When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

45 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just got a press release for work. The O2 are to begin doing socially distanced gigs, kicking off with Squeeze playing the first Saturday night in December. Capacity reduced from 20,000 to 4700.

Saw the arena in Liverpool are doing this too, with a Fleetwood mac tribute band. Also in December so clearly some kind of nod has been given but not communicated to the public yet. 

Makes the lack of similar numbers of fans in football stadiums even more baffling considering the dangers of inside transmission vs outside....

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Saw the arena in Liverpool are doing this too, with a Fleetwood mac tribute band. Also in December so clearly some kind of nod has been given but not communicated to the public yet. 

Makes the lack of similar numbers of fans in football stadiums even more baffling considering the dangers of inside transmission vs outside....

It’s public now:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/live-music-to-return-to-london-the-o2-this-december-with-squeeze-gig-2771041

3 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Thanks. Whats the source on this? Are there prospective dates?

All the scottish news outlets are reporting it now -  it has been signalled for the last few days at least.   Might be to coincide wiht the school breaks.

5 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

At it again?

"Face coverings are mandatory on board the train and in all enclosed areas of railway stations"

Unless she thinks an outside railway platform is an enclosed space he's not done anything wrong.

I like Pippa but she does have an (understandable) agenda against the Tories. It feels a little bit like she’s still resentful nothing came of her ‘scoop of the century’ regarding Cummings-gate and wants to nail them on something.

14 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I like Pippa but she does have an (understandable) agenda against the Tories. It feels a little bit like she’s still resentful nothing came of her ‘scoop of the century’ regarding Cummings-gate and wants to nail them on something.

He is a massive bell-end though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh my god have people seen the news? Bojo is urging us all to go to the cinema.

Look what happened last time we were all urged to eat out, the cases have exploded. What is he doing? This epidemic is not under control and it’s only going to get worse by telling people to go out more and not putting in proper measures?

Oh yeah everyone go to the cinema but they are going to shut at 10pm, because the virus only spreads after 10 o clock.

26 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

At it again?

"Face coverings are mandatory on board the train and in all enclosed areas of railway stations"

Unless she thinks an outside railway platform is an enclosed space he's not done anything wrong.

Are there different rules at different stations? My local train company (south western) says

"You should put on your face covering before you enter the station and keep it on until you leave the station at your destination."

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Are there different rules at different stations? My local train company (south western) says

"You should put on your face covering before you enter the station and keep it on until you leave the station at your destination."

Yeah I've been keeping mine on throughout stations whether on platforms exposed to the air or not as Transport for London advises them to be worn throughout the network. Also if I'm wearing it on the train then it's no extra effort at all to wear on the platform.

12 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Look what happened last time we were all urged to eat out, the cases have exploded. What is he doing? This epidemic is not under control and it’s only going to get worse by telling people to go out more and not putting in proper measures?

Oh yeah everyone go to the cinema but they are going to shut at 10pm, because the virus only spreads after 10 o clock.

Isn't he a bit late for this now Cineworld has shut?

15 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Cinemas are exempt from the 10pm curfew. 

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Cineworld are closing Friday, Odeon are reducing hours to weekends early, the cases are rising and there's no movies out. 

Bojo: please go to the cinem