When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

On 10/2/2020 at 7:37 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I'd been thinking of getting one of those visors instead of a mask. Thought it might be less sweaty and nice people could actually see your face.

Going by that article sounds like they aren't very effective so will probably forget that idea then 

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

I doubt it was created by a Tory!, it's just a political cartoon, they've been around hundreds of years this is just a modern version, it's clearly a play on Cummings name, he's the Dom and they are the subs, pretty much sums up what's going on. Don't think it's particularly homophobic, it's pretty gross but political cartoons have traditionally been grotesque exaggerations of the subject.

Quoting the above comment that said it was being shared by Tory MPs. 

Political cartoons don't get a free pass. It's rooted in deep stereotypes of the gay community. It is homophobic.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Quoting the above comment that said it was being shared by Tory MPs. 

Political cartoons don't get a free pass. It's rooted in deep stereotypes of the gay community. It is homophobic.

Stereotypes, that (some) gay men promote and play along with, if you go to any pride event you will see gay men dressed in sub & dom leather gear, I don't think referencing it is necessarily homophobic, but I'm happy for you to disagree, at the end of the day we all have different perceptions when it comes to these things.

england-london-the-annual-gay-pride-para

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Stereotypes, that (some) gay men promote and play along with, if you go to any pride event you will see gay men dressed in sub & dom leather gear, I don't think referencing it is necessarily homophobic, but I'm happy for you to disagree, at the end of the day we all have different perceptions when it comes to these things.

england-london-the-annual-gay-pride-para

What?? 

You don't think that cartoon referring to 3 straight men participating in an activity closely associated with the lgbt community simply because it's funny is homophobic?

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

What?? 

You don't think that cartoon referring to 3 straight men participating in an activity closely associated with the lgbt community simply because it's funny is homophobic?

Isn't the joke about the power dynamic between Cummings and the Cabinet, not ha ha kinky gays. If you remove Cummings and just Photoshop Boris's head onto someone in fetish gear then it's unlikely to be being passed around the Tory MP's WhatsApp groups as there isn't really a joke there.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, viberunner said:

Can you please cite me this proof?

Please stick to authoritative medical and scientific sources and resource.

And yes, if you want I can certainly cite the reinfection literature.

You can cite the re-infection literature that can only find a very tiny number of claimed re-infections, against the absolutely humongous number of ever-growing infections...?

Then you don't need any input from me, you just need to think on those numbers you already know.

6 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

What?? 

As member of said community, I didn’t find it homophobic when I saw it. But, these things are open to personal interpretation I suppose. 

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

As member of said community, I didn’t find it homophobic when I saw it. But, these things are open to personal interpretation I suppose. 

As a gay man I didn't personally find the picture homophobic either, though I'm sure it could be perceived as such by certain members of the community who are more involved in that side of gay culture. I did find gizmoman's response/justification troublesome to say the least though. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Why has he moved locations ? Within the hospital ... does he need 2 different work locations ? Seems very odd 

Because he's doing so much work, it can't be contained all in one room

With the cinema news, Does that mean studios are going to stop making expensive 'blockbuster' films for a few years as they likely won't recoup their money? Or will they still make them and hold them back? Or will we see a long term decline in the old 'blockbuster' mass cinema model and they'll return to being more of a niche thing? Weird that Cineworld seem to think it won't be until 2023 that numbers are back to what they were.

So what’s the most likely to have happened with Trump ? He’s dead ? He’s got covid but no symptoms and he’s playing on the sympathy option ?.... he’s got mild symptoms and he’s playing on the sympathy option ? He’s seriously ill and those photos are staged 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So what’s the most likely to have happened with Trump ? He’s dead ? He’s got covid but no symptoms and he’s playing on the sympathy option ?.... he’s got mild symptoms and he’s playing on the sympathy option ? He’s seriously ill and those photos are staged 

He's probably just a bit ill, like most people get. The severe stuff starts after about 10 days when you're immune system breaks down or something, and you require ICU. So, theyre probably closely monitoring him so he doesn't end up there.