When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

At the very least he needs to isolate now, right? So will that scupper any campaign stuff? When is the next debate? As others have said I doubt he'll get really ill as he just seems the type to get away with it, but if he does would they postpone anything?

Bit of a dilemma closer to home. Last few days have felt pretty rough - not massively ill, but fatigued, sore throat and headaches. No cough and I don't think a fever (don't have a thermometer). Probably just a cold. You're not meant to get a test or isolate unless one of the big three symptoms right?

My dilemma is that I was going to visit a friend undergoing chemo this weekend, figuring it might be my last chance for a while if more restrictions are brought in. I've been really worried about passing on Covid as it is. I definitely shouldn't go right? It's irresponsible to visit someone having chemo with any kind of illness and if I infected her with Covid I'd never forgive myself.

This fucking sucks though. Unless there is a big improvement in cases over next few weeks I really can see more restrictions coming in soon :(

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

At the very least he needs to isolate now, right? So will that scupper any campaign stuff? When is the next debate? As others have said I doubt he'll get really ill as he just seems the type to get away with it, but if he does would they postpone anything?

Bit of a dilemma closer to home. Last few days have felt pretty rough - not massively ill, but fatigued, sore throat and headaches. No cough and I don't think a fever (don't have a thermometer). Probably just a cold. You're not meant to get a test or isolate unless one of the big three symptoms right?

My dilemma is that I was going to visit a friend undergoing chemo this weekend, figuring it might be my last chance for a while if more restrictions are brought in. I've been really worried about passing on Covid as it is. I definitely shouldn't go right? It's irresponsible to visit someone having chemo with any kind of illness and if I infected her with Covid I'd never forgive myself.

This fucking sucks though. Unless there is a big improvement in cases over next few weeks I really can see more restrictions coming in soon :(

Yeah a sore throat isn't a symptom of covid. It doesn't sound like you meet the testing or isolation criteria.

Up to you on your friend but unless you get one of the symptoms, it should be fine. No more or less at risk than if you didn't have a sore throat! 

Next debate is Oct 15 and theres no way they would allow it to happen  in person unless it was via zoom. Thats 2 weeks from now exactly. At least they could mute him. Zero campaign rallies can happen for at least that time. And what, theyre gonna create a virtual thing? Maga’s dont like that.  Stock Market is gonna tank in the morning though. And these other people def have it. So hopefully Ivanka does also. 

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah a sore throat isn't a symptom of covid. It doesn't sound like you meet the testing or isolation criteria.

Up to you on your friend but unless you get one of the symptoms, it should be fine. No more or less at risk than if you didn't have a sore throat! 

Well apart from the fact that you shouldn't see someone having chemo if you have any kind of cold really. Not sure it's wise and wouldn't do it normally if I didn't fear it might be my only chance for a while. I hate this shit.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well apart from the fact that you shouldn't see someone having chemo if you have any kind of cold really. Not sure it's wise and wouldn't do it normally if I didn't fear it might be my only chance for a while. I hate this shit.

Ah thats true. See how you feel tomorrow and play it by ear?

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Next debate is Oct 15 and theres no way they would allow it to happen  in person unless it was via zoom. Thats 2 weeks from now exactly. At least they could mute him. Zero campaign rallies can happen for at least that time. And what, theyre gonna create a virtual thing? Maga’s dont like that.  Stock Market is gonna tank in the morning though. And these other people def have it. So hopefully Ivanka does also. 

If it's two weeks from now then isn't that okay? What's the quarantine advice in the States? Ours is 14 days I think so he'd be fine for then (or maybe push forward a day?). If no complications of course.

Usually I’m one to throw out silly theories, but considering Trump’s track record, I wouldn’t at all surprise me if this is bullshit and a ploy to get out of the debates/lie about a strong recovery/say it wasn’t that bad/cancel or delay the election etc. The most surprising thing about this all is that he’s admitted it, immediately - that’s completely at odds with how Trump usually acts. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If it's two weeks from now then isn't that okay? What's the quarantine advice in the States? Ours is 14 days I think so he'd be fine for then (or maybe push forward a day?). If no complications of course.

It’s only 10 days here if you test positive so assuming the same rules over there he could be okay 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Usually I’m one to throw out silly theories, but considering Trump’s track record, I wouldn’t at all surprise me if this is bullshit and a ploy to get out of the debates/lie about a strong recovery/say it wasn’t that bad/cancel or delay the election etc. The most surprising thing about this all is that he’s admitted it, immediately - that’s completely at odds with how Trump usually acts. 

I just thought the same thing. Maybe he could make their test results public, at the same time as his tax returns.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m thinking the same. Its a perfect election tool. If he beats the virus right before voting begins. 

But would Trump actually lie about something to win? I see no history of him lying in the past 🤣