When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I remember seeing recently NI cases per 100k which looks bad, but should not be caveated that you’re a fairly small country anyway?

To an extent but there are a few areas in particular that I think are up there with the worst in the UK which is a bit worrying. In addition, these areas in question have had extra restrictions for quite some time now but haven't seen any great fall in cases.

Here's a thing

image.thumb.png.b850cf25fbdddbc1df4ff4b2858b78d5.png

Christian Martin is an Argentinian report for several news agencies (including, worryingly, Fox) but has a good track record on breaking stories. This is apparently the "Oxford" vaccine.

Sadly these days if I read that grass is green in a newspaper I look outside to check, make of it what you will.

1 minute ago, Rumblestripe said:

Here's a thing

Christian Martin is an Argentinian report for several news agencies (including, worryingly, Fox) but has a good track record on breaking stories. This is apparently the "Oxford" vaccine.

Sadly these days if I read that grass is green in a newspaper I look outside to check, make of it what you will.

That tweet is from October 2nd so you would think we would have heard similar news from other sources since then.

2 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Here's a thing

Sorry to rain on your parade but I think this was discussed a few pages back and turns out it was from over a month ago so possibly not accurate. I could be wrong though!

2 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Here's a thing

Was posted a bit before. Hope its true but seems optimistic.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

@Toilet Duck im thinking of an antibody test as im curious .... any recommendations on any that are Available to get done privately or buy ? or has anyone else been down this route ? 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A mate of mine used Superdrug.

Superdrug were, last I looked, £89.00. 
BUPA is cheaper at £65.00. 

* Other private health providers are available

42 minutes ago, northernringo said:

To an extent but there are a few areas in particular that I think are up there with the worst in the UK which is a bit worrying. In addition, these areas in question have had extra restrictions for quite some time now but haven't seen any great fall in cases.

Part of me wonders if that's because whether extra restrictions are put in or not people are just ignoring them. I know in our area you are not meant to have households mixing indoors but one of our neighbours had a baby and suddenly there were about 6 cars parked outside their house. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So he’s openly protecting economy/jobs over health at this stage then? Not sure how I feel about that. 
As somebody who lives in the LCC Tier 3 region, I’ve come to terms with it now on the basis it was done with people’s health first and foremost, as the spread was rapidly increasing. Surely that’s the way it should be in times of an imminent crisis?