When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Does Johnson fail to see that although there may be areas higher than others, it is a national upwards trend and not just regional? Living in Cambridge and sitting at the lowest current restrictions, it's still clear to see that our cases are trending dramatically upwards. Surely we should be raising restrictions as cases rise rather than when they already have?

I don’t know about anyone else but I think I saw a bit of panic in Johnson and his responses today. He was really aggressive and very quick to attack Labour instead of discussing the question at hand. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but I think the move by Labour yesterday has pushed him into a difficult position. 

I love how so incapable of diverging from the script Boris Johnson is, He has so many set answers for questions no matter if the answer is even related to the question. 

Even when Kier Starmer calls out his last answer rant, the government doesn't have the political libido to try and combat those accusations and just falls into the same last question waffle, because it was probably written by ee dom cummins the great poet

If it wasn’t all so tragic, it would be quite amusing that Johnson has sleazed his way to the top job that he’s desperately wanted for so long, only for him to the faced with this double edges shit show of a situation with COVID and Brexit. He looks like he would simply like to be anywhere else but in this job at the moment. He certainly isn’t giving the impression that it’s what he wants, and is striving to lead us out of this mess like some world leaders are. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Sturgeon aside, that looks very good going forwards for Stamer.

Still maintain the Tory gains made in Scotland only recent years weren't much to do with a warming to the party, it was down to the personality Ruth Davidson appealing to the centrist/centre right unionist vote. With her headed for the Lords I don't think a Starmer led Labour will have much of an issue prizing those voters back. Regardless of what the SNP do I'm pretty confident that Labour will be back as the 2nd biggest party before too long.

Just had a thought, based on nothing, but calling it now: Johnson to resign once a vaccine is approved, so he can end his terrible time in office 'on a high', although obviously a lot of us don't have short memories so will never forget the damage he's done, and he's actually had bugger all to do with the development of said vaccine. That way he maintains a positive image with his base, and avoids all of the economic fallout from the covid response, when the Tory base will likely turn on the leader, given the requirement for tax rises to pay for it all.

That's my guess anyway, based on absolutely nothing other than a personal hunch!

12 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Nice zinger from Ian Blackbelt there. “the prime minister’s next job could be on the backbenches, he just doesn’t know it yet”

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

“The Prime Minister’s next job could be on the backbenches he just doesn't know it yet" - says Ian Blackford to Boris Johnson.

Great stuff from Ian Blackford. 

Woo Hoo... you two agree on something 😀

• Upvote 1

This was also a great bit from Starmer:

“I know for someone who has been an opportunist all his life, this is difficult to understand. But having read and listened to SAGE advice, I have genuinely concluded that a circuit break is in the national interest.”

24 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I'm sorry, but this is a pipe dream.

"Close the borders" - Until when? Until covid is eradicated from the earth?

"Lockdown until cases are right down" - Do you mean until cases are 0? If so - no chance that works. If you don't mean 0 then you haven't got rid of it.

The UK attempting to eradicate covid completely was never an option.

Borders; if we got our rate down, then yes - until there’s no longer a threat of reinfection.  Borders can re-open to anyone, provided they are happy to spend the first 14 days of their stay in U.K. hotel quarantine.

Lockdown yes until cases are right down, until testing can be provided on demand to anyone who wants one, until app usage is much higher (buy people a phone if needs be!)

You’re right - it was never an option, it should have been. I don’t understand this system of reacting once things are bad. Get it gone! 

13 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Just had a thought, based on nothing, but calling it now: Johnson to resign once a vaccine is approved, so he can end his terrible time in office 'on a high', although obviously a lot of us don't have short memories so will never forget the damage he's done, and he's actually had bugger all to do with the development of said vaccine. That way he maintains a positive image with his base, and avoids all of the economic fallout from the covid response, when the Tory base will likely turn on the leader, given the requirement for tax rises to pay for it all.

That's my guess anyway, based on absolutely nothing other than a personal hunch!

he'll be left in post until the brexit shit hits the fan, then he'll be ousted with the blame for a shit brexit.