When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

My thoughts exactly.

Hancock is the last “born again Brexiteer” in the cabinet who voted Remain in 2016. With Javid gone, Rudd long gone, and Hunt never involved in Johnson’s government, it’s basically the vote leave old boys reunion + Hancock. It follows that Hancock is there when they need a fall guy.

They could bin him now and bring in another vote leave old boy like Andrea Leadsom or Theresa Villiers or Chris Grayling or Penny Mordaunt to run the health department, but then they would immediately fuck up in the same way as Hancock.

Hancock, Whitty and Vallance will all get thrown under the bus when we get the enquiry whereas Boris, Raab, Gove and Cummings will get off scot free

Hancock was really close to Cameron and was up with him until the bitter end on Brexit vote night.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

No idea what to believe, but what I can believe is that this is all a ploy to weaken the influence of the coronavirus in this election. Trump wants to take the Covid situation off the table.

Lol pretending to catch covid and then running around without a mask whilst struggling to breathe isnt going to do that.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No idea what to believe, but what I can believe is that this is all a ploy to weaken the influence of the coronavirus in this election. Trump wants to take the Covid situation off the table.

With that being a video, I am prepared to believe that he has had Covid and is clearly still suffering from it. Looking like he's going to collapse may not be the best way to take it off the table! The fact he is still trying to campaign surely shows that the presidency is the only thing keeping him out of jail.

59 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's a bit like how I was back in the spring when I'm sure I had it. It was like I had to think to breath rather than just doing it. And not able to take a full breath. One difference though, I didn't have to hide that I was doing it in order to appear tough

I've never once doubted that Trump had covid. Is it at all unbelievable that he has it? With no mask wearing and unbelievable arrogance? Of course he caught it. His stance has been that it is a hoax - him then pretending to have caught it makes no sense. Even in the (staged) photos from the hospital he looked like death. 

I believe that of course he caught it, of course it's knocked him for six and the only possible way of him spinning things back in his favour is to then PRETEND that he's 'beaten it', hence prematurely rushing himself back out of hospital and recording whatever the fuck that video is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he'd had covid and believed himself immune. It doesn't excuse the rule breaking, but he wouldn't have been afraid.

Wasn't everyone in the white house tested every day, and anyone who entered had to be tested? I thought they were. They screwed up at the rose garden thing for that nutty judge.

Someone I know doing the track and tracing has noticed a real change today. For months they had only had one call in total, it's built up more over the past 2 or 3 weeks however today has been non stop apparently. 

The good news is she has said most of the people she's called are already self isolating and haven't just waited to hear from contact tracers to tell them to do so.

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

Someone I know doing the track and tracing has noticed a real change today. For months they had only had one call in total, it's built up more over the past 2 or 3 weeks however today has been non stop apparently. 

The good news is she has said most of the people she's called are already self isolating and haven't just waited to hear from contact tracers to tell them to do so.

maybe due to that backlog?

Just now, steviewevie said:

maybe due to that backlog?

It might well be that actually. lots of people have said they're isolating on advice of the app which is very good to hear.

I'm sure I'll hear a lot more about it over the coming days/ weeks so it'll be interesting to hear if today is an outlier or if it becomes the norm. 

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Wasn't everyone in the white house tested every day, and anyone who entered had to be tested? I thought they were. They screwed up at the rose garden thing for that nutty judge.

They do test them every day...makes no odds if you then wander off to events outside the building and ignore social distancing and mitigation advice. Makes even less of a difference when you get positive results and just ignore those too, but close contacts head off to fundraisers, hold press briefings and continue on as if nothing has happened (and rather unbelievably, do this with your own positive test while you wait for a confirmation). Testing just provides information, you still have to act on it!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

And my worry is about how much stuff is off chart and off data. When Florida was in contention in the 2016 debate they didn’t think it was going to be a close race at all. Why? Because my family in Florida had never voted before and probably weren’t included in any of the data.  All first time voters and no record of them anywhere, and they voted for trump. 

My biggest concern with polling is what falls under its radar and sneaks past it. You can’t deny that this is a real issue.

I think that's true, and it's part of what explains the Trump result in 2016. Trump was very different, caused new and different behaviours, and so a lot of the models missed that.

But this time around, they've spent four years studying what those behaviours are and accounting for them. And Biden is pretty much as standard democrat as you can get. So I feel like we can rely on polls a lot more. The only complicating factor is COVID - that could change how people vote, and that's not something we've dealt with before. But I don't think we're really seeing any evidence that Trump will do better because we're in a pandemic. Not even anecdotally.

9 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I think that's true, and it's part of what explains the Trump result in 2016. Trump was very different, caused new and different behaviours, and so a lot of the models missed that.

But this time around, they've spent four years studying what those behaviours are and accounting for them. And Biden is pretty much as standard democrat as you can get. So I feel like we can rely on polls a lot more. The only complicating factor is COVID - that could change how people vote, and that's not something we've dealt with before. But I don't think we're really seeing any evidence that Trump will do better because we're in a pandemic. Not even anecdotally.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

With that being a video, I am prepared to believe that he has had Covid and is clearly still suffering from it. Looking like he's going to collapse may not be the best way to take it off the table! The fact he is still trying to campaign surely shows that the presidency is the only thing keeping him out of jail.

If he can stay alive until November 3 it will have the same effect. This is a ploy to minimise the influence of Covid in voters minds - it can’t be that bad if the president survived it.

They will keep him up like a scarecrow right through the process. Joe Biden’s biggest ace in the hole is trumps failure with COVID. They are trying to aggressively take it on.