When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

None of us want any of this, you do understand that right? You had a go at me yesterday for supporting more restrictions and now you support more restrictions.

Are you Boris Johnson?

I don’t support new restrictions though. I just think that they probably should be imposed. I hope they’re not though. 

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

No I said that a circuit breaker *should* happen. Not that I want it to. 

Well, I don't want it either, I don't want any of it, I don't want to wear a fucking mask anymore, I want to go see my mum, I want to go to the pub and shout drunkenly into people's faces, I want to go to a packed concert, I want my kid to do things I was able to do at 15...

• Upvote 2

There should be uproar that this has been allowed to happen and is still happening. We could be out of this now, none of this had to be happening, the virus passes from one person to another, stop that for a few weeks and you stop the virus, we were probably so close back in summer and we’ve F**d it - really really isn’t hard.

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don’t support new restrictions though. I just think that they probably should be imposed. I hope they’re not though. 

You don’t support them but you think they should be brought in. That makes no sense at all. Just accept you’ve backtracked on your position from yesterday most likely because of Keir Starmer. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

None of us want any of this, you do understand that right? You had a go at me yesterday for supporting more restrictions and now you support more restrictions.

Are you Boris Johnson?

Lets just see if he stops posting at the same time as PMAQs. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

You don’t support them but you think they should be brought in. That makes no sense at all. Just accept you’ve backtracked on your position from yesterday most likely because of Keir Starmer. 

Your love of Starmer is a bit much mate..

Also just ignore the guy, he's clearly talking gibberish again for attention.

2 minutes ago, mikegday said:

There should be uproar that this has been allowed to happen and is still happening. We could be out of this now, none of this had to be happening, the virus passes from one person to another, stop that for a few weeks and you stop the virus, we were probably so close back in summer and we’ve F**d it - really really isn’t hard.

to be fair we're not the only country to be struggling with this. Only places able to get to zero covid are those with authoritarian governments, or islands with low populations.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Is it really that hard to understand that I can think something is best for society while personally hoping that it doesn’t happen? 

15 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Close the border for non-essential travel, enforce hotel quarantine on return, lockdown until cases are right down, enforce use of app.

The ship has only sailed because our weak politicians can’t stand up for what’s right. Other countries have done this better, other countries have controlled this virus and their populations are now back to normal, bar the above restrictions.

I'm sorry, but this is a pipe dream.

"Close the borders" - Until when? Until covid is eradicated from the earth?

"Lockdown until cases are right down" - Do you mean until cases are 0? If so - no chance that works. If you don't mean 0 then you haven't got rid of it.

The UK attempting to eradicate covid completely was never an option.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Is it really that hard to understand that I can think something is best for society while personally hoping that it doesn’t happen? 

That’s not what you said yesterday. We all don’t want it to happen but thinks it’s best. If you think it’s best for society for more restrictions then why did you have a go at me for supporting them yesterday? Stop going back and forth. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

That’s not what you said yesterday. We all don’t want it to happen but thinks it’s best. If you think it’s best for society for more restrictions then why did you have a go at me for supporting them yesterday? Stop going back and forth. 

I’m not going back and forth. I’ve been very clear that I don’t want new restrictions. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m not going back and forth. I’ve been very clear that I don’t want new restrictions. 

It's bizarre that you think everybody else does want them personally to be honest. Most people are discussing this issue in terms of what they think is best for society as a whole. They don't need to add the caveat "I personally don't want to not be able to see my family" as that's a given. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

No one WANTS restrictions but we can realise they would help get the virus under control. Which sounds like your current stance, so I’ll ask again why did you have a go at me yesterday when we have the stance?

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think that's a contradiction at all and I kind of agree with you. What we have now is a shit halfway house.

Yeah, I meant more of a contradiction in the sense that I believe they have gone to far fully closing pubs, gyms, leisure centres in Tier 3 zones, but at the same time would support them fully shutting everything down for a number of weeks. 
I think it is the ‘unknown’ that I can’t get on board with. A review every 4 weeks doesn’t seem to be very helpful for those business impacted and knowing if/when they should plan on getting back open. At least everybody knows where we stand with a 3 week lockdown for example.