When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I still don’t understand why they’re only deciding this now- why didn’t they plan this months ago? Cummings is meant to be big into future forecasting, but he can’t even see a few weeks into the future with an easily predicted outcome.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Donation to charity? You're on.

We might have to wait a while to find out though. I'm sure he'll try to contest it.

I will concede if he remains president, even if he's clearly "lost" and stolen it with the courts or other shenanigans.

The loser has to wear Trumps orange fake tan for the next 4 years

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We might have to wait a while to find out though. I'm sure he'll try to contest it.

I will concede if he remains president, even if he's clearly "lost" and stolen it with the courts or other shenanigans.

I’ve got a bet with @Matt42 it was a glastonbury pint ... but a charity donation would be more reasonable I think :) 

If they’re locking everything down again, then they really need to allow people to see their parents/kids in the setting of their own homes, if we are low risk and comfortable in doing so.
Rather selfishly I don’t actually care too much about the other restrictions, I can live with them for 6 more months  - I just want to be able to see my parents, and for them to be able to see their young grandchild grow up. It’s actually scandalous that we don’t have the right to choose ourselves if we wish to take the risk. 

Edited by st dan

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If the election result is by the margins stated above then he wouldn't be able to contest it really.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If the election result is by the margins stated above then he wouldn't be able to contest it really.

Thats why it needs to end up that way. If its razor thing in some spots thats all they want to say fraud. Already foul play in California where a fake ballot drop box emerged  and who knows how many ballots mightve been placed inside before it was removed. 

So the Tories are trying to recreate the early 80s then.

Mass Unemployment that will take generations to recover from, if we ever do.

Determined effort to destroy some Northern Cities.

Riding roughshod over local Government.

And soon, riots on the streets of Liverpool.

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

If they’re locking everything down again, then they really need to allow people to see their parents/kids in the setting of their own homes, if we are low risk and comfortable in doing so.
Rather selfishly I don’t actually care too much about the other restrictions, I can live with them for 6 more months  - I just want to be able to see my parents, and for them to be able to see their young grandchild grow up. It’s actually scandalous that we don’t have the right to choose ourselves if we wish to take the risk. 

The complication is, it doesn’t just effect the person taking the risk though, as they can then go on to infect others and will take up a bed if they need hospitalisation.

I don’t get why they were so strict with meeting friends and family though- why not just allow them to meet in gardens, or while one stays in the car, or meet out on the street with a big enough distance, it’s not the same, but it would help make it a bit easier. Instead if feels like they’ve wasted a few months where people could have had more contact with minimal risk, and now are looking at telling them not to meet up for what will be over 6 months. Maddening.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

The complication is, it doesn’t just effect the person taking the risk though, as they can then go on to infect others and will take up a bed if they need hospitalisation.

I don’t get why they were so strict with meeting friends and family though- why not just allow them to meet in gardens, or while one stays in the car, or meet out on the street with a big enough distance, it’s not the same, but it would help make it a bit easier. Instead if feels like they’ve wasted a few months where people could have had more contact with minimal risk, and now are looking at telling them not to meet up for what will be over 6 months. Maddening.

Virus is spreading in various places...pubs, schools, workplaces, and households. They need to try and limit this...so where put in the restrictions?

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Virus is spreading in various places...pubs, schools, workplaces, and households. They need to try and limit this...so where put in the restrictions?

I get not allowing people to meet inside their house, I just don’t see the harm in stuff like one person staying in the car with the window slightly open while the other family member stands well back and chats or waves or whatever- just to break up the exile for a bit.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Obviously not restaurants though... As they might be staying open. Despite having same rules as pubs. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

We have a briefing tomorrow?

Boris and the scientists or just the experts to feed the Daily Heil’s doomsday agenda?

JVT in the morning to go over the data (like the Whitty/Vallance one a few weeks back)

Boris in the commons 3:30

Then Boris with Sunak and Whitty in a briefing at night 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

JVT in the morning to go over the data (like the Whitty/Vallance one a few weeks back)

Boris in the commons 3:30

Then Boris with Sunak and Whitty in a briefing at night 

Boris and Sunak and Whitty in one of three things in one day. Man tomorrow is gonna be serious.