When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

The mayor of London said about Stanley on lbc this morning that he thinks that they should focus on fining repeat offenders. Disregarding the fact that Stanley Johnson has flouted the covid-19 rules multiple times and then the added fact, only repeat offenders getting fined is counter productive to me, all it is takes is flouting the rules once to cause major harm

Johnson has only broken the rules once right? He went to the pub before lockdown when we were advised not to go to the pub and went to Greece when we were advised not to go abroad, but neither of those were against the rules 

31 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

The mayor of London said about Stanley on lbc this morning that he thinks that they should focus on fining repeat offenders. Disregarding the fact that Stanley Johnson has flouted the covid-19 rules multiple times and then the added fact, only repeat offenders getting fined is counter productive to me, all it is takes is flouting the rules once to cause major harm

surely they have to start with single offences to move on to proving multiple offences ? I wonder how many prosecutions we have had for multiple offences ? 

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

Has there even been a graph or anything showing the direct link between schools reopening and the resurgence of cases? Because surely there is a solid connection? 

You'd think so...but didn't Whitty display a graph last night that was showing that there wasn't a rise in cases for school aged kids like there was for those in high teens and twenties?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

You'd think so...but didn't Whitty display a graph last night that was showing that there wasn't a rise in cases for school aged kids like there was for those in high teens and twenties?

I don’t think that disproves the theory that schools are a major vector tbf. Kids pick it up and are mainly asymptomatic but then they spread it to their families and in the community 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

because they are asymptomatic and didnt need testing whereas their parents might be a different kettle of fish ? 

It’s interesting regarding the vaccine, in the UK it seems very much like the Oxford vaccine is in the lead and looking the most promising, where as on the American forums I follow, they tend to be much less enthused about the outlook of the oxford vaccine (especially regarding it’s effectiveness) and instead see the Moderna vaccine as the most promising (which I think is mainly a US one). Does make me wonder whether its us or them (or both) that are getting a bit of region based-bias from our media?

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Funnily enough whilst I might seem more on the down side of this pandemic at the moment (I’m not just think the numbers aren’t as good as others) I’m overwhelming positive about the prospects of the Glastonbury 2021 (and was about this year but let’s ignore that 😂).

Yes I've not forgotten that you were one of the 100% crew! Thing is I don't have a ticket so while I hope it does go ahead for you guys it's actually dropped way down in my priorities of late.

28 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It’s interesting regarding the vaccine, in the UK it seems very much like the Oxford vaccine is in the lead and looking the most promising, where as on the American forums I follow, they tend to be much less enthused about the outlook of the oxford vaccine (especially regarding it’s effectiveness) and instead see the Moderna vaccine as the most promising (which I think is mainly a US one). Does make me wonder whether its us or them (or both) that are getting a bit of region based-bias from our media?

I read a lot of American stuff and I’m hearing nothing but gloom on the Oxford vaccine. Moderna and Pfizer both sound like more favoured candidates as does the Imperial effort which isn’t even in phase 3 yet. The American media think Oxford vaccine is finished if any more of the triallists fall sick 

Have a temperature of 38C and have been feeling like crap since about 3pm. Booked a test for tomorrow morning at 10am, 14 miles from my house in Edinburgh.

That's a decent turnaround. Hopefully get the results over the weekend. 

I've been at top end of the compliance spectrum and actually dont know anyone personally who has had it. Shit just got real even though it's still unlikely I have the virus. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Have a temperature of 38C and have been feeling like crap since about 3pm. Booked a test for tomorrow morning at 10am, 14 miles from my house in Edinburgh.

That's a decent turnaround. Hopefully get the results over the weekend. 

I've been at top end of the compliance spectrum and actually dont know anyone personally who has had it. Shit just got real even though it's still unlikely I have the virus. 

I wish you well, hope you recover soon!

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Me neither, especially given nobody seems to be talking about starting to roll out a vaccine in the next couple of months.

It’s happening in the background, I’ve had 3 health boards ask me the same question about vaccine management in the last week. 

2 hours ago, viberunner said:

At best we'll be at Glastonbury 2022; and it's far from impossible the next Glastonbury will be 2023.

Give up on 2021 you're only setting yourself up for a fall.

To be honest I'd rather be positive and set myself up for a fall and take that fall in March 2021 or whenever, than jump now and accept something that hasn't been announced.

At least if the worst happens and it is cancelled next year we will be that much closer to whenever the next one does happen.

It's not over until an Eavis says it's over

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do you have any insight into when emergency use could start?

FWIW, my sister is in public health in our version of the NHS (rolling out the new primary care centres in Dublin). She has just been finalising their flu vaccination plan (huge!), and they have changed the legislation to allow pharmacists to administer shots off premises (the plan is to have drive through vaccinations administered in car!)...they’ve been told that the plan is to piggy back the COVID shot on top of that vaccination programme (not simultaneously, but use the infrastructure) and to expect to roll out as soon as EUA is granted...expecting it within the flu shot season, so between now and March (not really a new time frame to be honest!)..

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

FWIW, my sister is in public health in our version of the NHS (rolling out the new primary care centres in Dublin). She has just been finalising their flu vaccination plan (huge!), and they have changed the legislation to allow pharmacists to administer shots off premises (the plan is to have drive through vaccinations administered in car!)...they’ve been told that the plan is to piggy back the COVID shot on top of that vaccination programme (not simultaneously, but use the infrastructure) and to expect to roll out as soon as EUA is granted...expecting it within the flu shot season, so between now and March (not really a new time frame to be honest!)..

Do you (or anyone else) think there's any chance of the rollout starting as soon as November?