When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

25 minutes ago, st dan said:

But it’s the risk vs reward for people on this point - and for that it is down to personal choice.
For example if I wanted to see my parents and we all fully understood the associated risks of doing so - that I could pass onto them and vice versa - then transmission is a potential consequence of meeting up. But that is counter balanced with being able to see each other and them see their grandchild etc. 
Personally I would rather that than be coughed on my a random stranger on a bus/train or in the supermarket. 

Yes but on the opposite side of that people meeting friends and family are at a far greater risk. You are less likely to catch it from just walking near someone than sitting and chatting to them. In someone's house you also have to factor all the things you both touch as well as the fact that you are talking directly to each other.

I just know so many people who have vociferously complained about large gatherings like protests who have then posted pictures and video of themselves with friends and family where it is obvious that they are not adhering to social distancing and you are right it is their choice. However for me personally I am missing gigs more than any of my family (we're not close) I'm happy to stay in contact with my friends online etc as a lot of them live far away so even in normal times we're lucky to meet up a couple of times a year but other people's personal choices are impacting my ability to get back to doing the things I love and bring me sanity. In normal times I am about a 3 gigs a month person and I am missing out on that because other people jeopardise the NHS by making their personal choices. 

Also as mask wearing is mandatory in Supermarkets and public transport apart from those who are medically vulnerable you are not likely to be coughed on in those locations. 

26 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I can want schools closed without wanting lockdown. 

14 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don’t think they should actually close the schools btw.

Must be my mistake I thought you wanted school to close when you said close the schools.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I would like for them to be closed for the sake of my own nieces and nephews. I don’t think they should be closed. 

You just said they should be closed to bring down the R rate like 3 posts ago 😅

Sometimes think you're a really dedicated troll and sometimes I just think you're a complete moron. Hard to tell with this one!

21 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Yeah i know it has a run of eah setting, very much like a theatre run. 

IM NOT TRYING TO SAY SECRET CINEMA IS BAD, just that I and many other don't see it as deserving as the highest amounts of funding when so many other places have been forced to shut. It's up there with large promoters, company responsible for tons of events and artists. 

It's great fun and yes provides employments for loads, (except the reported slew of unpaid volunteer actors) just sad that so much help has been given to something that is based on existing IP and fan culture, feels like more akin to a themepark than an arts funding recipient, - Though I concede seems to be popular on here for sommmmmme reason

Yeah it’s seems popular here! I guess if you like immersive experiences like Boomtown, Shangri-la, Block 9 etc you’d get some enjoyment from SC. 

I guess we all think the arts we like and the venues we go to deserve the funding.  

I don’t think operas or musicals should get any funding (joke) 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Even though you think it would be a bad idea if they did?

I can’t be the only one getting confused about this. 

It’s just so he can see his partner. That’s all. Keeping the R down avoids a lockdown as such he now thinks schools should close based on those SAGE minutes. 

Edited by Ozanne

I work within a school and they absolutely need to be there, we did provide lessons during lockdown for them but the learning inequality is clearly there between those who did and didn’t do the work, within the school environment  they receive the same learning and any additional support should they need it. I guess a slight compromise could be letting thr higher years of high school do remote learning but primary and infant children absolutely need to be there. I seem to remember them suggesting other things closing down to allow schools to open properly so it’s far more likely they’ll go with them first before schools

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

I work within a school and they absolutely need to be there, we did provide lessons during lockdown for them but the learning inequality is clearly there between those who did and didn’t do the work, within the school environment  they receive the same learning and any additional support should they need it. I guess a slight compromise could be letting thr higher years of high school do remote learning but primary and infant children absolutely need to be there. I seem to remember them suggesting other things closing down to allow schools to open properly so it’s far more likely they’ll go with them first before schools

I was speaking to a friend on Sunday who’s a teacher and they said one area that they didn’t think about that has slipped for the kids is behaviours. Have you seen much of that?

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah it’s seems popular here! I guess if you like immersive experiences like Boomtown, Shangri-la, Block 9 etc you’d get some enjoyment from SC. 

I guess we all think the arts we like and the venues we go to deserve the funding.  

I don’t think operas or musicals should get any funding (joke) 

yeah i can more or less agree. i don't think boomtown should get 1 mil like secret cinema did , but was just pointing out why secret cinema stuck out as weird to others and myself.  - Though I don't run this stuff, so maybe secret cinema was just a massive hit for local jobs