When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I hate going in to work some days, but fuck me that puts it into perspective. Does she get much support?

Well people clapped for a few weeks and they got loads of free chips and pizzas donated. Not very practical when you're clad in PPE in an infectious environment for 13hrs a day. Add to this the constant pressure to do more shifts due to absences through holidays, illness and colleagues being reassigned away from the front line to shield....

In a nutshell........BUGGER ALL

5 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

This virus is going to run absolutely rampant across the UK over the next few months, isn't it?!? 

A large proportion of the population have chucked it (with regards to compliance) and I therefore doubt even tier 3 restrictions can bring the spread down to a reasonable level. 

Save from another March lockdown, we are just going to have to live with high levels of circulation for at least the winter. 

Happy fucking Monday!

The first lockdown was pretty well received, people felt it was their duty to respect it.  The problem is now is they’ve let people now have freedom and taking it back is ridiculously hard for lots to understand.  People are already mentally broken by losing work, family access, holidays etc.. over the past 7 months and in all honesty are no doubt fed up with no end in sight and with this sh*t show of a government in charge.

they're all in it to line their pockets (guaranteed the weatherspoons decision wasn’t made without some input!).

I’m a key worker, Ive stuck to the rules, I’ve cancelled holidays and basically I’m fed up.  I’m currently veering into the protect the vulnerable camp,  keep masks as mandatory and Make the track and trace app law to get into shops, pubs, restaurants etc... and let the world return to some sort of normality. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

As somebody who lives in the ‘Liverpool City Region’ (although I technically don’t really but that’s for another day), I’m angry that we are being grouped in with the Tier 3 restrictions even though we are in the 300’s per 100k. Granted it’s still too high and action is taken, but if Manchester is avoiding it for now with much higher figures then I don’t really see how it fair? There are going to be many instances of this as we move forward - with the dominant cities impacting the surrounding towns. 

I don't know whether this is what they're doing or not, but there's a case to be made that context should be applied to the numbers before making any decisions.

For example in Nottingham we currently have the highest rate in the country on the face of it, but when you drill down a bit the cases are largely amongst the large and relatively low risk student population who are away from home and fairly self contained so mostly are not interacting much with parents, elderly relatives etc. Even interaction with staff members is heavily reduced and distanced. As a result, the high numbers aren't as big of a concern as they would be if evenly spread across the community.

I don't know much about the difference between Liverpool and Manchester in this case, but it could be something along those lines? Or I might just be giving them far more credit than they deserve.

19 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

This virus is going to run absolutely rampant across the UK over the next few months, isn't it?!? 

A large proportion of the population have chucked it (with regards to compliance) and I therefore doubt even tier 3 restrictions can bring the spread down to a reasonable level. 

Save from another March lockdown, we are just going to have to live with high levels of circulation for at least the winter. 

Happy fucking Monday!

Even a full lockdown may not work given that compliance will be dramatically down 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

London in tier1 but could move to tier2 soon.

At this stage, I’m sure they will just adjust the threshold figures to keep London in Tier 1 for as long as they want it to be. I will be extremely shocked if it enters Tier 3 at any stage, no matter how bad it gets.   

Just now, st dan said:

At this stage, I’m sure they will just adjust the threshold figures to keep London in Tier 1 for as long as they want it to be. I will be extremely shocked if it enters Tier 3 at any stage, no matter how bad it gets.   

Putting London in tier 2 would prevent the MPs going round each other’s flats and sniffing coke together so that will probably be protected 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I thought Rishi was denying that he said people in the Arts should retrain.  

Turns out that’s what the bastards were planning all along. 

B8CCD4FE-10D3-43A3-9CD6-1676612A888F.jpeg

10 minutes ago, incident said:

I don't know whether this is what they're doing or not, but there's a case to be made that context should be applied to the numbers before making any decisions.

For example in Nottingham we currently have the highest rate in the country on the face of it, but when you drill down a bit the cases are largely amongst the large and relatively low risk student population who are away from home and fairly self contained so mostly are not interacting much with parents, elderly relatives etc. Even interaction with staff members is heavily reduced and distanced. As a result, the high numbers aren't as big of a concern as they would be if evenly spread across the community.

I don't know much about the difference between Liverpool and Manchester in this case, but it could be something along those lines? Or I might just be giving them far more credit than they deserve.

Yep that would make sense, and you’re right that there really does need to be context behind the decisions. If they can’t provide any, then people will quite rightly feel like they are being unfairly treated. Hoping some clarity will be provided by our supreme leader shortly - but I’m just expending a lot of fist pumping with patriotic rhetoric thrown in there and not much else.