When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

26 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

With the cinema news, Does that mean studios are going to stop making expensive 'blockbuster' films for a few years as they likely won't recoup their money? Or will they still make them and hold them back? Or will we see a long term decline in the old 'blockbuster' mass cinema model and they'll return to being more of a niche thing? Weird that Cineworld seem to think it won't be until 2023 that numbers are back to what they were.

Saw an interview with an industry insider this week commenting on the situation. In nutshell they said without normal cinema the studios could not generate the money to invest in future big budget productions. Streaming revenues are not yet seen as a good comparable replacement.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

He's probably just a bit ill, like most people get. The severe stuff starts after about 10 days when you're immune system breaks down or something, and you require ICU. So, theyre probably closely monitoring him so he doesn't end up there.

Yeah Boris was fine for quite a while until he really wasn't.

Incidentally, was reading someone the other day suggesting he is still struggling with the aftereffects a lot more than he lets on. Anyone else noticed how he basically has to lean with all his weight on the podium at the stand-up briefings? 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Incidentally, was reading someone the other day suggesting he is still struggling with the aftereffects a lot more than he lets on. Anyone else noticed how he basically has to lean with all his weight on the podium at the stand-up briefings? 

I think Johnson has looked unwell for years before covid- remember the 2017 election and he came across as being drunk or unhinged half the time

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So what’s the most likely to have happened with Trump ? He’s dead ? He’s got covid but no symptoms and he’s playing on the sympathy option ?.... he’s got mild symptoms and he’s playing on the sympathy option ? He’s seriously ill and those photos are staged 

The docs appear to be hitting his infection early with all they've got in an attempt to stop infection taking hold in his lower respiratory system. Evidence shows once infection takes hold in the lungs the chances of severe covid increase greatly, especially in the old.

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So what’s the most likely to have happened with Trump ? He’s dead ? He’s got covid but no symptoms and he’s playing on the sympathy option ?.... he’s got mild symptoms and he’s playing on the sympathy option ? He’s seriously ill and those photos are staged 

Obviously Agent Orange is not an effective coronavirus repellent 

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Mild symptoms and he gets a level of care and medication far superior to any of his people. I know he’s the president but fuck him. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Reminds me of school when the teacher suddenly came back in the room

Theory seems to be that these photographs and the video he posted to his Twitter were all taken at the White House before he left for hospital - same clothes he had on, hair looking the same as it was, and the cabinets in the background not looking like anything they have at the hospital including the ‘presidential suite’ or whatever it is. 

Video has also clearly been edited to get rid of coughs/sneezes/other signs of his illness.

All very weird and probably pointing to him being in a worse condition than they’re letting on so releasing these ‘he’s up and healthy’ videos and photographs as damage control.

Feel like a conspiracy nut saying all this but when it comes to his presidency it seems anything goes in order to mislead and misinform.

25 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He's just said on Andrew Marr that he does not have long covid.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Theory seems to be that these photographs and the video he posted to his Twitter were all taken at the White House before he left for hospital - same clothes he had on, hair looking the same as it was, and the cabinets in the background not looking like anything they have at the hospital including the ‘presidential suite’ or whatever it is. 

Video has also clearly been edited to get rid of coughs/sneezes/other signs of his illness.

All very weird and probably pointing to him being in a worse condition than they’re letting on so releasing these ‘he’s up and healthy’ videos and photographs as damage control.

Feel like a conspiracy nut saying all this but when it comes to his presidency it seems anything goes in order to mislead and misinform.

I’m not usually one for conspiracy theories but this is all really odd 

Definitely agree something odd going on with Trump. Those staged pics etc. But that's partly because his whole persona is built on deception so it's not really surprising we are all sceptical about anything he says or does.

Back to the cases here then, so it basically means that the days that seemed slightly lower this week were not really? So those signs of positivity that it was levelling off might have spoken too soon? Or is that still a thing? This shit really isn't helpful in getting a clear picture of what's going on.

Just had the not great news of several cases at my local college ... not unsurprising really .. but low numbers is ... of course the low numbers won’t be low numbers as the rest won’t have symptoms ... several of those students work in my shop ... :( nervy times 

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Definitely agree something odd going on with Trump. Those staged pics etc. But that's partly because his whole persona is built on deception so it's not really surprising we are all sceptical about anything he says or does.

Back to the cases here then, so it basically means that the days that seemed slightly lower this week were not really? So those signs of positivity that it was levelling off might have spoken too soon? Or is that still a thing? This shit really isn't helpful in getting a clear picture of what's going on.

No it’s more the week up to 26-27 September that had more cases than we thought 

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah pretty much, the notice on the Gov website says the total reported over the coming days will include additional cases from 24th Sept - 1st Oct. So those days it looked like things were levelling off might not have been as promising. 

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m not usually one for conspiracy theories but this is all really odd 

Pretty much my opinion.  Such conspiracy nonsense usually makes me giggle, but I am increasingly feeling like this is a setup timed to swing an election.

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I have no clue who to believe right now, I usually try and look at thing in their context but even that isnt helping now. There are so many mixed messages as to whether things are improving or worsening, I'm more likely to go off the ONS study as they've been pretty spot on for a while now which suggests a leveling off.

When they're saying there has been undereporting it's hard to know whether it means cases are far higher than before or this is a genuine catch up and cases will lower down again over the coming days

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

I have no clue who to believe right now, I usually try and look at thing in their context but even that isnt helping now. There are so many mixed messages as to whether things are improving or worsening, I'm more likely to go off the ONS study as they've been pretty spot on for a while now which suggests a leveling off.

When they're saying there has been undereporting it's hard to know whether it means cases are far higher than before or this is a genuine catch up and cases will lower down again over the coming days

Yeah it's so difficult to get a handle on it. Such a shit position to be living in when you can't trust your government to even report on what's going on properly.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Hmmm but ONS is reporting 8600 infections a day but the gov has been reporting consistently 7000, and then lumped loads of extra cases on today in a backlog, meaning Thursday was over 10,000 confirmed cases.

So I find it hard to trust the ONS when the gov are reporting more cases than the ONS study, and the government are normally catching only 30-50% of cases in the wider picture, as lots of people still can’t get tests.

I would say we are probably sitting at around 20-25k cases a day at the moment, but whether the r is levelled off or not I have no clue anymore.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's so difficult to get a handle on it. Such a shit position to be living in when you can't trust your government to even report on what's going on properly.

For me the next few weeks are crucial, we're about a month since cases were at 1000+ a day so now would be around the time things worsen much like the peak around April (although the actual cases are far lower currently). If cases remain stable because of the new restrictions and hospitalizations and deaths don't skyrocket like in April I'll feel a bit more confident

8 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Pretty much my opinion.  Such conspiracy nonsense usually makes me giggle, but I am increasingly feeling like this is a setup timed to swing an election.

The issue being for me that the numbers of people that would need to be involved in it all ..... I mean he had maybe 10 physicians  there..... and all those people that have tested positive as a result of the garden party and contact ... 20 at last look ..... so it would be some conspiracy if none of them had it .... thinking its mild and they are playing  on it for a boost in polls