When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Well yeah all people die, but as a society we’ve decided not to accept ANY deaths from covid. That’s why these rules will never be relaxed while we have community transmission, even if the vaccine means that far fewer people die from it. 

When restrictions were lifted in June people were still dying. Nobody has said they don't accept any deaths from COVID. Well Nicola might have said it once or twice but she was being as silly as you are. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Well yeah all people die, but as a society we’ve decided not to accept ANY deaths from covid. That’s why these rules will never be relaxed while we have community transmission, even if the vaccine means that far fewer people die from it. 

No we haven't. You keep stringing together a load of inaccurate statements and then taking wild leaps of logic.  We've decided as a society we want to prevent a deadly virus from exponentially growing to the point where it overwhelms healthcare services.  That's fundamentally the same as it was back in March.  When vaccines and natural immunity reduce the levels to the point where an unchecked virus causes levels of illness that healthcare services can deal with, then things will return to normal - everywhere on the planet.

"ANY" and "100%" shouldn't be part of the discussion.  It's all about reducing to acceptable levels - which if you look at the current increase in hospitalisations is not where we're at right now. But we will be.  And you will be able to see at risk people again next year.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

You are confusing two different things. The letter to the government from the literally hundred of top scientist was not suggesting herd immunity. 

You mean that Great Barrington thing? From what I've read it is not really backed up by any evidence and most scientist disagree with it.

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Whenever we are lucky enough to get festivals back I'll need some kind of training regime ahead of it. Hiking with a can in hand sounds about right.....

There is a dedicated Fitness for Glasto thread. Once we get past the cold soggy time of year we could try set up some walking and drinking challenges to get our feet and livers in shape for a week on the farm. 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m worried that the government will not stop controlling our lives as long as their is any community transmission

That’s exactly what I’m saying, even if they attempt it (which they won’t as they’re currently doing everything they can to avoid just this in most cases) - people simply won’t stand for it, no matter the COVID situation. 

Edited by st dan

18 minutes ago, Havors said:

You are confusing two different things. The letter to the government from the literally hundred of top scientist was not suggesting herd immunity. 

Top scientists including Harold Shipman and Johnny Fartpants?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-herd-immunity-great-barrington-declaration-scientists-signatures-fake-names-b912778.html

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, blackred said:

That is absolutely incredible.  My personal favourite is ‘Dr Brian Blessed Doctor in Winged Flight, Z-Cars and Booming Laughter’

28 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

There is a dedicated Fitness for Glasto thread. Once we get past the cold soggy time of year we could try set up some walking and drinking challenges to get our feet and livers in shape for a week on the farm. 

Will definitely be up for that - even if I remain ticketless I'll be needing that sort of training for other festivals! 

24 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

In other terrible news...

image.png.c6ab28731745ebb8a0821b47815d2b36.png

I know someone who worked on the vote leave campaign, it’s always been the plan, otherwise the tories and all their hedge fund pals wouldn’t have bet on it happening. They stand to profit off a no deal, that’s why they’re pushing it through.

Even though I knew it was coming, it still makes me want to cry however

DDD42CAB-7DC9-46B7-86E1-03C92026250F.png