When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Just received a message from the app... Says something about exposed to someone who has tested positive... Then pull down to read the notification and it goes... 

Appears it doesn't actually mean anything... https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/what-possible-covid-19-exposure-19015430

Although the message doesn't read like a message that means nothing...

standing by to get this message several times then .... thanks for posting this ... its likely ill get several pings but no isolation due to time period 

13 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Just received a message from the app... Says something about exposed to someone who has tested positive... Then pull down to read the notification and it goes... 

Appears it doesn't actually mean anything... https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/what-possible-covid-19-exposure-19015430

Although the message doesn't read like a message that means nothing...

Was it this message?

244931DA-009E-4365-BAD9-972B01E5A77D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Was it this message?

244931DA-009E-4365-BAD9-972B01E5A77D.jpeg

That's the one - according to a couple of news stories I've found means carry on as you are. A former workmate told me today the app had told him to self isolate, turns out it was the same message and he has misinterpreted it and  is now free to leave the house and relieved. 

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So basically it means you’ve come into contact and it will ping again if it deems that contact to be enough time and close enough to isolate 

I think if you need to take action it will tell you in the app, this is more of a notifications that I've been near someone who has tested positive (and has the code to enter) but either not close enough or for long enough to do anything. That could be in the gym or in a super market.

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

I think if you need to take action it will tell you in the app, this is more of a notifications that I've been near someone who has tested positive (and has the code to enter) but either not close enough or for long enough to do anything. That could be in the gym or in a super market.

What a crap message.

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

That's my take on it. I got the message but my partner didn't the only places I have been where she hasn't is the local shop and for a beer with our boy back end of last week. 

See what happens I guess.

I got one of those notifications yesterday but didn't really worry because I'd only done a quick dash in and out of the shop once since having the app, so presumed it didn't entail any exposure enough to count as "close contact".

I still went straight to the web to check it out though, and found that same story. Apparently if you need to self-isolate that is made very clear on the app and automatically activates some kind of countdown or timer? 

I think that common notification that many seem to be getting could be worded a tad differently, but it is good to know the app is "working" for me.

1 hour ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

That's my take on it. I got the message but my partner didn't the only places I have been where she hasn't is the local shop and for a beer with our boy back end of last week. 

See what happens I guess.

Are we meant to ‘check in’ to a supermarket via a QR code or will the app automatically pick up where we are going?

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Are we meant to ‘check in’ to a supermarket via a QR code or will the app automatically pick up where we are going?

That’s a very good question ... I asked why my supermarket didn’t have a qr code displayed today? Didn’t get an answer  ... have you seen these displayed at a supermarket then ? If so which one ? As I thought it was a legal requirement now !! 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s a very good question ... I asked why my supermarket didn’t have a qr code displayed today? Didn’t get an answer  ... have you seen these displayed at a supermarket then ? If so which one ? As I thought it was a legal requirement now !! 

I don’t think shops have to have them, it’s leisure venues.

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

No, there were no codes at any shop last time I went. I thought there should be?

55 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

No, but it's always scanning anyway. I think.

I find it interesting it shows unchecked into a pub...at 17:30, it puts it's end time as 00:00 (because you don't have to check out / can't check out) but the pubs close at 22:00.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter