When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Direct link to the new report.

Just to be aware, 90% in medicalese !!

https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2020/10/01/covid19-vaccination-report.html

Seems to round up into one document everything that has been discussed at length on this and other threads.

Edited by Copperface

23 minutes ago, Copperface said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54371559

Lengthy article, with some things to be cheerful about, and many others that might dampen than optimism, but well worth a read.

Even an effective coronavirus vaccine will not return life to normal in spring, a group of leading scientists has warned.

A vaccine is often seen as the holy grail that will end the pandemic.

But a report, from researchers brought together by the Royal Society, said we needed to be "realistic" about what a vaccine could achieve and when.

They said restrictions may need to be "gradually relaxed" as it could take up to a year to roll the vaccine out.

Once there is a vaccine which works, good luck with social distancing.

People are putting up with it because they have to. If they have to do it because the govt isn't competent enough to get them a vaccine? Which govt will admit that?

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ordered an LED facemark today with programmable message  ....   any suggestions for suitable messages ? need to be short and to the point ... 

"Take my breath away"

17 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Poland and Turkey added to the quarentine list 

ah bollocks friend posted 10 mins ago they are looking forward to going ... with a 12 hour countdown ... oops :( she won't get 3 weeks off I dont think !! should I mention it ? or leave it to someone else ? 

Edited by crazyfool1

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ha - thanks! My mate from work rang and broke me the news just as I was scouring Twitter! Hmmm, Greece...

Can recommend you a great BnB in Sicily run by a Glastonbury attendee. Exceptionally low Covid rate as far as I'm aware, beautiful part of the world and the weather ain't half bad too.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree. This has been the case since the very first coronavirus thread when anyone who was remotely negative about the festival going ahead got jumped on as being a doomer. Likewise anyone being overly positive got pulled down (sometimes by me, I'll admit). One of the things this pandemic has taught me is that people process this kind of stuff in very different ways.

Funnily enough whilst I might seem more on the down side of this pandemic at the moment (I’m not just think the numbers aren’t as good as others) I’m overwhelming positive about the prospects of the Glastonbury 2021 (and was about this year but let’s ignore that 😂).