When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I think I know Bojos/Cummings next move. 

On the Thursday before half term there will be a new announcement about tiers changing. The whole country will end up in a new Tier 4 category which will basically be the same rules as the circuit breaks in the other countries of the UK. Then 2/3 weeks later the country will drop down to the tiers we have now. 

It won’t be called a circuit break/firewall etc. It will just happen without any prior announcement or planning. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Everyone is going to do what they want at Christmas according to their and those who they choose to spend it with perception of the risks at stake.

I won't begrudge anyone of what they choose to do.

The air of righteousness amongst some on here is quite frankly embarrassing.

righteousness / wanting people safe its a tough balance ....  Christmas being only one or two days .... unless people are tested nobody really knows and yes perception of risk is in play but more time inside is equal to more risk ... and transmission is broken by cutting interactions such as Christmas time 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/oct/19/students-from-northern-england-facing-toxic-attitude-at-durham-university

Maybe this gives a bit of an idea of what the Southern "elite" think of those up North, and perhaps how/why the government is behaving as they are towards us...

The fact that some of the student age types think some of the things described in that article means they got it from their parents. Not a big leap to assume this is what the government thinks of the North

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Thank you for your kind words and support @Ozanne @steviewevie @crazyfool1 @Mr.Tease As a family right on the front line it really pisses us off when people belittle the seriousness of Covid and go around with an it's not going to affect me attitude,  acting like it's business as usual. There's nothing worse than behaving like that orange guy in the states. 

Apologies I didn't realise you worked in the NHS as well mate, my thanks and well wishes extend to you as well. 

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

On the Thursday before half term there will be a new announcement about tiers changing. The whole country will end up in a new Tier 4 category which will basically be the same rules as the circuit breaks in the other countries of the UK. Then 2/3 weeks later the country will drop down to the tiers we have now. 

It won’t be called a circuit break/firewall etc. It will just happen without any prior announcement or planning. 

That’s this Thursday, right? 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

righteousness / wanting people safe its a tough balance ....  Christmas being only one or two days .... unless people are tested nobody really knows and yes perception of risk is in play but more time inside is equal to more risk ... and transmission is broken by cutting interactions such as Christmas time 

I agree, Christmas given the conditions I described earlier seems ideal for a virus to be spread around. Besides it's not just about you and the people you are with that day, what about others you might come into contact with in the build up or the days after. Don't get me wrong I would love a full on Christmas experience this year I just don't think it's a good idea.

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I think you've nailed it with this to be honest. Way to announce a lockdown without announcing a lockdown! 

52 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm planning to get shitfaced and raise my cholesterol, so business as usual as far as I'm concerned.

Might start stocking up on the Christmas spirits each week, plus going to make an unprecedented move and put the tree up on 1st Dec :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/oct/19/students-from-northern-england-facing-toxic-attitude-at-durham-university

Maybe this gives a bit of an idea of what the Southern "elite" think of those up North, and perhaps how/why the government is behaving as they are towards us...

The fact that some of the student age types think some of the things described in that article means they got it from their parents. Not a big leap to assume this is what the government thinks of the North

That's actually disgraceful, snotty nose bastards!! WTF is wrong with people :huh:

I'm from the NE, studied in Huddersfield and live in the NW and I can't say I've encountered anything like that (thank god) but I'd probably pull them down a peg or two if they tried...

51 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Everyone is going to do what they want at Christmas according to their and those who they choose to spend it with perception of the risks at stake.

it's the risk to others though...

48 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

isn't Durham in the north?

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I've received a good telling off a couple of times recently. You've got to laugh.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

It’s nothing to do with self righteousness- it’s the practicality. If the prevalence of the virus is high by Christmas. What is the point in everyone having various degrees of lockdown, and then on Christmas Day everyone just has a series of big indoor gatherings?

It completely undoes all the hard work and sacrifice in one day! It leads to a huge surge in cases (whole families getting infected) which impacts the NHS staff who have to deal with the aftermath (and people who then can’t access NHS treatment because it’s overloaded), and will mean some of those family members will die. Is it really worth it?

Ireland just moved to level 5 nationwide. Strictest control measures. Couple of slight tweaks (allowed to meet one other household outdoors, no mixing indoors at all) but we’re back to a 5km radius from our house...non-essential retail closed, pubs/bars/restaurants take away only, work from home, income support restored to the levels in April...to last 6 weeks, but expected to allow December to be largely virus-free. Review in 4 weeks, hopefully won’t be extended!