When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

57 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yup, this.  As I've pointed out to a few people, the virus doesn't give two shits that we're related!

It must be something that's imprinted in us though because it's the same with sexual assault and murder. It's more likely to be someone you know yet people seem to always think they should be most scared if they meet a stranger. It's quite fascinating really. I've even seen people posting photos proving they are a metre apart by stretching their hands out and holding hands 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

This is something that also bugs me- all those people out clapping the nhs and saying how heroic the people that work for the NHS are, seem to be suddenly switching to completely throwing them under the bus. 

March was hellish for a lot of nhs staff, the thought of inflicting something even worse on them indefinitely because we found a few months of lockdown too hard doesn't strike me as fair

It's been hellish for all the NHS front line every day since March; it's just the varying degrees. Mrs L is sick of all the deaths and wearing PPE all the time. So much so she can't sleep before a shift due to worry of what she will be facing. Take last week for instance, she was presented with a 40 something covid admission at 3 who was wheeled out to the morgue at 7 😢

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Sadiq Khan has been a total disgrace recently. I am tempted to draw a cock and balls on my ballot sheet for London mayor. 

Not necessarily disagreeing with  you (though I probably am as I like Sadiq) can you give me some examples of the decisions you are unhappy with?

Genuine question.

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

better than cancelling tbh

no it isn't. Just do same as last year where have teacher assessed and coursework based results. If more students getting better marks then normal so be it...these year groups have had enough shit as it is.

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

no it isn't. Just do same as last year where have teacher assessed and coursework. If more getting good marks then normal so be it...these year groups have had enough shit as it is.

Oh i 100% agree they should do more teacher assessment. If they are going to do exams no matter what next year, then an extra 3 weeks is reasonable. 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

no it isn't. Just do same as last year where have teacher assessed and coursework. If more getting good marks then normal so be it...these year groups have had enough shit as it is.

But this year they punished the poor grubby non Tories getting good grades by sending them to accommodation prisons. - So next year they have to do real tests, where rich tories with laptops and paid for homeschool will battle against kids with full time working parents and a half drunk teacher giving zoom lectures to see who might come out with better grades 

Edited by ace56blaa

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

The horrid week of Halloween into Bonfire Night looks like it’s going to effectively be cancelled - that is the biggest plus point for me since all this began!

i dont expect it'll stop the idiots setting off fireworks tho 🙄😠

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Oh i 100% agree they should do more teacher assessment. If they are going to do exams no matter what next year, then an extra 3 weeks is reasonable. 

Loads of kids in certain parts of the country still having to stay home and do the home schooling, and with all the good will in the world it just isn't the same. My kid is doing GCSES next summer and she has been home the last two weeks. Last term she probably had 3 days in school, the rest was working through slides and work sheets, and it got very hard for her to stay motivated and she's a very self motivated kid. I imagine a lot of kids did very little work at all, especially those from poorer and more chaotic backgrounds. They will never be able to catch up on all that in 3 weeks.

12 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Not necessarily disagreeing with  you (though I probably am as I like Sadiq) can you give me some examples of the decisions you are unhappy with?

Genuine question.

He won’t shut up about more restrictions despite the fact that the data shows we are massively outperforming the North right now. 

7 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

i dont expect it'll stop the idiots setting off fireworks tho 🙄😠

If it stops them selling plastic cups half-full of warm watered down cheap shit red wine with a scrag end of orange peel that looks like its already been eaten, as Mulled Wine for £3 a pop I'm all for it

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you are kidding?!

I would embed the tweet (although don't know how to!) From Guardian north of England correspondent Josh Halliday: New: I'm told that 'food-based pubs' such as Wetherspoons will be allowed to stay open in Merseyside while pubs and bars that don't "substantially" serve food will have to close later this week.

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

I would embed the tweet (although don't know how to!) From Guardian north of England correspondent Josh Halliday: New: I'm told that 'food-based pubs' such as Wetherspoons will be allowed to stay open in Merseyside while pubs and bars that don't "substantially" serve food will have to close later this week.

Same as Ireland isnt it? supposed to stop excessive drinking ( in theory)

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

You just click on tweet, then copy and paste in url....like so.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

omg this is a nightmare. what is actually going to change today?

Aside from just grinding any pub that didn't have the foresight to serve pub lunch into financial dust.

This is ridiculous. We need to stop the rate of infection now, we need to curb it instantly in places like Merseyside, Liverpool, Manchester. But obviously when given the choice local MPs will opt to close as little as possible, but what is closing a few pubs and suggesting people dont travel gonna do. It sure ain't gonna 

and that's the most severe tier. It is so clear the government will do anything to avoid having to give more financial support. But all this time last week and this week has now been wasted. Even though everyone expert is calling it a crucial turning point. 

Yet again we've been given umbrellas to stop a hurricane.