When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

As to the greater and larger definitions -  I didnt know it existed . I had to google it to figure out what areas were in an out of the pub restrictions.       

I agree the Newcastle comparison is not a good one -  better comparison woudl be if I hadnt heard of the Home Counties or the Peak District.

Yeah that’s a better comparison and equally fair enough if people haven’t heard of those areas. 

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just make sure you pronounce scone properly and put the jam and cream on in the right order. 

Why would you do this?  I deliberately avoided that can of worms.

The efests scone / jam / cream argument has had more crap sequels than Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday 13th combined, and now we're getting another one.

I hope you're proud of yourself...

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Before today I had no idea there was a central belt 😂

The mighty Arab Strap considered Central Belt as a name when they were starting out.  Mogwai's "best of" collection is called Central Belters. It's like you don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Scottish indie bands of the 90s. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Off to Somerset next week!  Will cross the border into England and scream out FREEEDDOOOM just like Mel Gibson in braveheart! 

Low cases here , just the 40 per 100,000 now although by next week you might feel more at home with at least 100 per 100,000 .... a visit to the Tor ? still not got my ass in gear to trek up to yet 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

...what...

Indeed. Being married to a Cornish woman I know the right order! 

We do, however, disagree about the pronunciation as I'm in the rhyming with gone camp and she is not

Scone rhymes with bone. 

14,000+ in one day!? That’s mental. 

What the hell is bars and restaurants not selling alcohol indoors going to help? My prediction is that it will not make a blind bit of difference, just like the 10pm rule.

In our staff room today, the conversation turned to COVID (as usual) and someone I work said their friend is really high up at Papworth hospital (MD, I think she said. Is that a thing in hospitals?) and she said that he told her than they are currently preparing for a 3 week national lockdown, including schools, where schools will only be open to vulnerable children like they were before. He also said that he doesn’t expect us to get to half term as things are currently.

Could all be absolute bollocks but thought it’s worth a share. 

46 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Literally the equivalent of me claiming I didn’t know Newcastle existed or something equally ridiculous.

Anyway, just over 14000 cases today.

are you kidding ? I didnt know it existed either ...  that makes 4 .....  I bet you a pint at next years efest meet have all heard of Newcastle ... edit think thats 6 now ...

Edited by crazyfool1

58 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

How is it even possible to not know Scotland had a central belt? 

Slightly related to the central belt discussion but I feel this is as good a time as any to bring up Mogwai calling their career spanning compilation album “Central Belters”. 

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Why would you do this?  I deliberately avoided that can of worms.

The efests scone / jam / cream argument has had more crap sequels than Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday 13th combined, and now we're getting another one.

I hope you're proud of yourself...

This threads a little quiet. Thought I’d generate some discussion in here.