When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

25 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I highly doubt Long Covid will mean that social distancing would remain a feature of society, tbh.

Yeah he's done I reckon. Looking at the state by state polling, the swing states are nearly all going Biden. If anything, Trump should be worrying about holding Iowa, Ohio and Texas.

Yeah long covid is bad but not statistically signifanct enough for social distancing.

Happy to keep masks in public places indoor though.

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Tor? Definitely , then a walk round Pilton observing all farm regulations of course. Meander round the nearby villages, days in Cheddar , Wells, And of course Glastonbury town and Street! 

Worth a walk up Burrow Mump as well, it's like a baby Tor with fantastic views. To be followed by a pint in The King Alfred at the bottom of The Mump. Ace beer and food right by the river Parrett. Not far at all from Glastonbury and in the middle of The Levels.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah long covid is bad but not statistically signifanct enough for social distancing.

Happy to keep masks in public places indoor though.

Hand washing is the thing I’d like to keep in the long run. I hope face coverings stop being mandatory when the pandemic is over, although I’d happily wear mine on transport when I get a cold once or twice a year. But hand washing I’d really like us to keep as a permanent thing. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

pretty sure that decision was made a while back the marathon one ..... it has to be fitted into the calendar and can be more easily moved than something like Glastonbury I would say .... 

My point was more that if something like that is already getting moved then I reckon the chances of this are less likely.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So now we are going to have the “Rule of 6” and the “Rule of 3” but they’re not related to each other and mean totally different things. How confusing. 

The “Rule of 2” is coming. 

The question is going to be, who is the master and who is the apprentice?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

WOW. Trump has left the White House and left his (legally compulsory) self-isolation to go and work in the Oval Office. Absolutely bizarre scenes in Washington DC. 

You meant to say he left the residence and went to the Oval. It’s not as if he had to go in a motorcade to go downstairs and then to the West Wing.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hand washing is the thing I’d like to keep in the long run. I hope face coverings stop being mandatory when the pandemic is over, although I’d happily wear mine on transport when I get a cold once or twice a year. But hand washing I’d really like us to keep as a permanent thing. 

Did people not wash their hands before?!

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Did people not wash their hands before?!

If I were to put money on it I’d say people don’t wash their hands for long enough ... I’ve just installed an app on my watch ... I thought I was a good hand washer .... turns out I need to extend it a little 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

If I were to put money on it I’d say people don’t wash their hands for long enough ... I’ve just installed an app on my watch ... I thought I was a good hand washer .... turns out I need to extend it a little 

I find just dipping my hands in hydrochloric acid does the job quicker. 

I am starting to wonder why my skin and flesh is falling off though. 

6 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Just booked a table for tomorrow evening for my fave pub/restaurant in Glasgow. 

Well this didn’t age well...got an e-mail from them saying it’s not worth their while opening for a few hours tomorrow and Friday so that’s them closed until restrictions are lifted.

37 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Worth a walk up Burrow Mump as well, it's like a baby Tor with fantastic views. To be followed by a pint in The King Alfred at the bottom of The Mump. Ace beer and food right by the river Parrett. Not far at all from Glastonbury and in the middle of The Levels.

Thanks, just did a google street view of it, looks good for a wee visit . And of course a village pub, added to the itinerary!