When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Premier League and EFL promoting petitions to let fans back in to stadiums.

111k signatures in a day.

If they make the people arrive in cars not public transport there is very little reason not to. Would be staggered entry and exit times, a small percentage of normal capacity

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If they make the people arrive in cars not public transport there is very little reason not to. Would be staggered entry and exit times, a small percentage of normal capacity

Are they going to stop fans singing though? I don’t know how they would stop it. 

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hearing full lockdown of the North within 48 hours, Sunak drawing up financial packages to enable it as we speak

Hope you’re right, if we lock down now, hopefully we can have this surge squashed by December- I remember that feeling of temporary relief at the end of the first lockdown- felt you could breath and relax a bit (obviously not too much!) for a while. I hate the current feeling of things worsening.

Edited by Mr.Tease

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hearing full lockdown of the North within 48 hours, Sunak drawing up financial packages to enable it as we speak

I hope so. Bolton finally managed to have a mild decline after shutting the pubs for a few weeks, but we need more than that and people can't survive without more support from the state. The chancellor needs to step the fuck up, Manchester is in whatever the opposite of free fall is, it's a bit of a nightmare to be honest. 

We might not be losing as many people who get hospitalised now, but the hospitalisations are rising fast and with these case numbers, they're going to fill up. We can't just keep on at this fantasy that we've found a new sustainable normal that's balancing the economy and the virus control. It's out of control and we* need more support.

*Not me personally, I'm very lucky to be a remote worker, but those who cannot earn with stricter measures.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Pubs, restaurants and non-essential retail look like closing in Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle

That's going to be a problem for me.  We are due to go to Liverpool to move my father in law into a sheltered flat.   Hopefully Dominos will still be allowed to deliver to premier Inn.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Hope you’re right, if we lock down now, hopefully we can have this surge squashed by December- I remember that feeling of temporary relief at the end of the first lockdown- felt you could breath and relax a bit (obviously not too much!) for a while. I hate the current feeling of things worsening.

Funnily enough, I felt more relieved by the start of the lockdown. When it finished (or eased), it was back to a kind of anxiety-inducing no man's land. But when it started, at least it felt like something was being done.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's needed for the North, IMO. Hospitalisations are about 4 weeks away from equalling the peak according to my twitter guy. That means that it might be 5-6 weeks away from a Bergamo type situation where the NHS is overwhelmed in a localised outbreak, and my same twitter guy suggests that it would be logistically difficult to transport patients to hospitals in other parts of the country for treatment.

I mean, it's probably going to be needed for the rest of the country too at some point, but I think they'll soldier on and try to keep as much of the economy open as possible rather than go for a full national lockdown. Might just mean that most regions end up with local lockdowns at different times.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I hope so. Bolton finally managed to have a mild decline after shutting the pubs for a few weeks, but we need more than that and people can't survive without more support from the state. The chancellor needs to step the fuck up, Manchester is in whatever the opposite of free fall is, it's a bit of a nightmare to be honest. 

We might not be losing as many people who get hospitalised now, but the hospitalisations are rising fast and with these case numbers, they're going to fill up. We can't just keep on at this fantasy that we've found a new sustainable normal that's balancing the economy and the virus control. It's out of control and we* need more support.

*Not me personally, I'm very lucky to be a remote worker, but those who cannot earn with stricter measures.

Some kind of financial support package is an absolute must to enable any lockdown for sure. The initial lockdown wasn't implemented until Sunak could draw up the furlough, hence why we had that bizarre period from 16th-20th March where pubs and restaurants were open but we were officially advised not to visit them. You can't just lockdown and throw everyone out on the streets. But it sounds like Sunak has been asked to go ahead and draw up the necessary packages, and we'll get the official announcement by the end of the week.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Some kind of financial support package is an absolute must to enable any lockdown for sure. The initial lockdown wasn't implemented until Sunak could draw up the furlough, hence why we had that bizarre period from 16th-20th March where pubs and restaurants were open but we were officially advised not to visit them. You can't just lockdown and throw everyone out on the streets. But it sounds like Sunak has been asked to go ahead and draw up the necessary packages, and we'll get the official announcement by the end of the week.

Agreed, and it has to be far stronger than the "successor" to the furlough scheme, which is just not enough.