When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, steviewevie said:

Yes, just means everyone stay home. But, Starmer said schools should be kept open...although we have half term coming up so that would be one week covered.

I’m a massive advocate for keeping schools open until it’s an absolute necessity to close them again, but I think if we’re going to have any real impact with a circuit breaker then schools need to be shut for the full duration, otherwise it’s a waste of time putting everybody else back though the pain and misery. 

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Out of curiosity, anyone in a no household mixing area been to a pub/restaraunt? Whats the enforcement like?

Manchester again here, most asked, no one checked. I only ever went out with people from one other household though so it was a bit like we lived together.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Out of curiosity, anyone in a no household mixing area been to a pub/restaraunt? Whats the enforcement like?

I had a drink with a very close friend. Other than strict venue check ins and table service only it was normal. 

They didn’t question if we lived together or were part of the same bubble. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I love it how international comparisons are back, now they can be used to make the UK govt look good. ;) 

I just thought that. 

They really think we are too stupid to realise, like when certain slides suddenly disappeared during the daily pressers. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I just thought that. 

They really think we are too stupid to realise, like when certain slides suddenly disappeared during the daily pressers. 

They know. They just don't care.

Enough people will then state that "we are better than x country with regards to y". 

They can't really lose. 

39 minutes ago, st dan said:

I’m a massive advocate for keeping schools open until it’s an absolute necessity to close them again, but I think if we’re going to have any real impact with a circuit breaker then schools need to be shut for the full duration, otherwise it’s a waste of time putting everybody else back though the pain and misery. 

Yeah, they can talk all day about pubs, restaurants, masks and illegal raves but the inconvenient truth is that the spikes in the virus started when schools, colleges and Universities started back up in September.

44 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I had a drink with a very close friend. Other than strict venue check ins and table service only it was normal. 

They didn’t question if we lived together or were part of the same bubble. 

Calling it now - they'll close pubs and restaurants and not support them, blaming them for breaking the tier 2 rules.