When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

@crazyfool1 Yeah, like I say, I normally giggle at people who believe in these things and I'm not averse to going on a flight of fancy on thin evidence once in a while that I later feel a tit for ever thinking. I'm just remembering how shitty BJ looked on all the few bits of broadcast we got to see of him over that week (not least him looking like a bowl of cold sick on the doorstep of Downing street the evening before he went into hospital) and I can only conclude that they are either being really cautious and he's lucky enough to have a really mild case or this is a stage managed event.

10 minutes ago, Spindles said:

@crazyfool1 Yeah, like I say, I normally giggle at people who believe in these things and I'm not averse to going on a flight of fancy on thin evidence once in a while that I later feel a tit for ever thinking. I'm just remembering how shitty BJ looked on all the few bits of broadcast we got to see of him over that week (not least him looking like a bowl of cold sick on the doorstep of Downing street the evening before he went into hospital) and I can only conclude that they are either being really cautious and he's lucky enough to have a really mild case or this is a stage managed event.

I don't think it's staged and he's actually well in a bid to garner votes. I think he's more ill than they are letting on and those photos are staged from when he was at the WH in a bid to make it our he's actually doing fine.

@Ozanne I think that sounds far more reasonable and much more likely.  I just don't trust the snake and the timing is perfect.  The October surprise he promised. It has reinvigorated his base, that much is clear.

I am probably just being paranoid again.  It happens.

10 minutes ago, Spindles said:

@Ozanne I think that sounds far more reasonable and much more likely.  I just don't trust the snake and the timing is perfect.  The October surprise he promised. It has reinvigorated his base, that much is clear.

I am probably just being paranoid again.  It happens.

It’s understandable given his whole administration is based on miss-information and deflection. 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe like they say, Trump did have a fever, did require oxygen, but since being at hospital and on whatever medications they've given him he is doing better. But, he still has some way to go with this illness.

If that’s the case which it could be then why release those photos which as pointed out are 10 minutes apart, in different rooms, shows him signing a blank bit of paper and shows backgrounds don’t appear to be in any of the stock photos of his Presidential Suite at that hospital?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

If that’s the case which it could be then why release those photos which as pointed out are 10 minutes apart, in different rooms, shows him signing a blank bit of paper and shows backgrounds don’t appear to be in any of the stock photos of his Presidential Suite at that hospital?

I’ve not found or seen any yet ? But I wonder if someone might find them in stock whitehouse photos ... probably far too many rooms there though for photos in all of them 

The most bizarre part about the conspiracy theories around Trump’s illness is the fact that people would be more likely to vote for him if he has Covid-19.

Id question the sanity of anyone voting for Trump anyway but it’s difficult to get into the mindset of someone being on the fence but swaying towards Trump due him getting the virus.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah, I don't know. I mean it's all to assure people he's still working...when in reality he probably isn't. But, we just have to believe what the doctor tells us...if he still in hospital by next weekend then we'll know there is a problem.

Just now, rivalschools.price said:

The most bizarre part about the conspiracy theories around Trump’s illness is the fact that people would be more likely to vote for him if he has Covid-19.

Id question the sanity of anyone voting for Trump anyway but it’s difficult to get into the mindset of someone being on the fence but swaying towards Trump due him getting the virus.

Yeah, would be kind of funny if this ends up swinging the election for him. I mean funny in a kind of dark, sick sort of way.

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, I don't know. I mean it's all to assure people he's still working...when in reality he probably isn't. But, we just have to believe what the doctor tells us...if he still in hospital by next weekend then we'll know there is a problem.

This President doesn’t get that benefit of the doubt. He’s spent his entire time in office lying, spreading doubt and general miss-information therefore my instinctive thought is there is some form of lie here. He doesn’t get to lie for years then still have people believe him.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

So would you use that same justification for say using the n word because 'some black people promote and play along with it'? 

No, maybe the example I used wasn't good, the guys in the pride parade are portraying the subculture in a fun, positive way, and you could argue the Dom picture is sending out a negative message, I don't think that was the intention and that is why I don't have a problem with it.

3 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Hmmm but ONS is reporting 8600 infections a day but the gov has been reporting consistently 7000, and then lumped loads of extra cases on today in a backlog, meaning Thursday was over 10,000 confirmed cases.

So I find it hard to trust the ONS when the gov are reporting more cases than the ONS study, and the government are normally catching only 30-50% of cases in the wider picture, as lots of people still can’t get tests.

I would say we are probably sitting at around 20-25k cases a day at the moment, but whether the r is levelled off or not I have no clue anymore.

The truth is we have no idea how many cases a day we have that's for a plethora of reasons. People don't know they have it so don't get tested, people can't get tests, the delay in turning the results around. Factor in that some of the ONS stuff is predictions.

I'm not saying believe everything, but equally to be so distrusting of ordinary every day folk must be hard work. The people working at ONS, NHS Digital, NHS X etc... Are just ordinary people doing their job and the best they can in some very trying circumstances. 

Short of being sensible, and keeping an eye for your loved ones and people you care about there isn't really a lot you can do. 

The more you agonise over the numbers the further down the rabbit hole you go, the further down that hole you go the further you have to come out of it and the harder it will be to return to whatever the new normality is. 

I just worry about the additional stresses and strains people are putting on top of everything else.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter
  • Upvote 10