When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

I don't think there will be either, but we know the government will sure as hell try to make it happe

My family have been prepping for different scenarios as you have mentioned so I agree they need to try and get the idea across it may not happen as usual 

Good for you and your family, it's the sensible thing to do be doing, plan ahead for every eventuality.

I can only imagine what would happen if Christmas was allowed with minimal restrictions all round the country, especially if we haven't fully got on top of the current wave now. It could be awful.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

By relaxations over Christmas, I mean groups of 10-12 maximum. Not massive parties. 

That's not normality then. Besides 10-12 people all together in houses with no windows open, drinking and with possible at risk people present would be a mistake in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

By relaxations over Christmas, I mean groups of 10-12 maximum. Not massive parties. 

There's no way. It would be insane to throw away all the hard work of restrictions for 1 day surely...?

Edited by Euphoricape
Typo

Just now, Ozanne said:

Good for you and your family, it's the sensible thing to do be doing, plan ahead for every eventuality.

I can only imagine what would happen if Christmas was allowed with minimal restrictions all round the country, especially if we haven't fully got on top of the current wave now. It could be awful.

That's not normality then. Besides 10-12 people all together in houses with no windows open, drinking and with possible at risk people present would be a mistake in my opinion. 

I’ll be attending my family Christmas as usual and we’ll break the rules if need be. There’s only 6 of us though so chances are it’ll be allowed. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’ll be attending my family Christmas as usual and we’ll break the rules if need be. There’s only 6 of us though so chances are it’ll be allowed. 

That’s very noble of you ... breaking rules that won’t exist .... I’m gonna break my own rules by gathering myself in front of the tv 📺 for the day .. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I know you want a reaction, so all I'll say is I hope if/when the time comes you change your mind and think of those around you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The rule of 6 coming back would be a relaxation - probably as far as they'll go with a bit of a blind eye turned if people have like 8. Perhaps with a "try to isolate for a bit before you go", "don't go if you're showing symptoms",  and perhaps an extra school holiday week at the start

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

The rule of 6 coming back would be a relaxation - probably as far as they'll go with a bit of a blind eye turned if people have like 8. Perhaps with a "try to isolate for a bit before you go", "don't go if you're showing symptoms",  and perhaps an extra school holiday week at the start

Was planning to take a test at my own expense before travelling 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I hope he’s not accusing my relatives of being vulnerable if that’s what he means 

lol 'accusing someone of being vulnerable'. Why do you say that like it's a bad thing? Having a condition that could make you vulnerable is nothing to be ashamed of.

Just now, Lycra said:

It's official....Mrs L is overrun with Covid and more wards are being turned over to it once again. Deaths rising too........And we are only tier 1

Sorry to hear that mate. I know it doesn't mean much but say thanks to her from all of us!

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm sorry to go on about this again but there won't be any normality at Christmas, certainly what we are used too. I think the sooner we as a society get used to that idea the better. If people are expecting to be able to go round all the houses they normally do and have the normal large family gathering then I would imagine they are going to be disappointed. The rules might be relaxed slightly in some areas but that might not be the right course of action. That's what I think the PM should be doing, preparing people for this outcome.

I'm sorry to be all doom and gloom especially with something like Christmas but there won't be normality for this year I'm afraid.

Christmas isn't a big deal for me (scarred from years when I was in my 20s working as a Christmas temp in shops! plus most of my family are either dead or live abroad- and to be honest I've always felt I don't need a calendar day to tell me to meet up with the family I want to), but for those that it is a big deal for, I do think the government could have done a better job of expectation management, instead of BJ saying he hoped this would be all over by Christmas after the first lockdown (ridiculous, it was never going to be), even now he's been seeding the idea it might just happen, rather than giving time to people to prepare for it probably not happening, which just means they won't obey any rules against it when 25th December hits.

They couldn't have been more honest and transparent and at the end of the first lockdown just said likely there will be more until we get the vaccine, and you'll probably have to sacrifice this one Christmas to protect your family. 

Edited by Mr.Tease