When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Honestly I don't think this tier 2/tier 3 stuff is going to be relevant for much longer. Couple of weeks maybe? We will either all be in circuit break/lockdown or everyone will be in tier 3. So moving area is probably pretty pointless unless it's to be nearer to family you can see outdoors (or to join their bubble).

I’m not saying you are doing this as I know what you’re plans are! But I feel if an area is being moved into a higher tier then people moving to another area is a bit unfair on that area you are moving too. In theory London has a higher risk so why risk taking that to another place?

I know it’s really tough for people in those areas but I would really recommend people to stay where they are; I’m not trying to get on top of anyone I genuinely feel it’s the right thing to do!

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not saying you are doing this as I know what you’re plans are! But I feel if an area is being moved into a higher tier then people moving to another area is a bit unfair on that area you are moving too. In theory London has a higher risk so why risk taking that to another place?

I know it’s really tough for people in those areas but I would really recommend people to stay where they are; I’m not trying to get on top of anyone I genuinely feel it’s the right thing to do!

I agree, it's not really in the spirit of the thing. But I think everyone will be under the same restrictions soon anyway. We don't live that near anyone where we are but would be pointless to move to any other area as the people we love are spread all over the place anyway.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree, it's not really in the spirit of the thing. But I think everyone will be under the same restrictions soon anyway. We don't live that near anyone where we are but would be pointless to move to any other area as the people we love are spread all over the place anyway.

You’ve been doing everything incredibly well throughout all of this and I know how tough it’s been for you. I hope you and your partners will be ok!

Just now, Ozanne said:

You’ve been doing everything incredibly well throughout all of this and I know how tough it’s been for you. I hope you and your partners will be ok!

Thanks man. That's nice of you! Honestly we are just trying to do what's safe for seeing the people we care about. It's not easy for everyone in different ways.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

😂

Haha that's a look! 

On a more serious note, it's interesting what different approaches Sadiq and Burnham are taking to this despite both being Labour. One seems to be asking for more restrictions and the other resisting as much as possible. I suppose they are both requesting more financial support which is key.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Haha that's a look! 

On a more serious note, it's interesting what different approaches Sadiq and Burnham are taking to this despite both being Labour. One seems to be asking for more restrictions and the other resisting as much as possible. I suppose they are both requesting more financial support which is key.

I really like both but especially Sadiq Khan. I think Burnhams issue is funding, he wants more restrictions but thinks the funding on offer isn’t enough. 

Tier 2 in London in my eyes is worse than full lockdown. No mixing And destroying the economy but places like Manchester birmingham etc have shown tier 2 doesn’t get the numbers down.

I think it’s full circuit breaker or nothing. I don’t like this in between state where you aren’t allowed to do anything but the numbers aren’t coming down either.

• Upvote 1

What would this "circuit breaker" even look like anyway? Starmer's proposal doesn't involve closing schools, and most schools only have a week or so half term - I initially though the entire point was to run it over half term and extend that a bit to minimise disruption but still close the schools.

Will it just be "can't visit other houses" then? I can't see them closing hospitality nationwide after committing to actually supporting places forced to close financially now. 

I guess Boris just says "everywhere will be tier 2 for the next two weeks" and then doesn't have to call it a circuit breaker?

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Tier 2 in London in my eyes is worse than full lockdown. No mixing And destroying the economy but places like Manchester birmingham etc have shown tier 2 doesn’t get the numbers down.

I think it’s full circuit breaker or nothing. I don’t like this in between state where you aren’t allowed to do anything but the numbers aren’t coming down either.

totally agree absolutely no point in doing something that costs people but actually does nothing towards getting the numbers down and to me it seems like in that Tier we are just floating  with armbands with the air slowly leaking out whilst we cant actually swim ..... its inevitable so lets get the fuck on with it and save some lives 

• Like 1