When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

But even if not enforced these restrictions do get message across to people that need to be careful, it's still out there. Definitely noticed people being more careful,  Not sure if enough to reduce transmission of course as some people obviously think they know better, or don't care, or maybe don't believe it, and also people still go to work/school/uni etc...

As I said yesterday I live in Essex, can’t go for a pint with a mate at the pub at the end of my road but can legally go and get a 10 minute train to Southend and have a pint with 6 others in a pub full of strangers.

Joe bloggs living in my town understand the severity of the situation when they don’t have that option.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not sure if this has been posted already, but absolutely brilliant stuff from Burnham:

Though I love Burnham, what is he actually asking for?

Is he asking for a national lockdown so it’s not just the highly affected places? If this happens then surely this risks the livelihoods of so many more people than just Mancunians as seen from March - now?

Or is he accepting the fact that COVID numbers will rise in Manc, potentially causing more deaths to enable the people of Manchester to not be subject to financial issues (which go on to form mental health etc)?

I really am stumped with this, and it’s annoying because as I say I love the guy.

1 minute ago, PolygonWindow said:

Is he asking for a national lockdown so it’s not just the highly affected places? If this happens then surely this risks the livelihoods of so many more people than just Mancunians as seen from March - now?

Or is he accepting the fact that COVID numbers will rise in Manc, potentially causing more deaths to enable the people of Manchester to not be subject to financial issues (which go on to form mental health etc)?

I really am stumped with this, and it’s annoying because as I say I love the guy.

Really? It's the economic package he's complaining about, I thought that was fairly clear. It's not enough support for those it covers and more to Burnham's point, it doesn't cover enough people.

1 minute ago, PolygonWindow said:

He is asking for more money isn't he? I haven't watched the clip though.

10 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

As I said yesterday I live in Essex, can’t go for a pint with a mate at the pub at the end of my road but can legally go and get a 10 minute train to Southend and have a pint with 6 others in a pub full of strangers.

Joe bloggs living in my town understand the severity of the situation when they don’t have that option.

I know of course you would be able to do this as no one would check, but isn't that technically against the rules? I.e. if you are in tier 2 you can't mix with anyone indoors no matter where they are?

Also I presume tier 2 means you can't eat outdoors in a beer garden with others? No plans to, just wondering as the wording is somewhat ambiguous in what I've read.

19 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

You will all have to forgive me as I’ve not been on these forums too much of late but is the general consensus that the lack of development of the track and trace app the main ‘time waster’ throughout this period (March-now)?

I'd say so.

But there's also been plenty of other stuff (too long to list) that didn't have to happen and has made the situation worse than it might have been.

46 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Just to put it into perspective whilst you’ve been living with those restrictions for months. As soon as they’ve come into place in London the person you’re discussing this with has decided to move to another part of the country (possibly spreading the virus) before the restrictions come into place. 

I see where you’re coming from but I think most other people in London understand how it’s been for you guys up there and really empathise with the difficulties you’re facing. Hopefully you can get the financial package from the Government in the next few days!

I moved to another tier 2 area 😂

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know of course you would be able to do this as no one would check, but isn't that technically against the rules? I.e. if you are in tier 2 you can't mix with anyone indoors no matter where they are?

Also I presume tier 2 means you can't eat outdoors in a beer garden with others? No plans to, just wondering as the wording is somewhat ambiguous in what I've read.

I assume he means Southend is in tier 2? Yes, you can go to a beer garden with mates in tier 2, just not inside. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Na you can sit outside with up to 6 in tier 2 (correct me if I’m wrong??)

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I moved to another tier 2 area 😂

I assume he means Southend is in tier 2? Yes, you can go to a beer garden with mates in tier 2, just not inside. 

Southend and Thurrock are a different council so still tier 1.

My sister is in Southend and my parents are in Chelmsford. My understanding is they can't visit each other indoors, so she can't come from tier 1 to tier 2 to do so and vice versa.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

All stuff that will come out in the future public enquiry.

That enquiry will bring up some shocking facts. I’m sure of it. The trouble is that those involved will be long gone by that point and no longer involved spending the cash and not caring about the mess they’ve made. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

That’s not true though. If your place of residence lies in a tier 2 zone you are not allowed to mix households indoors with anyone, no matter what tier they live in. So for example if I was so travel from London to Brighton, I still couldn’t mix indoors as I live in a tier 2 zone.

Tier 2 is only allowed to mix outdoors with up to 6 people, and not allowed to mix socially indoors at all. So you can go to the pub with friends but you must sit outside not inside.

Obviously none of this is enforceable but it just relies on people to do the right thing.

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

That enquiry will bring up some shocking facts. I’m sure of it. The trouble is that those involved will be long gone by that point and no longer involved spending the cash and not caring about the mess they’ve made. 

Oh yeah they’ll have sodded off to do speeches for several £100k but hopefully some justice can be served.

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I actually think they might do the enquiry while Johnson is still in power so that he can ensure it’s down under his own terms. Whitty, Hancock and Vallance will be made the fall guys.

BTW, if there wasn’t a second wave it would be almost legitimate for the government to blame the scientists. They weren’t advised to lock down early therefore it’s easy to see how an enquiry would blame Whitty and Vallance for the first wave death toll. If the second wave death toll ends up being 10000+, that’s totally on the government. The scientists told them to lock down and it fell of deaf ears. 

28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not sure if this has been posted already, but absolutely brilliant stuff from Burnham:

There has been an ICU Nurse or Doctor this morning telling them to shut up and get on with it now to save lives. 

I don't agree with restrictions (without the correct support mechanisms in place) but if the medical profession start saying things like that it doesn't end well for Burnham. 

I can't see a way this doesn't end with a national lockdown at the moment, which I would be behind more than these localised ones because the government cannot do anything other than put support measures in place.

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Really? It's the economic package he's complaining about, I thought that was fairly clear. It's not enough support for those it covers and more to Burnham's point, it doesn't cover enough people.

On the other hand tho, wouldn’t asking for a revised economic package push back tier upgrades, potentially causing further deaths and infections?

3 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

On the other hand tho, wouldn’t asking for a revised economic package push back tier upgrades, potentially causing further deaths and infections?

Extend the furlough scheme? That's surely what's going to end up happening when there is the one inevitable national lockdown be that by a national lockdown in name or by stealth and everyone is tier 3 anyway. 

7 minutes ago, st dan said:

The only right course of justice for their actions would be if they were rotting in their jail cells. 

Absolutely mate for many reason during this pandemic!

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

BTW, if there wasn’t a second wave it would be almost legitimate for the government to blame the scientists. They weren’t advised to lock down early therefore it’s easy to see how an enquiry would blame Whitty and Vallance for the first wave death toll. If the second wave death toll ends up being 10000+, that’s totally on the government. The scientists told them to lock down and it fell of deaf ears. 

It wouldn’t be anywhere near legitimate to blame the Scientists. SAGE recommended to the government around the 21st Sept that a lockdown or circuit breaker be put into effect and Johnson ignored it. That’s on Johnson not the Scientists. 

Edited by Ozanne

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

That’s not true though. If your place of residence lies in a tier 2 zone you are not allowed to mix households indoors with anyone, no matter what tier they live in. So for example if I was so travel from London to Brighton, I still couldn’t mix indoors as I live in a tier 2 zone.

Tier 2 is only allowed to mix outdoors with up to 6 people, and not allowed to mix socially indoors at all. So you can go to the pub with friends but you must sit outside not inside.

Obviously none of this is enforceable but it just relies on people to do the right thing.

Not that I have any plans btw!

Ok, thanks for clarifying. 

Impossible to police so completely on the individual I.e no one is going to give a fuck 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Absolutely mate for many reason during this pandemic!

It wouldn’t be anywhere near legitimate to blame the Scientists. SAGE recommended to the government around the 21st Sept that a lockdown or circuit breaker be put into effect and Johnson ignored it. That’s on Johnson not the Scientists. 

I’m talking about the first wave