When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

STARTING to dislike him? He's a Tory, therefore he's also a c**t! Always has been, always will be!

Haha yeah of course! I was trying be a bit more diplomatic as I’ve had someone criticise me on here for ‘bullying’ the PM before 😂

Very weird anomalies in the guidance for non cohabiting couples now.

They are not exempt from the bans on gatherings, but are exempt from social distancing guidance.

This means that:

In tier 1 areas you can meet up with up to 5 other people indoors or outdoors at 2m physical distance. If one of the people is your partner (or lives with you), you don’t need to distance from that person 

In tier 2 areas you cannot meet your partner indoors but you can meet them outdoors without social distancing. Welcome to dogging season.

In tier 3 areas you cannot meet your partner socially indoors or outdoors however if you happen to work together in a covid-secure workplace, you do not need to social distance from each other. This means that it would be legally possible to have sex with your partner in the staff toilets, but you may be sacked from gross misconduct if you do. 

24 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I think what people don't get is that those of us pushing for more restrictions are doing so *because we want to be able to go out again*. We want to be able to go to pubs, theatres and gigs but while there's a deadly disease going around outside, we don't fancy taking our chances. If they opened everything up today, we wouldn't go out. Probably not for a couple of years, to be honest. Or at least until we could actually get the vaccine.

Whereas if we can lockdown shorter term, keep things under control, and get a vaccine out to the vulnerable, then we'll likely feel like its safe to go out much earlier.

So all this quality of life, mental health, lets get back to gigs and pubs and stuff people are arguing for.... they're arguing it for themselves. If lockdown was lifted I would personally end up locked down, not doing any of this stuff, for longer. Yes, that would be my choice. But there are loads of people like me. I know there are. But the problem is, you don't see them. Because they're staying in. So by definition you will not see them. How do I know?

Because the pubs aren't full.

Pubs are at 50% capacity and you can still get a table. In pubs that are usually rammed. Where is the demand? Where are the stories about people queuing up outside of pubs to get in? Where are the complaints that everywhere is booked up? There aren't any. At the 50%-ish capacity pubs have been able to open at, they can cope with demand. That demand won't magically go up if the flood gates open and they can go to 100% capacity. If anything, demand will drop because those who feel the current pub model is "safe" may not feel the same way about them opening up 100% again.

This is the problem. You need people like us, the people staying in at the moment, to make these businesses viable. Because they represent a very large portion of their regular customers. You need to figure out how to get us on side because if you can't it doesn't matter what the government restrictions are. We're staying in until the numbers go down, so that's what we really need to focus on - getting the infection rate down again.

5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Genuine question - Who votes in these polls? How widely available are they? I've never seen nor do I know how to vote in them.

Same goes with the political opinion polls you link in to here?

(this isn't a jab at you by the way, genuinely intrigued)

5 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I do. 

You can just sign up. They send you surveys which you earn points for (often 25 or 50) and you get paid £50 when you get to 5,000.

The results you hear about are often from daily questions that anyone signed up can answer. 

They then weight the results based on demographics like age and politics to make it representative of the wider population. 

One of the founders of YouGov Nadim Zahawi, who is Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Industry in boris's government. I did sign up a while ago, but found I was being bombarded with numerous apparently useless surveys. 

13 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Secret cinema isn't once a year. They do lots of stuff. Maybe look it up?

Yeah my info on secret cinema was from when they first started i should have looked further into it. 

Though my point still stands about an immersive art cinema with tickets starting at the 50 quid mark, get's a ton of funding, one of the biggest awarded funds, when it is clearly geared towards a middle class audience who can afford theatre and stuff like this. - For the record I love secret cinema when i went to the back to the future one a few years ago now and understand it's the parent company getting the money, just don't understand why the are deserving of one of the highest amounts of funding, it's not one of the biggest cultural touchstones in the industry, it's a cool gimmick, but I'm not the only one pointing out the weird nature of secret co. getting almost a million when indy cinemas have forced to close all over the country, due to not being award funding. 

https://twitter.com/20thcenturymarc/status/1316011383993954306?s=20

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Close the bloody schools already 

443A0106-1A19-419C-8D49-6E2A4E764165.jpeg

Just goes to show how utterly pathetic the decision to close gyms/leisure centres really is. If they aren’t listening to Sage’s recommendations on things like this are they just making it up instead then? 

On 9/26/2020 at 7:21 AM, steviewevie said:

dogging?

19 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

In tier 2 areas you cannot meet your partner indoors but you can meet them outdoors without social distancing. Welcome to dogging season.

Steviewevie predicted this last month!

31 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Secret cinema isn't once a year. They do lots of stuff. Maybe look it up?

Also just looked it up at most they've been putting on two events in a year. What am I missing?. nightclubs, venues, cinemas all shutting due to no funding, yet a glorified themed bar that charges 60 quid and doesn't pay some of its employees is receiving 1M in funding. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Surely that’s the right thing, keep schools open as long as possible for the sake of children’s education.

I think they'll claim that's the reason but I think it's more to do with making sure parents are able to work.  Especially now grandparents can't be relied on for chidcare.

19 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Vast majority comfortable visiting people’s houses

Hmm........

This is the phenomenon that I mentioned yesterday where people are suspicious of strangers but not friends even though all evidence shows that you are more likely to have something bad happen to you at the hands of someone you know rather than a stranger. 

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

Also just looked it up at most they've been putting on two events in a year. What am I missing?. nightclubs, venues, cinemas all shutting due to no funding, yet a glorified themed bar that charges 60 quid and doesn't pay some of its employees is receiving 1M in funding. 

Happy to stand corrected. That does sound like it's out of step in that case. All I can think of is maybe the amount they splurge on sets, props, costumes, location, insurance shows up as more excessive in their accounts than other venues might have in a fixed location. 

My first take was that you hadn't heard of it. I've done a few including BTTF which was really good.