When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Very small. They'll have a few restrictions but its a lot less bad than the North

I’m surprised the numbers are a lot lower. My experience yesterday is everything is so busy here, no one wears masks indoors etc. And clubs are still open in soho etc although only until 10pm. 

I feel like the numbers in London will start to explode but maybe there’s more immunity or something from the first wave.

10 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

Fuck me, I do hate that prick (Hancock not Fuzzy). Im also slightly pissed off that they have a smoking room if I'm honest.

In the interests of fairness, it's just a name. You can't smoke in the bar. You can on the terrace though (great view but a bit cold) and a couple of other designated outdoor sites, as per other buildings.

• Upvote 1

It's a sign of how much, or how little, this government is willing to face up to this situation that they send Robert Jenrick to do the morning news appearances.  

Good luck making this new lockdown stick.  People are losing livelihoods, not because of a virus, but because of government incompetence.   All the while they line their cronies' pockets.  I don't know anyone who isn't furious about it, even my Tory voting parents.

What an absolute shit show.

Mail on Sunday are suggesting groups of 12 will be allowed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day providing cases are low enough, I think they're really going to push for this angle as a 'save Christmas' manoeuvre - I could see something similar being implemented for New Years too as if bars have to shut by 10 then people will naturally just take the party home in bigger groups 

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Mail on Sunday are suggesting groups of 12 will be allowed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day providing cases are low enough, I think they're really going to push for this angle as a 'save Christmas' manoeuvre - I could see something similar being implemented for New Years too as if bars have to shut by 10 then people will naturally just take the party home in bigger groups 

So anywhere not in the red zone will be allowed to celebrate normally. 

The 10pm rule will be getting abandoned shortly as well. 

I predict a huge North/South divide coming. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Undoubtedly, especially if they put the travel restrictions in place for hot spot areas. Not only that but there will be even bigger parliamentary divides too with different constituencies facing different restrictions 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t ... within a few weeks the way our numbers are going we will be in the red too ... unless the parameters  get changed 

1 hour ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/devi-sridhar-lockdowns-are-not-answer-2999384

Shame what is outlined in this article is both practically and politically impossible in the UK now. 

The mess our government have made of this should never be forgotten 

Agreed. Been following Srdhar for a long time as she has the Government’s ear up here and seems very clever. However what she’s pitching might have worked back in March but that ship has sailed. It’s a strictly Public Health orientated Academic viewpoint when a bigger picture approach is needed. The Government has ruined it basically, and sadly we now need to cut our cloth accordingly.

29 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I can’t help but think this is the wrong course of action. As leaders the Gov should be preparing the country for a different Christmas just for this year in a bid to prevent infections being spread around families and larger gatherings. It’s just 1 year surely we can all have a smaller Christmas as we are in a pandemic?

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I can’t help but think this is the wrong course of action. As leaders the Gov should be preparing the country for a different Christmas just for this year in a bid to prevent infections being spread around families and larger gatherings. It’s just 1 year surely we can all have a smaller Christmas as we are in a pandemic?

I’ve already prepared for telling myself a shit Christmas cracker joke ... just haven’t quite mastered my fake laugh to myself 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve already prepared for telling myself a shit Christmas cracker joke ... just haven’t quite mastered my fake laugh to myself 

My lad asked the other day if we would have to leave hand sanitizer out for santa this year - he's lucky in as much as we have both kept out jobs in fact we have both started new jobs during lock down this year so his Christmas will not be as nice as normal, but it's going to be a damn sight better than a lot of childrens will be. 

It's the run up to Xmas rather than Xmas itself that I'm most going to notice the changes, it's a time of year I see old friends and old co workers etc...

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

My lad asked the other day if we would have to leave hand sanitizer out for santa this year - he's lucky in as much as we have both kept out jobs in fact we have both started new jobs during lock down this year so his Christmas will not be as nice as normal, but it's going to be a damn sight better than a lot of childrens will be. 

It's the run up to Xmas rather than Xmas itself that I'm most going to notice the changes, it's a time of year I see old friends and old co workers etc...

Yep for me it’s just me and I’m not bothered by it ... just a lot of hassle grief and miserable customers because the pigs in blankets that have been on the shelves for weeks happen to have been required by everyone else on xmas eve eve and have miraculously sold out .... but for those with kids It’s a magical time of year and I can’t begrudge people having fun ... I do think people should and hopefully will take some precautions around the elderly and vulnerable though ... not sure how that can work in certain circumstances though my parents don’t care as long as they see the grandchildren ... which I obviously want to happen ... but for the sake of a few hours on one day of the year ... which is commercial and religious anyway and my family are most certainly not ... is it actually worth risking lives over ?! Whatever the chances may be .... I’ll b staying away but that’s a choice unfortunately my brother will need to make ... fucking divisive pandemic 😷 

59 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Have they said why is Xmas Eve and Xmas Day rather than Xmas day and Boxing Day?