When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Pendants Corner said:

I'm in the same boat! 
I've checked this thread *far* too many times over the past few months, which has kept me both semi-sane and entertained throughout. Anyway, I'll go back to lurking but felt compelled enough to follow @CurlyPutz lead and come out of the shadows for one post

No need to go back in the shadows ... feel free to join in ... the more the merrier welcome to the forum :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Are people not allowed to express concern or sadness because a lot of things are being taken away from them? Saying this is like saying you can never get upset about anything because someone else has it harder. 

I think the issue is that a lot of the isolation issues people are complaining about now are issues felt by a lot of the population a lot of the time anyway. And while I don't think it's the case here, more generally in the media many of the folks complaining now about their mental health and feeling isolated are the same ones that would have called other people snowflakes for feeling that way when there's no pandemic on.

22 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Manchester was 31st July, as I remember the tweets late on the Thursday the night before at something like 9.30pm telling us a midnight we would be under restrictions :(

Yeah often there's a lag between when the rules are announced to come in and when the legislation is actually passed to make them legally binding.

This whole situation in the NW is nuts... they have basically bullied Lancashire into Tier 3 and miraculously pulled an extra 30m out their arse to help them yet they refuse to listen to Andy's legitimate concerns on economic package for Manchester!!

Min wage folk can't survive on 67%, the support only goes to closed businesses and not supply chain that surrounds it. Freelancers and self employed not covered 

All Andy is asking for is liveable support for this people but Government are playing bully boy politics of put up or shut up.. which has come out from conversations with Lancashire leaders. Basically told you accept or we put you into Tier 3 with no cash - so much for looking after the people Ffs

Also, different rules that gyms can open there why?? No wonder Liverpool are pushing back.

Looks like north east have avoided tier 3, no mention of Yorkshire or Nottingham (highest rates in country) 

Personally I think Boris will force Manchester into Tier 3 with no extra funds, does care about destitution it will cause when he could easily resolve it :(

44 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Like at least I got something. But most people getting this 67 percent will not be office workers with high paid salaries, they'll be minimum wage paid workers. Who will have to deal with having no choice but getting insanely low income each month through no fault of their own. - 

Not only that, but a lot of the hospitality workers would've got a meal on shift too. Or at the very least, a subsidised one. Which they'll now be missing out on.

Probably their main meal of the day too in a lot of cases. 

Edited by philipsteak
  • Upvote 1

Boils down to the fact we should all be treated much better than this joke of a government are willing to do for us.

When I say "us" I really do mean it. Whether you are affected by rule changes or job losses shouldn't come in to it. We all have a moral duty to stick up for each other when times are sh*t and some of us are being royally screwed by an unequal system.

I live in the SW and wholeheartedly feel for those in the North. Complete solidarity to you guys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pendants Corner said:

I'm in the same boat! 
I've checked this thread *far* too many times over the past few months, which has kept me both semi-sane and entertained throughout. Anyway, I'll go back to lurking but felt compelled enough to follow @CurlyPutz lead and come out of the shadows for one post

Dare you to stay :)

... also Hello!! :) welcome!

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My “friend “ who is anti facemask because of liberties posting this ... oh and he wears one to Asda !! 

81FD3013-D765-485B-B293-75856F11B847.jpeg

To be fair amongst all this anti mask shite there are people who generally find it difficult to wear masks for mental health, or sometimes sensory difficulties like autism. 

Having said that it’s largely being used as a smokescreen by antimask gammons. Who I have no sympathy with. 

6 minutes ago, zero000 said:

To be fair amongst all this anti mask shite there are people who generally find it difficult to wear masks for mental health, or sometimes sensory difficulties like autism. 

Having said that it’s largely being used as a smokescreen by antimask gammons. Who I have no sympathy with. 

Oh absolutely ... and anyone who has a reason not to wear them of course I’m sympathetic... it’s his anti mask stance followed by this , it’s like he’s trying to drum up support for his cause by talking about this as a major issue ... while he does his gardening on the hills .... the piss takers who don’t wear them that I work with are obvious but the customers not quite so much ... 

10 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Nottingham MPs called to a meeting with Gov. Could be Tier 3 but no leaks so far.

As their rate per 100k is currently double my area (and we’re in Tier 3) I would hope it would be for this reason, for the sake of some consistency. 

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Surprisingly we actually don’t. His waffle is usually leaked in advance. 

He’s blabbering on on BBC News right now (pre-recorded I think) about how British exceptionalism will see us through No Deal and how nasty/unfair the EU are being. He also got in a dig at Burnham/praise for Liverpool and Lancashire.

Is this their (Cummings) usual trick of throwing in some casual xenophobia to take attention away from the real news about rates increasing and people dying?

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ask laura ... surely one of her sources has let slip by now .... (DC ) 

It’s probably one of 3 things. 

More areas being moved to tier 3. This is unlikely as it should have been discussed in Parliament first. 

The plan (or lack of it) for a no deal Brexit. 

Bojo’s resignation because he can no longer get a pint in the commons bar. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

More areas being moved to tier 3. This is unlikely it should have been discussed in Parliament first. 

or none of them .... Hands Face Space ..

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

As their rate per 100k is currently double my area (and we’re in Tier 3) I would hope it would be for this reason, for the sake of some consistency. 

Its now being reported in the Nottingham Post that the planned meeting has been cancelled with no future meeting arranged. What that means for us is anybody's guess.

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

More areas being moved to tier 3. This is unlikely as it should have been discussed in Parliament first. 

It sounds like it’s a normal briefing - but without an expert and at 4pm because Boris doesn’t want to work late on a Friday.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

No need to go back in the shadows ... feel free to join in ... the more the merrier welcome to the forum :) 

Ha cheers, I have been here 8 years odd  off and on, just don't post much, just read. Live music is a massive part of my downtime like many here no doubt.  Last gig was Frank Turner in Bath, strange event, everyone on edge and then it was all over for the year. Tried to get in to see Jon Hopkins the following day but didn't happen. Still, got our 6 tickets in the Worthy Farm bank for next year and hoping for the best but expecting the worst atm.