When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I heard that the commission a little while ago change the debate style. That’s not acceptable to us. I’m not going to do a virtual debate. I’m not gonna waste my time on a virtual debate, that’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do it, debates? Ridiculous. And then they cut you off whenever they want.

Big Don doing us all a favour.

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Controversial thought exercise to throw out there - could a blanket ban on alcohol sales (including shops) for a few weeks help stop the spread? 

Obviously economic issues but it does seem that drinking, either at home or out, is the driver here. I know it's the driver of our economy too but if they really want to "circuit break"...

But the big problem is that 1) I don't trust them to put provisions in place to help people who already know they are physically dependent as public health system seems stretched with only what it has to deal with normally and 2) I think we would find that many of us are dependent without realising it! 

Didn't they do that in South Africa?

Edit: sorry, late to this! @crazyfool1 and @Fuzzy Afro already said.

I reckon this is the kind of thing that would actually cause riots.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Controversial thought exercise to throw out there - could a blanket ban on alcohol sales (including shops) for a few weeks help stop the spread? 

Obviously economic issues but it does seem that drinking, either at home or out, is the driver here. I know it's the driver of our economy too but if they really want to "circuit break"...

But the big problem is that 1) I don't trust them to put provisions in place to help people who already know they are physically dependent as public health system seems stretched with only what it has to deal with normally and 2) I think we would find that many of us are dependent without realising it! 

Good god what this insanity you are suggesting?? :huh:

People will just start buying now if they even got a whiff of this and there would be serious backlash on restricting booze!! It would be like toilet roll buying all over again

Edited by shoptildrop

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I wish i had the balls to refuse all the Zoom quizzes i had to take part in. Good on him.

It’s not going to help him if he wants to win an election though ... he’s got to change opinions and not the people who will be attending one of his rallies 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

It’s not going to help him if he wants to win an election though ... he’s got to change opinions and not the people who will be attending one of his rallies 

Complete jest. The mans a law unto himself. 

The less we see of him the better i suppose! 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Imagine looking at something the government of South Africa did and thinking, “yeah, let’s copy that” 😂

Let’s have none of that. There’s no reason we can’t learn from any nation, it’s not like we have done much better. I dare say your comments probably offensive to any South Africans. Classic British exceptionalism right there. 

23 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think a totally different approach to pubs could be warranted. Let people pick one pub, that is the pub they go to. They have to book in advance, can't go to other pubs - keeps them open but shuts down pub crawls and makes contact tracing lots easier. 

Drop the 10pm closing, and in fact let pubs stay open past usual closing times if they so wish. That way everyone leaves at different times, and everyone isn't trying to get a table at the same time.

Genuinely think that would have a huge impact.

1 minute ago, st dan said:

The response to this will be very dependent on whether you have kids (particularly young ones) or not. 
For me, there is no way they can close again. 

I’ve not got kids ... but the most I’d expect is maybe a pause either side of half term holidays ... maybe add a week ... doubt anything more would happen ... and I’d rather kids at school than me going to the pub. 

20 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Imagine looking at something the government of South Africa did and thinking, “yeah, let’s copy that” 😂

Soon people in other countries will be saying the same thing about us!