When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

39 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

And the government knows this is a possibility but has to manage it carefully - there would be riots if they actually said social distancing could be with us for a long time .

Not sure why this seems such a surprise. A great deal of the planning has always been based on a loose timescale of an initial two years. All the information has always been there, it's just that many don't want to believe/accept it and categorise those pointing it out as doomers or pessimists. But you are right in that statement -  the government are spinning it because they are terrified of the implications and have to drip feed bad news to minimise any public reaction..

Edited by Copperface

The virus has killed people who aren't "extremely vulnerable" kids have died, adults have died, yes it's mostly affecting the aged population, Healthcare workers in their 20s have died from coronavirus. People with none lethal ailments like diabetes have died. Why are we equating any death as more tragic than another, especially when simply following the rules and a actually competent plan from the government could have prevented another lockdown. When we are looking at 40,000 U.K deaths and rising, not to mention the affects of those losses on families and friends. 

People are dying due to government incompetence.  

28 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

All for a virus that kills less than 6% of the extremely vulnerable. 

Heart breaking, society has failed that poor soul. 

Society has failed him, the lack of decent mental health care in this country. The lack of financial support or lack of willingness for our government to give any indication of a bright future for our generation. 

Young people will not forgot what has been done to them, they will also not forgive the government if they let thousands more die, to open up an economy, when simply opening is a plan that hasn't worked anyway and just leads to more civil unrest and concern and death

Stop treating this tragedy as a justification for your point, especially when you have no idea what that poor soul was going through. why do people like to use 6 percent or less than 1 percent when trying to make the virus seem not bad. because it's a hell of a lot less intimidating then saying 40,000 people and that's not counting anyone suffering due to long term symptom. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

The police are saying it isn't suspicious so it will be suicide. 

Deaths in student halls are actually far more common then you'd think. i.e. it's not 0 and happens every year.

ok, so if suicide, we don't know if anything to do with covid19 or lockdown as yet...and we may never know?

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I know it's a bit selfish, but I honestly can't wait for the pubs to shut again. It's damn stressful working there and I'll probably enjoy it more than the previous lockdown because it's autumn/winter this time

I know how u feel. Since reopening, the hotel where I work has made half the staff redundant sadly. Which means we are all working much longer shifts and 6 day weeks. Its busier than ever too for some reason, so its very tiring at the moment. I'm in Cornwall where there are lots of cases but not anything like the same scale as NW etc so we won't be closing anytime soon although I can see it happening in the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Can't say that article fill me with confidence that this ends anytime soon - between older people potentially not mounting immune responses and the vaccine perhaps having similar success rates to flu, it doesn't sound promising. Really need a cure or treatment.

And the government knows this is a possibility but has to manage it carefully - there would be riots if they actually said social distancing could be with us for a long time .

That'll be why they're gradually reducing furlough and gently encouraging adaptation/retraining - if science throws us a miracle (mass testing or a cure) then the industries won't have to be cut loose but if it does go to worst case scenario that may be what happens 

Social Distancing will be lucky if it lasts the Winter. There won’t be Riots, compliance will just slowly fade. Irony is, even if the Government started to take it seriously now it’s too late, a lot of People aren’t listening to them.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

MY neice aged 11  also coped far better ...although the lack of interaction with other kids might have been an issue the longer things went on ....  

yeah, to be fair my kid is pretty feckin sick of it now and often moans about how it's all for old people who are close to death anyway...so  obviously I have to punish her severly for that.

She just liked not having to go to school and sit tests and exams.