When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do you mean because everywhere was too busy? Or you had to book a table? Not really going to pubs still so just interested what you mean! 

Everywhere was at capacity. Granted Barnsley isn't the biggest or greatest place on earth, but on a normal Saturday and even before these new rules you could happily have a beer on a Saturday afternoon. 

This afternoon I went to my usual boozer, had a couple of pints, but fancied a wonder somewhere else, they were having to turn people away and I had a table myself so thought it was better for my regular to have more bums on seats spending more than I was on my own - everywhere else that I would normally think about going was as capacity or at least had three or four other groups waiting to get in so I didn't bothered it was pissing it down. 

It's my own fault really, but it was certainly noticeable that my usual was having to turn money away due to being at capacity, and had been since it opened. I just can't see how the pubs and bars are going to survive as it's gets colder and wetter, especially those with no outside space.

Only nipped out as the Mrs and the boy were watching a film and I thought it a bit wet to go for walk in hindsight I probably walked as far between boozers and got as wet!

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Everywhere was at capacity. Granted Barnsley isn't the biggest or greatest place on earth, but on a normal Saturday and even before these new rules you could happily have a beer on a Saturday afternoon. 

This afternoon I went to my usual boozer, had a couple of pints, but fancied a wonder somewhere else, they were having to turn people away and I had a table myself so thought it was better for my regular to have more bums on seats spending more than I was on my own - everywhere else that I would normally think about going was as capacity or at least had three or four other groups waiting to get in so I didn't bothered it was pissing it down. 

It's my own fault really, but it was certainly noticeable that my usual was having to turn money away due to being at capacity, and had been since it opened. 

Only nipped out as the Mrs and the boy were watching a film and I thought it a bit wet to go for walk in hindsight I probably walked as far between boozers and got as wet!

Ah I see. Reduced capacity to account for distancing? I'm guessing they can't have people standing around any more.

32 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

It's my own fault really, but it was certainly noticeable that my usual was having to turn money away due to being at capacity, and had been since it opened. I just can't see how the pubs and bars are going to survive as it's gets colder and wetter, especially those with no outside space.

Should have stayed at home like this Barnsley lad!

Interesting rolling thread here which  summarises research papers as they are published.

Latest is 2 October — The immune trait that could allow viral reinfection

Nature wades through the literature on the new coronavirus — and summarizes key papers as they appear.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00502-w

18 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Should have stayed at home like this Barnsley lad!

Brilliant and in hindsight I should have stayed home, brown bin only got emptied yesterday, cellar is horribly under stocked at the moment though 

Just for future reference, I'm not from Barnsley... I don't miss letters our of words and words out if sentences... I just happen to live here! 

What happens if Trump dies? Given a majority of his supporters deny Vovid exists. Do they now proclaim he was murdered? Or that he was another pawn in the whole conspiracy and proclaim someone else as their saviour? 

I do wonder if he survives but genuinely went through hell, on a ventilator etc if he would actually be changed for the better by the ordeal. Maybe he would escape his own delusions but who knows. Could just help prove his God complex to himself and he'd be even worse, and his supporters the same.

Just now, kingbadger said:

What happens if Trump dies? Given a majority of his supporters deny Vovid exists. Do they now proclaim he was murdered? Or that he was another pawn in the whole conspiracy and proclaim someone else as their saviour? 

I do wonder if he survives but genuinely went through hell, on a ventilator etc if he would actually be changed for the better by the ordeal. Maybe he would escape his own delusions but who knows. Could just help prove his God complex to himself and he'd be even worse, and his supporters the same.

Absolute nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Global economic meltdown for starters.

10 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

You'd think a brush with death would change someone for the better, but Boris Johnson emerged exactly the same person, and Morrisey emerged from his bout ith cancer or whatever it was, believing the real meaning of life was to be more racist 

• Upvote 2