When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

No, there were no codes at any shop last time I went. I thought there should be?

I guess its because close contact for a certain amount of time is required for self isolation - not just being in the same building. In theory in a supermarket you're always moving and not around the same person for ages 

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

A BBC Presenter portraying the PM as a ‘wartime leader’ is a joke. Parroting the party line for the Tories when in reality there is nothing even remotely close to being a leader for this PM let alone a wartime one. 

I fear you are missing the irony. Nick Robinson is certainly no fool.

The EU might start reviewing the Oxford trial data in the next couple of weeks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-09-30/oxford-astra-covid-vaccine-review-said-to-start-in-europe

Last time they did a rolling review, it took three months to approve "The agency started such an evaluation of remdesivir to treat Covid-19 in April, while trials were ongoing, and the drug was given conditional approval three months later."

I think harshly shutting down Liverpool whilst most of the country is still open will just led people to meeting up in houses rather than restaurants/cafes/pubs which have some licensed measures in place. Obviously not everyone will do that but think there will be enough push back for it to not work as planned.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wonder where the students are?

Spread over the whole area. There's 100,000 university students and less than about a quarter of those actually live in purpose built student halls. 

There are a lot more commuter students from places like Bolton then people realise. E.g Salford (23,000 students) has 50% students from Greater Manchester. 

There are large concentrations in South Manchester but it's not quite as many as you'd think.

6 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Jeremy Corbyn caught breaking the rule of 6 after attending a 9-person dinner party.

Bloody politicians. One rule for them and one for everyone else. 

What a c**t that man is. So full of shit. 

7 hours ago, august1 said:

I think harshly shutting down Liverpool whilst most of the country is still open will just led people to meeting up in houses rather than restaurants/cafes/pubs which have some licensed measures in place. Obviously not everyone will do that but think there will be enough push back for it to not work as planned.

I think they're going to get same restrictions as the NE.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think they're going to get same restrictions as the NE.

The only difference currently between NE and Merseyside restrictions is the not meeting in pubs with other households - it's advised against but not forced. To be honest I don't know how they police that anyway. Mainly I'm just bitter because I live in Cheshire and yet still fall under the Liverpool City region 🙄