When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I have absolutely zero intention of not seeing people outside my household if London goes in tier 2. 

Sorry but its utterly pointless and if I want to see the girl im dating, I will. 

Honestly go for it mate. If we can be in work all day and go to restaurants then no one can get mad at you.

I’m moving back to Colchester tomorrow, possibly for 6 months depending on restrictions. That’s another 4.5 grand to my landlord for an unused bedroom and addition to the 3k I paid him when I was in Essex for the first lockdown. 

34 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Tier 2 is a bit shit for the economy tbf. Hardly anyone would want to go to the pub with their own household. At least in tier 3 you get a juicy bailout from the government.

2/3 of your wage isn’t a juicy bailout if you live on the breadline 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I have absolutely zero intention of not seeing people outside my household if London goes in tier 2. 

Sorry but its utterly pointless and if I want to see the girl im dating, I will. 

And that’s exactly why the current measures of no mixing households haven’t been working for months now in a lot of places... because no one gives a damn about sticking to them.

Unenforceable rules rely on public compliance to get the numbers down, which we don’t have. The only other alternative to get the numbers down is to forcibly close businesses. 

At this point there’s no question about the fact that hospitality will have to close. To me it’s just a question of timings.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

And that’s exactly why the current measures of no mixing households haven’t been working for months now in a lot of places... because no one gives a damn about sticking to them.

Or alternatively because it isn't the main cause, simply the cheapest restriction to impose and a very easy scape goat for the government to direct the blame on to cover their failings in almost every other area. 

8 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Unenforceable rules rely on public compliance to get the numbers down, which we don’t have. The only other alternative to get the numbers down is to forcibly close businesses. 

At this point there’s no question about the fact that hospitality will have to close. To me it’s just a question of timings.

Or maybe the govt should put in a proper track and trace system? Id 100% follow a phonecall telling me to stay home. But if none of my contacts or me have symptoms, I don't see why I should have to suffer for the govt fuck ups

Edited by zahidf

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Apparently you can also top up your wages with universal credit but good luck getting those applications in with the massive backlogs right now

This is a myth. It's an automated system, there is no backlog with new claims. (There is however a massive backlog with ensuring people are on the correct elements/commitments etc. which is why the DWP are doing a mass recruit for work coaches) 

As somebody that works closely with the benefits system for a living (not DWP!) I can asure you the backlog on the old legacy (pre universal credit system) would have been much greater and left more people without access to benefits at the start of the pandemic. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Or maybe the govt should put in a proper track and trace system? Id 100% follow a phonecall telling me to stay home. But if none of my contacts or me have symptoms, I don't see why I should have to suffer for the govt fuck ups

We can hypothesise all we want about track and trace but it’s not even worth a debate. I don’t think they will ever fix it

7 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

We can hypothesise all we want about track and trace but it’s not even worth a debate. I don’t think they will ever fix it

Of course it's worth a discussion. We cant just lockdown like this all the time. We need to focus on fixing test or trace, or the next steps will just be no lockdowns and let her rip

6 hours ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Its all that cheese eating and surrendering

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

and smelling of garlic.

Really guys? How is this any different to the guy that made the scouser comments earlier? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Victoria managed to turn around their contact tracing performance in a month. 

Of course i acknowledge it's a lot easier to contact trace hundreds of cases and contacts than ten of thousands, which is why you need strategies to get your case count down first to be able to manage it, through good leaders willing to make hard decisions, which i think we all know is the real core of the problem. 

Edited by Gregfc15
posted too early

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Imagine if everyone in an area that’s about to be moved into a higher tier just moved to another part of the country. It would make any restrictions pointless and ensure the spread of the virus 🤷‍♂️

well, if they put Manchester in tier3 and close the pubs I'm going to go to the pub anyway, I don't care what they say, there is no way they are going to stop me going to the pub.