When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

MY neice aged 11  also coped far better ...although the lack of interaction with other kids might have been an issue the longer things went on ....  

My 6-year-old was OK at first but that lack of interaction was pickling his head by July. The 3-year-old was so happy about going back to Nursery we had to try not to take it personally 😉

Older than though my Cousin is seriously worried about her 22-year-old Son. He’s retreated into himself. My friend says his two teenage sons were a nightmare and now just aren’t really paying much attention to any of the rules.

Anecdotal experiences aside though, this is a serious issue. 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so, northern leaders/mayors saying financial support for upcoming lockdowns not enough...that mean they going to tell public/businesses to ignore them? Could get messy...

They have to be so careful - if we are indeed very close to overwhelmed hospitals this could easily be spun by the government as "WE'RE trying to save your lives but THEY just care about money" (I know it's the people's money but it doesn't seem too hard to convince large amounts of people to not worry about their own financial situation considering what they pulled off in 2016 and last election....

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They have to be so careful - if we are indeed very close to overwhelmed hospitals this could easily be spun by the government as "WE'RE trying to save your lives but THEY just care about money" (I know it's the people's money but it doesn't seem too hard to convince large amounts of people to not worry about their own financial situation considering what they pulled off in 2016 and last election....

it's a bit similar to what happened in Madrid recently...? Except there you have a left wing govt trying to impose restrictions and a right wing local govt opposing them.

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I don't believe it, the Tories wouldn't that advantage of something like this for their gains....

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so, northern leaders/mayors saying financial support for upcoming lockdowns not enough...that mean they going to tell public/businesses to ignore them? Could get messy...

The same leaders that’ll be whinging about their areas being hardest hit by the forthcoming ‘ austerity on steroids’ due to the ever rising costs of lockdown. Rising costs that they would like to increase even further. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BobWillis said:

The same leaders that’ll be whinging about their areas being hardest hit by the forthcoming ‘ austerity on steroids’ due to the ever rising costs of lockdown. Rising costs that they would like to increase even further. 

doesn't need to be austerity on steroids...borrowing is cheap....but if we are to have a big state economy which looks like what tories want we will all have to pay more taxes in the future.

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

I know how u feel. Since reopening, the hotel where I work has made half the staff redundant sadly. Which means we are all working much longer shifts and 6 day weeks. Its busier than ever too for some reason, so its very tiring at the moment. I'm in Cornwall where there are lots of cases but not anything like the same scale as NW etc so we won't be closing anytime soon although I can see it happening in the next few weeks.

I hear you. I'm dreading half term. Gonna be a nightmare. 140/100k cases here and climbing quite quickly

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Are you worried about the hit on finances?

It's not gonna be great but, thanks to poor decisions and dickheads, i've spent the past few years being close to poverty, so i'm kinda used to it now. I'll have enough to get by, and there's not really many luxuries I need to get. Already got most of my festival tickets for next year, and I've got plenty of games, books, films etc to last me

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

I know how u feel. Since reopening, the hotel where I work has made half the staff redundant sadly. Which means we are all working much longer shifts and 6 day weeks. Its busier than ever too for some reason, so its very tiring at the moment. I'm in Cornwall where there are lots of cases but not anything like the same scale as NW etc so we won't be closing anytime soon although I can see it happening in the next few weeks.

Honestly working in hospitality is  just the worst because of these constant changes.  I thought maybe the changes would make things easier, but it's still so busy and everybody's ignoring the rules.  Obviously it's not as bad as those who have lost their jobs and those in hospitals, but it's still shit.

35 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

5050.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=2b719a73b7bb368574fa2acac63a6e1a

If you’re wondering why the crowds are less white than the president’s usual events, it’s because it has partly been organised by conservative activist Candace Owens who is behind Blexit, a campaign to get Black voters to leave the Democratic party. There are reports that some of the attendees have been paid to travel to the event.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/oct/10/trump-coronavirus-live-white-house-event-debate-biden-latest-updates

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

If you’re wondering why the crowds are less white than the president’s usual events, it’s because it has partly been organised by conservative activist Candace Owens who is behind Blexit, a campaign to get Black voters to leave the Democratic party. There are reports that some of the attendees have been paid to travel to the event.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/oct/10/trump-coronavirus-live-white-house-event-debate-biden-latest-updates

yeah, they don't look like the usual redneck maga trumpsters.