When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Jesus...

7889F39A-A964-4944-81F0-007B348F4DC4.jpeg

I just need him to lose big-ly come election day- we all need some sort of ray of hope that things aren't going to be only shite for the foreseeable future. A trump loss and a successful vaccine announcement would be such a morale boost

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I just need him to lose big-ly come election day- we all need some sort of ray of hope that things aren't going to be only shite for the foreseeable future. A trump loss and a successful vaccine announcement would be such a morale boost

A vaccine announcement will give me one of those glastonbury buzzy adrenaline feelings ...  :) not sure I’ll get quite that with a trump defeat ... but it will bring a smile at least 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Just thinking .. is a US backed vaccine more likely to come sooner with Trump in charge rather than Biden?

Maybe, but you'd never know if was safe.  But at the moment, the answer appears to be no - he's not been able to bully anyone into approving a vaccine that's not fully tested.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I will, because a vaccine still feels more inevitable of that monster getting defeated.

No long to go now and we find out ... can’t remember how it works and how quickly we find out if it doesn’t go to court though ... is it like ours and we have some idea early on ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

No long to go now and we find out ... can’t remember how it works and how quickly we find out if it doesn’t go to court though ... is it like ours and we have some idea early on ? 

In a normal election, yes.   But with all the postal voting this year, unless there's a huge margin, it's highly unlikely that we'll know for sure who will have won on the morning after.  Where it gets dramatic is that since postal votes are said to favour Democrats, Trump has been signalling that he intends to call the election for himself if he has an edge on the night, then attempt to disregard the postal votes.  It seems highly unlikely that he will concede the election even if Biden looks to be winning on the night. 

It's going to be an interesting week or two after election day. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think it would make too much difference, it’s a pretty independent process?

Yeah but thinking the egotistical side of Trump may be putting extreme pressure on getting the first working vaccine out into the world, and ensuring it coming out whilst he’s in office. He’ll use that as a stick to mark his term against when it’s all over. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In a normal election, yes.   But with all the postal voting this year, unless there's a huge margin, it's highly unlikely that we'll know for sure who will have won on the morning after.  Where it gets dramatic is that since postal votes are said to favour Democrats, Trump has been signalling that he intends to call the election for himself if he has an edge on the night, then attempt to disregard the postal votes.  It seems highly unlikely that he will concede the election even if Biden looks to be winning on the night. 

Cheers ... so unless it’s very clear it’s gonna take a while .... imagine if we get the vaccine and trump defeat confirmed on the same day ... 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

unless we're looking at a Biden landslide?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

unless we're looking at a Biden landslide?

Yeah, a really big Biden landslide could make it clear.  Trump won't concede on the night though.  The big baby will hold on as long as he possibly can.  My suspicion is that fears of what he does in the following two months is why the Dems have raised the prospect of the 25th amendment - they'll probably try to make a deal to get Pence installed until the formal handover, because Trump is fucking mental. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

If you’re just knocking one out while watching the local barmaid being nailed by a trucker through the window of a Vauxhall Astra, I reckon you’ll be okay - just keep the window closed 👍

Yeah, but the government haven’t made this clear, why wasn’t this in the announcement? 

Edited by rivalschools.price
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Interesting figs but who's getting all the shit??? Will add Nottingham is Conservative

No, we're fucking not. Or even halfway close to it.

On Nottingham City Council the Tories have exactly 2 out of 55 seats. All 3 of the city MPs are Labour, and are amongst the safest seats in the country.

If you were talking about the suburbs and wider county then it becomes more even - but then, the virus numbers you're quoting only reflect the City.

39 minutes ago, incident said:

No, we're fucking not. Or even halfway close to it.

On Nottingham City Council the Tories have exactly 2 out of 55 seats. All 3 of the city MPs are Labour, and are amongst the safest seats in the country.

If you were talking about the suburbs and wider county then it becomes more even - but then, the virus numbers you're quoting only reflect the City.

I do apologise for the error I just checked the Nottingham website an obviously read it wrong - soz :unsure: