When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I genuinely think some kind of circuit breaker just for the North would make sense - including schools. Surely they only care about Southerners getting the education anyway. It would need to include enforcement on travel but this is REALLY bad

Those figures were probably equally skewed in back in march when the south and the Midlands seemed to be impacted more. 

58 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

to be fair that is the right thing to do - those in some Southern areas have numbers much lower, they don't need to be punished for people in other parts of the country who for various reasons haven't been able to do so

Please stop referring to lockdown as a "punishment" - that sort of language is really damaging and divisive. It suggests people have done something wrong, and that a lockdown is there to make things rubbish for them in response.

Lockdown is there to stop a deadly disease spreading out of control. It's not being done as a telling off, it's just an inevitable consequence of the numbers going up.

And the numbers are going up everywhere. It's worse in some place already but it's not going down or staying still anywhere in the country.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

I am so angry with the utter shite Boris is spinning and how spiteful they are being towards Manchester who basically put together a well thought our reasonable regional solution, but they just couldn't be seen to concede - sickening!!

What's even worse is bloody Spoons stays open when some of the best pubs and bars are forced to close across Manchester :( 

According to analysis by real estate adviser Altus Group, the new rules will force 1,809 pubs across the ten boroughs to temporarily close.

A further 143 bars will also have to shut their doors until restrictions are relaxed.

Businesses forced to shut can claim Government grants of between £1,334 and £3,000 for every month they are closed, depending on the rateable value of their premises.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/staggering-number-pubs-bars-must-19135045

Also, no talk of any exit plan :huh:

18 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Please stop referring to lockdown as a "punishment" - that sort of language is really damaging and divisive. It suggests people have done something wrong, and that a lockdown is there to make things rubbish for them in response.

Lockdown is there to stop a deadly disease spreading out of control. It's not being done as a telling off, it's just an inevitable consequence of the numbers going up.

And the numbers are going up everywhere. It's worse in some place already but it's not going down or staying still anywhere in the country.

You're right, I let my anti north west prejudice influence my language sometimes! (Yes I live here) 

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Betfair offering 16/1 on the next General Election being in 2021, and 7/1 for 2022.

I can see them doing this - Labour needs the whole 5 years and could probably put something together to win in that time, but they won't be united enough to inspire confidence; so Tories would probably win any election in the next couple of years