When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You realise most of these people won’t be visiting their grandparents in the near future? 

How on earth have you made that assumption ? .... how about them living with parents that might be visiting them ? Or passing it to a bus driver 

Just now, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Because they are at university.  

Ah ok maybe not the grandparents directly then ... but other people they contact will be ... lecturers , shop staff . Taxi drivers ... that’s the problem ... it can’t just be contained to the people jumping up and down and enjoying themselves 

37 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

'Operation Moonshot': doubts over UK's Covid test ambitions after trial scaled back

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/13/operation-moonshot-doubts-over-uk-covid-saliva-tests-plan-after-trial-scaled-back

Spaffer talking bollocks? Who'd have thought it?

I think Marina Hyde nailed it just yesterday:-
I honestly can’t believe Boris Johnson has turned out to be a clinical procrastinator, a short-termist headline grabber, and a total chancer who only really responds to the need to do his job three minutes after deadline. If only there’d been some clue, you know?

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Nah they won’t be going anywhere other than uni and halls ... no trips out whatsoever now 

I think you're missing Fuzzy's point, people having fun is good and proper and poses no risk to anyone and if you disagree you don't care about anyone's mental health and really want a full on lockdown.

Schools however are the big problem and should be closed immediately as they offer nothing to young adults trying to have fun.  All of this is what's in the best interests of his pre-school niblings.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

I have no reason to share this other than it’s a comforting read. It may well be, and probably is, completely baseless.  

I want to know why they can inoculate 20% of people between regulatory approval in 30 days and Christmas (a 5-ish week period), but then in the 4 months between then and Easter they can only vaccinate a further 30%. Bullshit IMO but I’ll tag @Toilet Duck for his thoughts 

23 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I want to know why they can inoculate 20% of people between regulatory approval in 30 days and Christmas (a 5-ish week period), but then in the 4 months between then and Easter they can only vaccinate a further 30%. Bullshit IMO but I’ll tag @Toilet Duck for his thoughts 

I'm not certain but I think they've been pre-emptively mass manufacturing various vaccine over the past few months so if one is approved they have loads available? But once those are used up they can only provide as many as they can make in real time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeanoL said:

I'm not certain but I think they've been pre-emptively mass manufacturing various vaccine over the past few months so if one is approved they have loads available? But once those are used up they can only provide as many as they can make in real time.

Good point. The initial stocks should be more than 20% hopefully though. Best thing our government has done in this pandemic is stockpile millions of the main vaccine candidates. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Good point. The initial stocks should be more than 20% hopefully though. 

Unless the UK has priority access to any of the leading candidates (which it might, I'm not sure) there's only going to be enough pre-made of those candidates by the end of the year to vaccine 3% of the population.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Does N Ireland have something different to GCSEs and A levels, like Scotland? What are they doing about these exams...?

No - we have GCSE’s and A levels same as you

Daughter has just started her GCSE’s