When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What’s wrong with satirising that? You can pretty much satirise anything you like (and satirising something doesn’t mean that the thing you’re satirising is bad)

I think it’s pointless and unfunny to satirise NZ when our response has been shameful and caused the deaths of tens of thousands. There’s more to take aim at than a country handling this all really, really well. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The most mental part of this Trump stuff is that he's apparently considering getting back on the campaign trail ASAP. Surely he should at least be finishing his self-isolation for the rest of this week.

they are trying to sell the fact hes not contagious at this news conference 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think it’s pointless and unfunny to satirise NZ when our response has been shameful and caused the deaths of tens of thousands. There’s more to take aim at than a country handling this all really, really well. 

Have you actually watched the scene? It’s pretty funny. And 90% of the episode is satirising Boris trust me 

23 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m convinced Trump having the virus is all faked now. Even if he only had a mild version he would still be suffering quite badly. 

Hopefully someone will leak the truth in the next two weeks. 

Maybe he is still suffering really badly? He's clearly lying about something, he cannot help but lie, the question is - in which way direction is he lying? I think he's nowhere near well enough to be discharged.

Remember this about Trump - his lies are never clever. Which is more likely, he's choreographed this intricate lie involving half of the White House getting the virus, or he's still ill, but keeps tweeting in ALL CAPS about how well he is?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Remember this about Trump - his lies are never clever. Which is more likely, he's choreographed this intricate lie involving half of the White House getting the virus, or he's still ill, but keeps tweeting in ALL CAPS about how well he is?

There’s clearly two outcomes here. 

He’s either lying about having the virus at all or he’s lying about recovering from it. 

Either way the truth will come out soon. Will have to see how close people are to him over the next few days. If they are clearly keeping their distance and masked up then he hasn’t recovered. 

If no distancing is seen then it’s faked. No one is going to put themselves in danger for him. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

There’s clearly two outcomes here. 

He’s either lying about having the virus at all or he’s lying about recovering from it. 

Either way the truth will come out soon. Will have to see how close people are to him over the next few days. If they are clearly keeping their distance and masked up then he hasn’t recovered. 

If no distancing is seen then it’s faked. No one is going to put themselves in danger for him. 

I'll take the middle option, he does have the virus but they've overplayed the severity of it so he gets to do a "miraculous" recovery when it actual fact he's only been a tiny bit poorly the whole time

I have a simpler explanation

His team have realised that his base will literally lap anything up and they can play pure North Korean tactics on them and they won’t challenge it. 

They know that the QAnon, White Supremacist, Conspiracy nuts usually don’t vote. They probably feel very confident they can win an election off the back of them at all. They know this theatre will actually end up in a positive for him.

Just now, Matt42 said:

His team have realised that his base will literally lap anything up and they can play pure North Korean tactics on them and they won’t challenge it. 

They know that the QAnon, White Supremacist, Conspiracy nuts usually don’t vote. They probably feel very confident they can win an election off the back of them at all. They know this theatre will actually end up in a positive for him.

There is no way this shit is washing  with anyone .... lets see the polls in a few days and see what happens .... 

There are now, according to C4 news, 27 people in the president's circle (inc the president) who have been infected.

I don't think it's a conspiracy - there are simply too many involved for it to work - but as someone famous once said, you can't let a good crisis go to waste.

8 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Have the BBC paid for it?  It was only ever on ITV in the past, but I'm not sure how BritBox commissioning works.

Looks fair enough to me. Nowt to do with the licence fee.

'The BBC and ITV’s answer to Netflix, BritBox is the British broadcasters’ “joint vision” for a streaming service in the UK.

The service also includes content from Channel 4 and Channel 5.

BritBox already exists in the US and is said to have exceeded expectations there, currently boasting over half a million subscribers.

BritBox will not take any money from the licence fee to pay for its set up or to make its new programmes, and by making older archive shows available it is providing a new service to anything that exists.'

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

not enough of them.

surely.