When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

There are reports that Coachella is due to be postponed until October 2021. Interestingly too, the London Marathon Ballot Enter for 2021 opened today and they aren't even trying to hold it in April.

pretty sure that decision was made a while back the marathon one ..... it has to be fitted into the calendar and can be more easily moved than something like Glastonbury I would say .... 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Geographically it’s known as the central lowlands and separated from the highlands and southern uplands by two fault lines. 

In Glastonbury terms it's essentially the bit between the railway line in the South and the electricity pylon line in the North.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Tor? Definitely , then a walk round Pilton observing all farm regulations of course. Meander round the nearby villages, days in Cheddar , Wells, And of course Glastonbury town and Street! 

Did all these a few weeks ago (the Glasto 50th anniversary weekend) - was planned to be at the farm but instead made a tour.... stayed overnight in a pub in Street, went up the Tor a couple of times for some meditation and cider (in that order), went shopping around Glastonbury town, did a tour of the Abbey, then on to Wells (for tea and cake), and a drive through the Mendips. 

Just love the whole area - my spiritual home 🙏

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Tor? Definitely , then a walk round Pilton observing all farm regulations of course. Meander round the nearby villages, days in Cheddar , Wells, And of course Glastonbury town and Street! 

If you get on top of the Cheddar Gorge there are some views to be had.

And if weather a bit rubbish down to Wookey Hole caves

Billionaires see fortunes rise by 27% during the pandemic

Billionaires have seen their fortunes hit record highs during the pandemic, with top executives from technology and industry earning the most. 

The world's richest saw their wealth climb 27.5% to $10.2trn (£7.9trn) from April to July this year, according to a report from Swiss bank UBS.

That was up from the previous peak of $8.9trn at the end of 2017 and largely due to rising global share prices. 

UBS said billionaires had done "extremely well" in the Covid crisis.

It also said the number of billionaires had hit a new high of 2,189, up from 2,158 in 2017.

It comes as a World Bank report on Wednesday showed extreme poverty is set to rise this year for the first time in more than two decades due to the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54446285

There’s no crisis they can’t benefit from! Hmm, I wonder who should be taxed more to pay for all this, and who actually will be taxed more to pay for all this🤔

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

If you get on top of the Cheddar Gorge there are some views to be had.

And if weather a bit rubbish down to Wookey Hole caves

we did some caving there as kids stayed  in an outdoor centre called charter house ... the caves are spectacular though agree with this recommendation ..... just dont drive like a nutter up and down the gorge :) 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

we did some caving there as kids stayed  in an outdoor centre called charter house ... the caves are spectacular though agree with this recommendation ..... just dont drive like a nutter up and down the gorge :) 

Cheddar Gorge caves are now shut due to you know what

looks like we might get home tests available for the General public for every hour of a 24hr period  for the first time since ive been viewing this page ..... testing availability is key with numbers rising ....... although I did spot this which is potentially going to be a further problem 

NHS coronavirus tests threatened by Roche supply chain glitch

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/07/nhs-coronavirus-tests-threatened-by-roche-supply-chain-glitch

wed 23rd sept is the furthest it goes back to ....

https://c9s.uk/home-test-availability/

50 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Did all these a few weeks ago (the Glasto 50th anniversary weekend) - was planned to be at the farm but instead made a tour.... stayed overnight in a pub in Street, went up the Tor a couple of times for some meditation and cider (in that order), went shopping around Glastonbury town, did a tour of the Abbey, then on to Wells (for tea and cake), and a drive through the Mendips. 

Just love the whole area - my spiritual home 🙏

Staying in a hotel close to Pilton and Glastonbury. So will be sending photos back home to Scotland of the Tor, other views and especially many pictures of cold refreshing tasty pub pulled pints! 

Definitely my spiritual home as well! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

40 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54446285

There’s no crisis they can’t benefit from! Hmm, I wonder who should be taxed more to pay for all this, and who actually will be taxed more to pay for all this🤔

Every time you buy something through them you are being taxed to supoort their fortune...

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54449145

They're gonna do something about Long Covid

They need to - essentially they need to find why it happens and cure it. - if one of those vaccines "wins" that only reduces symptoms and isnt 100% effective then we may not end social distancing

Edited by efcfanwirral

42 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They need to - essentially they need to find why it happens and cure it. - if one of those vaccines "wins" that only reduces symptoms and isnt 100% effective then we may not end social distancing

I highly doubt Long Covid will mean that social distancing would remain a feature of society, tbh.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

This poll is very significant!

Yeah he's done I reckon. Looking at the state by state polling, the swing states are nearly all going Biden. If anything, Trump should be worrying about holding Iowa, Ohio and Texas.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Another one here who has never heard the term "central belt"! Have heard highlands, borders etc.

Me neither, I've got cousin's who own caravan sites in Scotland and they've never ever called any part of it Central belt 🤷🏼‍♂️😂