When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just got one of those "Possible Covid-19 exposure" notifications from the app. Pretty sure it then said it was fine but it disappeared pretty quickly! My partner got one too. I'm sure someone else has had one here? Am I right in thinking if you need to isolate it would be very clear?

Not surprising really as we have been out and about and around more people in the past week and a half than we have previously for the past few months, having been on holiday for a week (although we still avoided busy places). I would imagine it was from public transport.

I've had them a few times. Nothing to worry about 🙂

Screenshot_20201014-164411.jpg

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Bojo is obviously trying to balance lockdown restrictions to stop virus spreading, and also reducing the economic damage. Problem is it is coming across as unfair, and there's not as much money being thrown at it, and it may not actually stop the virus spreading. This country is just ending up with worst of both worlds, high number of deaths, and one of the worst hit economies.

Sunak might as well have come out and said it’s cheaper to let several thousand people lose their jobs by April rather than ensure they said employed and get paid. He’s definitely been found out recently, remember when he said we should just go outside without fear? That worked well. 

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Yes - it comes up with a big clock thing like the image below if you definitely need to isolate. The ones that go away are just low level ones.

_114575659_appp.jpg

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Yeah, I had one of those. Apparently it’s a glitch (a world-beating one).

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I've had them a few times. Nothing to worry about 🙂

Screenshot_20201014-164411.jpg

Cool, thanks guys! That is what I thought but just checking :)

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Yeah, I had one of those. Apparently it’s a glitch (a world-beating one).

In fairness I don't think it's a glitch. I believe it's the Google bit that's used to track exposures that sends the initial notification when someone you've connected with has a positive result. 

They've then updated the NHS app to clarify that the risk is assessed and you don't need to do anything. 

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

It baffles me that they're sticking to these localised pseudo-lockdowns when there are places, like the state of Victoria in Australia, who have aptly demonstrated that shutting the whole place down (closing borders and halting international arrivals aside from returning citizens who then quarantine for 14 days, completely shutting all retail and hospitality aside from take away food, restricting movement enforceable by sizeable fines and mandating masks at all times outside the home) actually works.

Of course that actually works.. you're closing basically everything. At what cost tho?

Also as soon as you open up again the virus will just come back

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

true, but that is when you bring in a working test and contact trace system to stop virus from spreading. In theory.

Test and Trace is working exactly as planned though. 

It’s funnelling billions of tax payers money into the hands of wealthy Tories. 

35 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It must be pretty galling to be born into wealth, coast through life being told you're going to be Prime Minister one day, succeeding in becoming Prime Minister, and then get a double whammy of a pandemic and Brexit - in turn finding out you're fucking terrible at the job you thought was your god given right. I hope, deep down, he's utterly miserable.

For all intents and purposes Johnson is thick and lazy. Also born into privilege which allows him to easily those faults to become one of our worst ever PMs.

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

For all intents and purposes Johnson is thick and lazy. Also born into privilege which allows him to easily those faults to become one of our worst ever PMs.

Yep, all anyone has to do is Google "Boris Johnson lazy" and they'll find many articles from left, centrist and right wingers all documenting his notorious laziness, dating back through all his Jobs, complaints from colleagues, former bosses and people who've worked under him- it's well known (or at least I assumed it was, a couple of posters seem outraged at such an accusation!) 

It's on display at pmqs and his press interviews when it's clear he's done no prep and has no idea what his own rules are or what key reports say (because he hasn't bothered reading them) and all the missed cobra meetings on the run up to the outbreak. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Of course that actually works.. you're closing basically everything. At what cost tho?

Also as soon as you open up again the virus will just come back

At great cost, obviously. But at much less cost than farting around with half-measure 'restrictions' which hurt people and businesses over a longer period without achieving much.

Regarding the return of the virus, that depends on what you mean by 'open up'. Opening up a protected country domestically doesn't risk much. Any minor outbreaks can easily be managed. Opening up international borders presents the greatest risk, but the risk can be minimised with 'air bridges' to low impact countries.

I’m hoping that Ardens win is a sign of things to come. That deep down a lot of people want to elect leaders who will take the pandemic seriously.

Not holding my breath but I do find that political change tends to come in a sweep (like Brexit and Trump back to back).

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m hoping that Ardens win is a sign of things to come. That deep down a lot of people want to elect leaders who will take the pandemic seriously.

Not holding my breath but I do find that political change tends to come in a sweep (like Brexit and Trump back to back).

I hope you are right!

2 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I hope you are right!

I think some people need to see some evidence that left leaning parties can actually win elections again.

If I was Boris and we had just seen Arden, Biden etc winning elections id start getting a bit worried about Kier Starmer.

It's all just an absolute mess isn't it?

I'm in Tier 3 territory and expected our restrictions to be identical to Liverpool's as the whole system was supposed to be about 'clarity' and 'consistency' 🙄 should've known better. 

On a positive note, I'm still allowed to go to the gym and don't have to take my daughter to any soft play areas for the foreseeable. 

4 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

image.thumb.png.f292118b63592ba9fdc3f7c3f0d0541d.pngHigher cases than yesterday on a weekend lag. 

Deaths 150, very worrying to. 
Hospital admissions are nearly 100

Yes it's getting worse by the day. Mrs L has gone from 1 or 2 patients to unit full & overspilling in 6 weeks.....and there's no sign of it stopping. What's even more worrying is that we're in tier 1 ! 

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

Yes it's getting worse by the day. Mrs L has gone from 1 or 2 patients to unit full & overspilling in 6 weeks.....and there's no sign of it stopping. What's even more worrying is that we're in tier 1 ! 

Oh god really, Where is that. 

I was thinking that hospital capacity is probably less equipped in some areas even at lower tiers

But we won’t get a respite from it as Boris won’t concede to a suggestion made by the opposition. 

In other news, the story about one of Bojo’s affairs has resurfaced today. His affair with that Acuri bint is what the media is focusing on again. You’ll be wondering why she’s suddenly become relevant again...

This is so when you search for Boris Johnson affair on Twitter you see that old news story that everyone already knows about and you don’t see the actual new affair that he is strongly rumoured to have had with a Russian violinist which apparently has produced a child. 

Sorry @eFestivals Bojo’s wedding is off, I know you were looking forward to it. 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

But we won’t get a respite from it as Boris won’t concede to a suggestion made by the opposition. 

In other news, the story about one of Bojo’s affairs has resurfaced today. His affair with that Acuri bint is what the media is focusing on again. You’ll be wondering why she’s suddenly become relevant again...

This is so when you search for Boris Johnson affair on Twitter you see that old news story that everyone already knows about and you don’t see the actual new affair that he is strongly rumoured to have had with a Russian violinist which apparently has produced a child. 

Sorry @eFestivals Bojo’s wedding is off, I know you were looking forward to it. 

Is that since he’s been pm ? Or further back ?