When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Figured that might be the case.  So for argument's sake we could see a future where C-19 and flu jabs are administered at the same time for the winter season, depending on whether C-19 dies out or just becomes something we do learn to live with.

Interesting. 

I'd imagined a long term scenario where you go for your covid booster every few years at any time of the year - although it is more problematic in winter, we're not tracking a particular strain, we just need to ensure our immunity hasn't faded too much.

37 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m hearing Scotland will close pubs and bars, but allow cafes and restaurants to stay open but ban them from selling alcohol! They’re calling it the Sober October Circuit Breaker 

I've been hearing something very similar, cafes and restaurants to stay open but 'boozers' to be closed from Friday. I guess they will probably let pubs stay open for serving food and soft drinks only.

12 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Vaccine or no vaccine life has changed forever and I'm accepting of that now. Happy about it, not really but I accept it.

Maybe I’m just not at the same stage on your curve but I do not accept that and I do not agree with you. 

Life has changed temporarily. It might be for another 6 months or it might be for another 2 years but we will get back to normal. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Maybe I’m just not at the same stage on your curve but I do not accept that and I do not agree with you. 

Life has changed temporarily. It might be for another 6 months or it might be for another 2 years but we will get back to normal. 

The reason I believe life has changed for ever is because working at home will be more common, I will have less travel in my job due to less face to face meetings. The way we do business and work will have changed forever. 

Just now, jannybruck said:

Can we not say "I'm hearing" unless you've got a credible source for it – just reading it on Twitter and then spreading it around doesn't help anyone. I see it a lot in this thread and it starts to get really murky when rumours start flying around.

Yep I fully agree. At least provide a source or link the article. No one is ‘hearing’ news from a source.

I’m loving Keirs jabs at Johnson today. 

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hearing the government is about to introduce airport testing instead of 14 day quarantine for arrivals 

Yes, I read that in the news too. 

https://inews.co.uk/news/business/covid-testing-rumours-uk-airports-lift-easyjet-ryanair-wizz-air-shares-679887?ito=twitter_share_article-top

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fuck it I'll go for in for PMQs...

In other news I've just been to the gym and the steam room and sauna are back open! When did that become allowed? Seems crazy when cases are rising.

I did not indulge, although they used to be one of my favourite bits about the gym.

Wow... which gym is this? Agree, this was my favourite part of gym but I can’t see how this is allowed at the moment! 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fuck it I'll go for in for PMQs...

In other news I've just been to the gym and the steam room and sauna are back open! When did that become allowed? Seems crazy when cases are rising.

I did not indulge, although they used to be one of my favourite bits about the gym.

I saw my gym post about this yesterday! I'm currently isolating but am very excited to get back and try them 😁

14 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Can we not say "I'm hearing" unless you've got a credible source for it – just reading it on Twitter and then spreading it around doesn't help anyone. I see it a lot in this thread and it starts to get really murky when rumours start flying around.

Agreed.  Or even better, just post your sources.