've done and do, I'll never get worked up over any negative name anyone wants to call them. Really can't be arsed with the polite facade BS in Westminster while behaving like total tossers.

Stuff like this just serves to keep the Conservative Party in power. I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but it's not a good look to the swing voters that really matter.

17 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Or you know rather than taxing working people extra they could sort out corporate tax dodging...

That'd be ideal, but realistically even if you fixed it tomorrow, it'd take a while to see the new money come in. A small, temporary increase on the base rate of income tax designed specifically to support those out of work due to COVID could happen a lot more quickly.

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Can we stop doing this please? It's not a footie match. Here and elsewhere I'm seeing more and more people who are desperate for a 'gotcha/told you so' when it comes to predicting numbers. It's exhausting.

We haven't done the cases guessing game for a week or so, so thought I'd bring it back today. It's not an every day thing, just whenever we feel like it.

• Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

We haven't done the cases guessing game for a week or so, so thought I'd bring it back today. It's not an every day thing, just whenever we feel like it.

‘We’ don’t do the guessing game, it’s just you. Please can you stop it’s insensitive.

7 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Can we stop doing this please? It's not a footie match. Here and elsewhere I'm seeing more and more people who are desperate for a 'gotcha/told you so' when it comes to predicting numbers. It's exhausting.

I agree. It’s not a game it’s people contracting a virus. 

27 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

That'd be ideal, but realistically even if you fixed it tomorrow, it'd take a while to see the new money come in. A small, temporary increase on the base rate of income tax designed specifically to support those out of work due to COVID could happen a lot more quickly.

And cause a massive divide between those still at work (some of whom will be working very high risk jobs) & those sat at home on furlough? I get the point you're trying to make, it works when you compare say a middle class office worker on a decent wage working from home with a low paid factory worker who's been furloughed, but substitute said office worker for a nurse or a care worker & the argument quickly loses backing. That isn't the solution in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

And cause a massive divide between those still at work (some of whom will be working very high risk jobs) & those sat at home on furlough? I get the point you're trying to make, it works when you compare say a middle class office worker on a decent wage working from home with a low paid factory worker who's been furloughed, but substitute said office worker for a nurse or a care worker & the argument quickly loses backing. That isn't the solution in my opinion. 

The furlough thing was inherently unfair in itself because it meant that WFH people like myself were working full time for effectively 20% of our wage (as we could have been furloughed for the remaining 80%)

UBI is the best option for me.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The furlough thing was inherently unfair in itself because it meant that WFH people like myself were working full time for effectively 20% of our wage (as we could have been furloughed for the remaining 80%)

I mean that's one very selfish way to look at it, thank you for backing up the point about causing a divide though. 

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I mean that's one very selfish way to look at it, thank you for backing up the point about causing a divide though. 

I didn't mind too much because it gave me something to do, but some on my team were practically begging to go on furlough because they could get a few months off for only a 20% hit in their wages.

56 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You don't call an honourable member "scum" in the house of commons. It's incredibly poor behaviour and something I'd expect from far left/far right weirdos and not the deputy leader of the party. It undermines the centrist approach of Starmer and is unacceptable.

Let’s call a spade a spade.