When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

44 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Because you wouldn't give someone experimental drugs unless he was in a really bad way

He looks alright to me. Walking unaided to his chopper. Heard it on the radio and Sky News and they were making it sound like he was at deaths door! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54375643

Another positive article. Guessing it'll end up voluntary once they get through the priority groups down to age 50 as described in the article.

With it being priority they can make this happen quickly, though I'm sure the inevitable multi billion pound contract for private companies to do it all will lead to some delays. 

48 minutes ago, zahidf said:

@Toilet Duck would you recommend this treatment?

I’m sure his physicians know what they’re doing!

in fairness, the Regeneron antibodies look pretty good, though still in trials and not approved. Convalescent plasma has EUA, but also no RCT data to prove it works. The Regeneron drug is basically an engineered version of this. On top of that they’ve lumped in everything else that might have an effect, but won’t massively impact on the efficacy of the antibodies...so no steroids (which have been shown to work) as they would hamper the antibodies. The aspirin will have a bit of anti-inflammatory activity, but benefits for clotting outweigh that (he may have been on low dose aspirin anyway). Ultimately, they’ve gone for the high tech antibodies over the cheap and cheerful steroids and piled on everything else they can think of that might work but won’t get in the way (and notably don’t have any hydroxychloroquine in there!)...

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, stuie said:

He looks alright to me. Walking unaided to his chopper. Heard it on the radio and Sky News and they were making it sound like he was at deaths door! 

They’re probably right to play it safe. Still early days in his infection and based on his age, gender and weight alone, he’d be higher risk for severe disease now he’s developed symptoms. No idea what the rest of his medical history is like, but the 3 factors above increase his risk quite a bit. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Toilet Duck said:

They’re probably right to play it safe. Still early days in his infection and based on his age, gender and weight alone, he’d be higher risk for severe disease now he’s developed symptoms. No idea what the rest of his medical history is like, but the 3 factors above increase his risk quite a bit. 

There’s no smoke without fire? You don’t send someone to hospital to play it right, it’s like Johnson.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

There’s no smoke without fire? You don’t send someone to hospital to play it right, it’s like Johnson.

Oh the smoke is his risk factors, he would basically be classed as vulnerable (Boris was younger, but was male and overweight, so certainly similar, but probably slightly lower risk due to age...risks over 65 go up quite a bit). 

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

Cinemas can't stay open with no big released scheduled to december now. 

Looks like without government intervention cinemas and ton of jobs will be lost at this point (including  mine)

Yeah seems ridiculous for then to all hope for next year. Especially as tenant did perfectly fine.

45 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah seems ridiculous for then to all hope for next year. Especially as tenant did perfectly fine.

Tenet did okay internationally but for it to even break even it would need to make 400 - 500 million. (a conservative estimate, budget + marketing cost, which will be high since hey had to market it multiple times) The poor performance in the us meant all together it has only just broken into 300 million, 

Studios are losing money on anything released right now, tenet is doing less than okay and it has not really been up against other big films, plus paris just closed hospitality and cancelled the no time to die premiere, so maybe the read the writing on the wall as more European cities are sure to close aswell. 

Tenet actually hurt cinemas, because it opened before there was huge public confidence in cinemas, even in the uk i've seen so many concerns about the safety measures in the big chain cinemas. My colleagues at work have had to share face shields on the same shift. - No, especially in america, cinemas have opened for tenet and now have no new films, so it is probably ending up more expensive to stay open. 

5 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

Tenet did okay internationally but for it to even break even it would need to make 400 - 500 million. (a conservative estimate, budget + marketing cost, which will be high since hey had to market it multiple times) The poor performance in the us meant all together it has only just broken into 300 million, 

Studios are losing money on anything released right now, tenet is doing less than okay and it has not really been up against other big films, plus paris just closed hospitality and cancelled the no time to die premiere, so maybe the read the writing on the wall as more European cities are sure to close aswell. 

Tenet actually hurt cinemas, because it opened before there was huge public confidence in cinemas, even in the uk i've seen so many concerns about the safety measures in the big chain cinemas. My colleagues at work have had to share face shields on the same shift. - No, especially in america, cinemas have opened for tenet and now have no new films, so it is probably ending up more expensive to stay open. 

Yeah, getting pretty desperate at the cinema. I've got a cine pass and quite fancied going last night but there was just nothing on that I haven't seen already. All they really had at the two cinemas I checked was Tenet, X-Men, Bill and Ted - they were even still showing the Russel Crowe road rage film that was topping the charts when they reopened (so long ago I've even forgotten what it's called). Rocky came out yesterday though (if it was number 4 I prob would have gone for a laugh TBF).

Peckhamplex, indie near me, shut last week too as just not enough films.

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

Nah he deserves it. Fuck him

Yeah, fuck Trump. There are some people that the world would be better off without and he is chief amongst them. 

Do you think that in WWII, when, for example, there was an air raid on Berlin or something, and someone said ‘I hope they got that Hitler bastard’, you had people saying ‘Oh no, you shouldn’t wish ill on people like that!’? :lol: 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m sorry but if you think a family of five shouldn’t be having both grandparents round for lunch on Christmas Day then you are incredibly cruel. 

People aren’t voicing reservations about this out of cruelty, they’re concerned about both grandparents coming round for Christmas dinner, catching Covid-19 from their kids or grand kids, then dying. Likewise if everyone has a big family Christmas dinner and the virus spreads like wildfire, completely overwhelming the nhs and leading to more deaths. The virus doesn’t care whether it’s Christmas dinner or not, unfortunately. Sure, you can argue about risk and whether it should be up to those grandparents to choose regarding risk, but those thinking it isn’t a good idea aren’t doing so because they’re cruel

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Turns out trump never even got tested before the debate as he arrived too late. So likely he's had this for days and could be the super spreader, not that Hope Hicks they made out it was.

looks like it might be Trump's SCOTUS nominee - who had covid in 'late September'.

Would she have refused Trump's call because of covid? I've no idea, but it seems a realistic possibility.

And there were several White House receptions for her on Saturday, where a number of attendees have now tested positive.

Edited by eFestivals