When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Yes, yes. Lots of unis are using their resources to set up their own testing stations, they're also available to the local community through the NHS test portal and processed at pillar 2 labs so reported in figures. 

It takes the strain from other testing stations rather then have students trekking to the other side of the city and gives capacity for locals to be tested.

Snap!

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

When I did one you could drop it off at any post box accepting small parcels (the return kit is about the size of a paper back book).

It's fine to break isolation to post it back, just avoid people there and back. Go at a quiet time in a mask.

The alternative (which they do but not in my area) is to have someone collect it from your door. Which obviously massively increases their risk when a postbox does the same job.

And samitise those hands before dropping it off just in case 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

student herd immunity in a few weeks .... at this rate they won't need to isolate for 2 weeks before xmas !!!

I know that's partly in jest, but...yeah, at this rate the majority of the student population will have been infected (and built up immunity). I think Northumbria have been doing more testing than other universities, so it's rather likely this is happening across the country, but undetected.

Surely in a couple of months most freshers are going have had it? Bonkers.

24 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My brother in law had a test today following symptoms of loss of smell and cough yesterday.

Delivered via amazon (apparently they have the contract now!) 

Despite more than likely having covid he was then told he had to drop his test at the post office, thus having to leave isolation to do so?!

Bonkers.

When I had mine back in July the only option was to have it picked up from my home

Just got the notification about accessing my exposure log from the app, no instructions to self isolate, the exposure log shows the check was at 7pm but I was in the house then, has anyone worked out how you can work out when the contact was so I can work out where I was?

3D4EB047-71DC-415E-B80C-9074B945B651.jpeg

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know that's partly in jest, but...yeah, at this rate the majority of the student population will have been infected (and built up immunity). I think Northumbria have been doing more testing than other universities, so it's rather likely this is happening across the country, but undetected.

Surely in a couple of months most freshers are going have had it? Bonkers.

Indeed ... I guess it’s better that they get it than return to more risky relatives with it ... there is of course concern about populations of cities where they live ... and hopefully none become ill ... maybe this is part of a strategy ... maybe not !! 

I have ultimately decided not to go for the meal with my friend on Sunday. Another friend will go with her, so it isn't that she has to miss out. I'm just not comfortable flouting the rules at such a delicate time, mainly because of my boyfriend's work (on campus at a university) which makes him, and me by association, quite risky right now. All this news about asymptomatic students only reassures me that it was the right decision - I could have it right now and not know, and I don't want to put anyone at risk - friends or strangers.

I still want to see her on the day though, so have said if she is up for it we can go for a walk in the morning/before the meal - and I will keep an appropriate distance away!

And in other news, my little nephew who just turned 1 has been quite unwell the last two days with a temperature. His mum is a teacher. He got a test this morning and should get results tomorrow - just hoping it is not covid, or anything serious at all.

48 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Just got the notification about accessing my exposure log from the app, no instructions to self isolate, the exposure log shows the check was at 7pm but I was in the house then, has anyone worked out how you can work out when the contact was so I can work out where I was?

3D4EB047-71DC-415E-B80C-9074B945B651.jpeg

My key count was something like 143 earlier which I found astonishing as I have only been to a pub with about 4 people in... 

And the corner shop since downloading the app. 

54 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I have ultimately decided not to go for the meal with my friend on Sunday. Another friend will go with her, so it isn't that she has to miss out. I'm just not comfortable flouting the rules at such a delicate time, mainly because of my boyfriend's work (on campus at a university) which makes him, and me by association, quite risky right now. All this news about asymptomatic students only reassures me that it was the right decision - I could have it right now and not know, and I don't want to put anyone at risk - friends or strangers.

I still want to see her on the day though, so have said if she is up for it we can go for a walk in the morning/before the meal - and I will keep an appropriate distance away!

And in other news, my little nephew who just turned 1 has been quite unwell the last two days with a temperature. His mum is a teacher. He got a test this morning and should get results tomorrow - just hoping it is not covid, or anything serious at all.

I think that’s the right call, it sucks but you’ve made the right decision.

My soon to be 1 nephew has given me a cold, fuck knows where he got that from. I’m going to sue him.

I don’t care about that murderous toff but this seems really bad news for cinemas. It was the tentpole release for the rest of the year... Will there be anywhere left to show it by Easter?

I can’t understand why they can’t have more showings (even if it means no alternative choices on week of release) with limited capacity?

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I don’t care about that murderous toff but this seems really bad news for cinemas. It was the tentpole release for the rest of the year... Will there be anywhere left to show it by Easter?

I can’t understand why they can’t have more showings (even if it means no alternative choices on week of release) with limited capacity?

Because it looks like there will be more virus around in November than now. A couple of months ago it looked like Tenet's timing was reckless and punting Bond to the end of the year was incredibly prescient.

Now it looks like Tenet has somehow managed to be find the only slot in 2020 to release a blockbuster, threading that needle to find a time where some people would come out, there would be precious little competition and there would be enough cinemas open to make it worth doing.

I can't see that being the case when Bond was due to come out.

Besides Bond has been coming out irregularly for years, they don't want to damage the brand by having a film come out without any buzz. They can wait, the Broccolis have been doing this for a long, long time.

At this moment it is important to remember those with issues greater than ours, Melania has been forced to spend her isolation with Donald Trump, her normal demeanour indicates someone who cannot bear to spend another moment with him than is absolutely necessary to maintain public decency