When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

If anyone on here had ever watched a person dying of Covid you would not be so keen to get close to another human again. I've witnessed 20s, 30s & 40s die, as well as older aged. It's a truly horrible death.....Mrs L

Edited by Lycra

2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

If anyone on here had ever watched a person dying of Covid you would not be so keen to get close to another human again. I've witnessed 20s, 30s & 40s die, as well as older aged. It's a truly horrible death.....Mrs L

I really hope she's doing ok!

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Grim. Can't imagine how hard your job must be. Take care.

2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Much love to Mrs L and yourself for providing the support ... thanks from me too ... it’s only internet words I know but anyone providing the help is incredible in my eyes ... thankyou 

After the excitement surrounding the vaccine last night, it’s all gone quiet on that front...

Agree Boris needs to start telling people to prepare for a different Christmas. Surely he could dangle the prospect of the vaccine and things starting to open up by spring/summer as an incentive for people to behave?

I think we might all end up in Tier 3 by the end of the month.

On another note, did you notice how early it got dark tonight? Clocks go back at the weekend as well...

Oh, and thank you Mrs L.

Edited by Ryan1984

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

After the excitement surrounding the vaccine last night, it’s all gone quiet on that front...

Agree Boris needs to start telling people to prepare for a different Christmas. Surely he could dangle the prospect of the vaccine and things starting to open up by spring/summer as an incentive for people to behave?

On another note, did you notice how early it got dark tonight? Clocks go back at the weekend as well...

Another hour of this shit year :( 

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I don't know...the vaccine/spring thing might be a false promise. I do think there needs to be a lot more honesty though...

15 minutes ago, Lycra said:

It just sounds horrific in so many different ways, I feel awful for people in hospital, unable to see loved ones, scared and struggling to breathe and wondering if they're going to die (plus all the complications that can arise on top of that- amputations, lungs becoming catastrophically damaged, strokes, heart attacks, organ damage)- it's one of my worst fears dying that way (it's why I've been extra cautious- I really don't want anyone to go out like that either).  It must be a nightmare for their families at home and it must have been awful for you to see so many people suffer like that. I know there's a worry that NHS staff will end up with some sort of PTSD.

My mum's 77 and has some co-morbidities too, so the thought of her catching covid-19 (or me passing it on to her) fills me with fear.

I know it's hard for people going through all these restrictions, but it's important to remind ourselves why we're doing it.

Edited by Mr.Tease

51 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm sorry to go on about this again but there won't be any normality at Christmas, certainly what we are used too. I think the sooner we as a society get used to that idea the better. If people are expecting to be able to go round all the houses they normally do and have the normal large family gathering then I would imagine they are going to be disappointed. The rules might be relaxed slightly in some areas but that might not be the right course of action. That's what I think the PM should be doing, preparing people for this outcome.

I'm sorry to be all doom and gloom especially with something like Christmas but there won't be normality for this year I'm afraid.

I'm planning to get shitfaced and raise my cholesterol, so business as usual as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Why do you put prof in quotation marks? Is he no longer a professor? How has he been discredited?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/may/22/karol-sikora-honorary-professor-imperial-college

Sikora is a quack who awarded himself an honorary professorship at the private Buckingham University which was founded on libertarian and alternative principles. Imperial took legal action to stop him using the term. He is an oncologist who is heavily into alternative therapies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Buckingham

"The University ran a Diploma course in "integrated medicine" that was later withdrawn under pressure from David Colquhoun,[27] a campaigner against pseudoscience and alternative medicine. The Dean of the School, Karol Sikora, was a Foundation Fellow of Prince Charles's now-defunct alternative medicine lobby group, The Prince's Foundation for Integrated Health,[28] and is Chair of the Faculty of Integrated Medicine, which is unaffiliated with any university but also includes Rosy Daniel and Mark Atkinson, who co-ordinated Buckingham's "integrated medicine" course.[27] Daniel has been criticised by David Colquhoun for breaches of the Cancer Act 1939, regarding claims she made for Carctol, a herbal dietary supplement with no utility in treating cancer.[27] Andrew Miles is on the scientific council of the College of Medicine[29] an alternative medicine lobby group linked to the Prince of Wales.[30] Sikora is also a "professional member" of this organisation.[31] The degree was stripped off validation by the University of Buckingham prior to the first graduation.[32]"

Yup. He's a charlatan.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Sorry but people simply aren't going to cancel Xmas plans. If you think any govt can enforce it or would want to....

Its bad enough if you can't travel back to see relatives. But no household mixing or meeting more than 6? Not gonna happen

Are you honestly saying that if covid-19 has a high prevalence rate by December 25th, you honestly think it's a good idea to have big family gatherings, indoors? And have loads of people travelling across the country? 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Are you honestly saying that if covid-19 has a high prevalence rate by December 25th, you honestly think it's a good idea to have big family gatherings, indoors? And have loads of people travelling across the country? 

Oh I'm not saying its a good idea. I'm saying people won't be staying at home and not seeing their family if they want to over Xmas, and there won't be the will or practical enforcement available. 

Everyone is going to do what they want at Christmas according to their and those who they choose to spend it with perception of the risks at stake.

I won't begrudge anyone of what they choose to do.

The air of righteousness amongst some on here is quite frankly embarrassing.

• Upvote 5

Thank you for your kind words and support @Ozanne @steviewevie @crazyfool1 @Mr.Tease As a family right on the front line it really pisses us off when people belittle the seriousness of Covid and go around with an it's not going to affect me attitude,  acting like it's business as usual. There's nothing worse than behaving like that orange guy in the states. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1