When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

w*nkers have dipped in big on taxpayers money for arts & culture. 😠 

People like Secret Cinema getting a big payout is ridiculous, less egregious but still annoying is the likes of Circus, Resident Advisor and Boiler Room getting substantial payments 

6 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I pray Glasto are allowed to use the fast check that is being put into Heathrow Airport today. Results within 15mins.

I think many would pay the £80 to be checked there and then to be allowed to a festival.

I don’t think they would do them at the festival. It would be too tough logistically and also what happens to the people around the person that’s tested positive. I’d say ask the person to do it at home the day or so before. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think they would do them at the festival. It would be too tough logistically and also what happens to the people around the person that’s tested positive. I’d say ask the person to do it at home the day or so before. 

True I was just hoping for extra safety to make sure it goes on.

I think Reading & Leeds owners idea of having 600 stations built up prior to the festival around the country just sounds too much.

9 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I pray Glasto are allowed to use the fast check that is being put into Heathrow Airport today. Results within 15mins.

I think many would pay the £80 to be checked there and then to be allowed to a festival.

Can you imagine the queue?! It would all have to be socially distant. Plus, what happens to those who travel far by bus etc but then get a positive test. Where do they go? 
I just can’t see that kind of thing working for a festival, especially one as large as Glastonbury.

5 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Can you imagine the queue?! It would all have to be socially distant. Plus, what happens to those who travel far by bus etc but then get a positive test. Where do they go? 
I just can’t see that kind of thing working for a festival, especially one as large as Glastonbury.

No I understand the logically issue it could cause. But I would like that option with something else to hopefully get the festivals moving next year.

But I just cannot for the life of me see how the 600 stations built up the day before a festival to be financially viable.

And if it is, every festival in the UK should copy. 

Edited by TGCarr

13 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

No I understand the logically issue it could cause. But I would like that option with something else to hopefully get the festivals moving next year.

But I just cannot for the life of me see how the 600 stations built up the day before a festival to be financially viable.

And if it is, every festival in the UK should copy. 

That does seem pretty crazy. Home testing does have its downsides as trust is one big factor but does seem to me to be most viable. 

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think this would be too easy to cheat on - people would just find someone who'd recently taken a test and got negative and get them to do it.

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Loved SS at Evolution especially on a bank holiday weekend

Queuing up on a Sunday afternoon looking like a right state after pulling an all nighter, half the queue in full cyberdog gear and chewing their faces off 

Must have been an experience for the families going to the cinema and bowling opposite 😂

25 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

True I was just hoping for extra safety to make sure it goes on.

I think Reading & Leeds owners idea of having 600 stations built up prior to the festival around the country just sounds too much.

They could utilise existing infrastructure though for example lots of pharmacies etc are doing these tests. They could just have affiliated partners. I'll be honest I don't see it happening because the result only shows a snapshot in time. You could stop at services on the way down and get COVID.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

you don't think he was a shit leader with a huge amount of baggage waaaay out of step with the people of the country...? :blink: 

The same people who say the attacks on Corbyn weren't fair don't seem to have a problem using Spaffer's baggage against him. ;) 

Yeah but so is BoJo and he got elected. You can paper over the cracks and try and make it work - it almost did at Corbyn's first election - I genuinely believe had Labour not been fighting each other, the stuff in the leaked report not happening, people actually pulling together, we would have at least forced the Tories into a more difficult coalition arrangement, and with a good chance of a Corbyn-led coalition government.

That wouldn't have magically made him a good leader, but that's not a prerequisite to rule. And as you often point out, getting into power is the first obstacle, then you can think about the other stuff.

8 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Glasto are pretty bad at queue management at the best of times, plus have to have a certain number of public transport arrivals via license (and car park restrictions). Smaller festivals could certainly do gate testing, car arrival only.

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

They could utilise existing infrastructure though for example lots of pharmacies etc are doing these tests. They could just have affiliated partners. I'll be honest I don't see it happening because the result only shows a snapshot in time. You could stop at services on the way down and get COVID.

Yeah none of them eliminate risk. No system will mean everyone through the gates is guaranteed COVID free. But it's a combination of things. If the virus is at current levels, even with this sort of testing the festival couldn't go ahead. But if it falls, to the point you're not at all likely to catch it from a service station, and then you throw in the testing, it's relatively safe.

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Queuing up on a Sunday afternoon looking like a right state after pulling an all nighter, half the queue in full cyberdog gear and chewing their faces off 

Must have been an experience for the families going to the cinema and bowling opposite 😂

It got hairy at the end when the police would pull up and just take the first 30 people for a drugs search. Also the number of ambulances that attended was never a good look. 

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Doesn't work like that. It takes a few days for the most part for you develop covid to pass it on.