When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

57 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

As a direct answer to when all of this shit will end; some time around 6 am GMT, Nov 4.

Biden will finally save us.

Image may contain: text that says "1973 Biden Elected 1974- Senator 1975- -Senator 1976- -Senator 1977- Senator 1978-Senator 1979- Senator 980-Senator 1981- -Senator 1982- Senator 1983- Senator 1984- -Senator 1985- Senator 1986- Senator 1987-Senator 1988-Senator 1989 Senator 1990- Senator 1991- Senator 1992- Senator -Senator 1994- Senator 1995- Senator 1996 Senator 1997- Senator 1998- Senator 1999-Senator 2000 Senator 2001- Senator 2002- Senator 2003- Senator 2004- Senator 2005 Senator 2006- Senator 2007- Senator 2008- Senator 2009 Vice-President 2010- Vice-President 2011- ice-President 2012 -Vice-President 2013- Vice-President 2014- Vice-President 2015- Vice-President 2016- Vice-President 2017 2018 2019 2020 Now he's going to fix things"

100% agree it's shocking that Biden didn't sort out America's COVID response in the 70s, that's just negligent.

22 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He says from January 1st. Seems pretty to do with Brexit to me.

it's for the USA. It cannot be to do directly with brexit as it's something they could have done at any time, no brexit required. I don't doubt that the timing has been tied in with brexit but that's not quite the same thing.

And anyway (excluding everything about brexit), is what Shatner mentions it a bad thing (if it's even accurate?)?

In theory an improved way of trading can only be a good thing, and while there's the desire for the UK to have overseas traders pre-submit paperwork and payment, I can't see how it stops those who don't from selling to the UK; it'll simply mean their goods will go thru the same expensive, clunky and slow system that currently exists.

Brexit is happening whether we like it or not. Anything which helps smooth trade after brexit should be encouraged.

11 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Sunak is a clown

I went into work fuming on the day he said that people working in the arts should just get other jobs and said ‘Have you seen what that cock Sunak has said about the arts?’ and one of my colleagues who has consistently been critical of this government throughout COVID said ‘Oh I quite like Rishi.’ to which I asked why and she couldn’t give any response. 

Why are there so many people who seem to prefer him? He’s just the same as the rest. 

Edited by Andre91

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I went into work fuming on the day he said that people working in the arts should just get other jobs and said ‘Have you seen what that cock Sunak has said about the arts?’ and one of my colleagues who has consistently been critical of this government throughout COVID said ‘Oh I quite like Rushi.’ to which I asked why and she couldn’t give any response. 

Why are there so many people who seem to prefer him? He’s just the same as the rest. 

Because he gives off the impression he is more ‘normal’ and actually speaks clearly and coherently most of the time (not that I agree with his views!). Also has a lot of good faith for bringing in furlough but that’s obviously quickly ebbing away.

8 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Because he gives off the impression he is more ‘normal’ and actually speaks clearly and coherently most of the time (not that I agree with his views!). Also has a lot of good faith for bringing in furlough but that’s obviously quickly ebbing away.

I feel the same about him.

Don’t agree with his views but he at least comes over as intelligent, statesmanlike, measured and capable of empathy.

All the things the rest of the current rabble are not.

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Influencers are the scum of the earth

Influencers are marketing remarketing marketing. :P 

Who the fuck follows a marketing man (or woman) and thinks they're doing something smart? :blink: 

“what about this wheel thingy? It sounds a terribly interesting project.”

“Ah,” said the marketing girl, “well, we’re having a little difficulty there.”

“Difficulty?” exclaimed Ford. “Difficulty? What do you mean, difficulty? It’s the single simplest machine in the entire Universe!”

The marketing girl soured him with a look “All right, Mr. Wiseguy,” she said, “you’re so clever, you tell us what color it should be.”

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I feel the same about him.

Don’t agree with his views but he at least comes over as intelligent, statesmanlike, measured and capable of empathy.

All the things the rest of the current rabble are not.

15 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

And he did appear to act quickly and decisively at the start of the pandemic with the furlough scheme. It's just his actions since then that have been less impressive.

And he's handsome. Rational or not, being "dishy Rishi" does help.

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I went into work fuming on the day he said that people working in the arts should just get other jobs and said ‘Have you seen what that cock Sunak has said about the arts?’ and one of my colleagues who has consistently been critical of this government throughout COVID said ‘Oh I quite like Rishi.’ to which I asked why and she couldn’t give any response. 

in early days he was throwing money around, and over summer we were eating out on him...and he came across as a better communicator and more intelligent as Johnson. Now that he wants to turn the taps off the shine is coming off.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

in early days he was throwing money around, and over summer we were eating out on him...and he came across as a better communicator and more intelligent as Johnson. Now that he wants to turn the taps off the shine is coming off.

04BF5076-05E5-4DD2-A995-7E1C9FD55E3B.png

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

King of the North speaks.

It's getting silly now - he's right that everywhere will be tier 3 soon, but there is no avoiding it, there is just the leftie Labour mayor being blamed for the coming deaths in hospital corridors in Manchester, and them ending up with tier 3 imposed anyway, just with more deaths and still only 66% wages for people. Then the Tories sweep in and take over more in the North.

It's awful though- huge amounts of the country will have minimum wage reduced by a third

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

To be fair, neither did Trump. Which just proves the "they're all just as bad as each other" types correct

Not sure you fully appreciated the original post to which you replied.