When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You do understand that CNN is aggressively democrat just as FOX is aggressively republican. They won’t publish any results which are different from Biden smashing it

No Matt only you realise that, everyone else is stupid! Deary me you're so condescending with so little to back it up.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You do understand that CNN is aggressively democrat just as FOX is aggressively republican. They won’t publish any results which are different from Biden smashing it

CNN poll September 2016 gave a republican lead.

Fox News polls in October and November 2016 giving Democrats a sizeable lead.

Source here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2016_United_States_presidential_election

Just had to do some digging to show how ill-informed your comments are on this.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

@Matt42 https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/06/us-election-polls-tracker-who-is-leading-in-the-swing-states

This makes it pretty clear. It's also polling averages and breaks down swing states not just national vote share.

Interesting. However what these show me is that it’s extremely tight. The polls for some certain swing states don’t exactly have Biden leading *that* much higher than trump. The guardian themselves mentioned in the article that they still expect some “undercover” trump voters to exist in these regions.

This empirical data suggests to me that there is still a hard chance of that prediction being flipped and underestimating voter turnaround for right wing support and overestimating voter turnaround for democrat support.

I don’t mean to be condescending and I don’t mean to talk down but I’m just getting a bit of Deja vu. Strong reliance and backing by the media for the decision to go one way - and everything being too concentrated on one result.

It ain’t over till it’s over, and what this suggests to me is that this is much closer than it seems.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Interesting. However what these show me is that it’s extremely tight. The polls for some certain swing states don’t exactly have Biden leading *that* much higher than trump. The guardian themselves mentioned in the article that they still expect some “undercover” trump voters to exist in these regions.

This empirical data suggests to me that there is still a hard chance of that prediction being flipped and underestimating voter turnaround for right wing support and overestimating voter turnaround for democrat support.

I don’t mean to be condescending and I don’t mean to talk down but I’m just getting a bit of Deja vu. Strong reliance and backing by the media for the decision to go one way - and everything being too concentrated on one result.

It ain’t over till it’s over, and what this suggests to me is that this is much closer than it seems.

No one here is taking it for granted one way or the other.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah it is not over till it's over but it is reasonable to assume that the polling companies have corrected for errors in 2016. Those numbers are very bad for Trump no two ways about it.

Please stop saying nonsense like CNN= liberal therefore gonna show democrat leads and vice-versa with Fox- because it is ill-informed nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No one here is taking it for granted one way or the other.

I just don’t see much uncertainty or even criticism of where a poll can be off though. I personally find the data that Biden has risen in Florida extremely surprising and confusing?

I do think people on here lap up the very strong and forced media narrative being pushed that Biden is in the lead. I can see the same mistakes being made again.

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Can I interrupt this discussion to bring you Matt Hancock’s update on the latest systems he uses for the pandemic.

I was googling an image of windows 95 to use as a follow on joke and I came across this article so it's not actually that far from the truth. 

https://www.verdict.co.uk/windows-xp-nhs/

They’re not back tracking on this lack of support for the arts and music industry. A whole industry being thrown under the bus, which is so vital for this country’s culture and in turn people’s mental health. The tories just keep on getting worse.

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just don’t see much uncertainty or even criticism of where a poll can be off though. I personally find the data that Biden has risen in Florida extremely surprising and confusing?

I do think people on here lap up the very strong and forced media narrative being pushed that Biden is in the lead. I can see the same mistakes being made again.

Florida has a lot of old people. Trump is doing badly with old people, presumably because of his lack of regard for the old-person-killing virus.

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

@merkin79 would you like to contribute to the discussion rather than just constantly downvoting people all the time? I must have had around 10 off you in the last week or so. I’m just going to assume you’re someone else’s alternate account again. 

It's quite an old account so maybe he's just a bit trigger happy with the downvotes. I'm not a fan of the upvote/downvote system, if someone likes or dislikes a post they can easily comment and explain why, IMO a downvote should only be used for an extreme post, one you vehemently disagree with or find unacceptable, maybe Neil should limit them to one per day then people would only use them as a last resort.

• Like 1