When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 hours ago, gizmoman said:

If you're referring to the fact it's a different link to your fact check, it's actually one of the ones they refer to in their article. It's a quote from Public Health England by the way. How you can claim a factually correct view of a scientific test is "anti-science" is beyond me, rather than being obnoxiously dismissive why don't you point out why what I've said is incorrect?

The thing is you massively over-state the argument. Do the tests deliver a significant portion of "false-positives*"? Yes. *(I know that's not quite the right term).

Does that make them "all but useless to find out if someone is ill or infectious" as you claimed in your original post?

Not in the slightest.

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t disagree with you but doesn’t it work the other way too? When does it become too much for most people and those tactics end up working the other way this becoming the driver for people to go out and vote?

That's what you'd hope, but it doesn't seem to happen! I think anyone who's undecided at this point and doesn't already think trump is a horrid human being after 4 years of this, probably isn't going to be galvanised to vote against him (I mean what else can he do that he hasn't already done?). 

I do hope I'm wrong, can't take this onward rightwing march! 

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks! May put myself through it later...

Good luck! Let us know how long you managed to last, I honestly can't put up with Trump or Boris Johnson talking for more than 30 seconds before I have to switch them off. David Cameron used to have the same effect on me- just infuriating people, I don't understand how people find them charismatic, or listen to them and think "yes! That's my guy!" 

Edited by Mr.Tease

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Aw not Foleys?! I love that place - haven't been a while.

This is the tough part of the shutdown. The big chains and dodgy spoons are going to get through it. Their parent companies can take a loss. 

It’s the local brewery pubs and the independents that are suffering and it will take the life and soul out of the centre of our cities. This is why I was continuing to support pubs when I could but we can’t save them all. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

This is the tough part of the shutdown. The big chains and dodgy spoons are going to get through it. Their parent companies can take a loss. 

It’s the local brewery pubs and the independents that are suffering and it will take the life and soul out of the centre of our cities. This is why I was continuing to support pubs when I could but we can’t save them all. 

Aye, I'd been trying to go to the independents when out but there's only so much we can do. Things in some industries about to get a lot worse before they get better. I've got a lot of friends that work in the pub game so fingers crossed their places survive.

25 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Makes sense

This kind of nonsense has been with us since it first kicked off - remember how widespread and acceptable it was back in February /March for journalists to say that Italy was doing so badly because they hug and kiss a lot and don't follow rules, and seemingly no one in the media questioned such spectacularly crap reporting? 

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

This kind of nonsense has been with us since it first kicked off - remember how widespread and acceptable it was back in February /March for journalists to say that Italy was doing so badly because they hug and kiss a lot and don't follow rules, and seemingly no one in the media questioned such spectacularly crap reporting? 

Wasn’t there a thing doing the rounds before shit got bad here that Italy and Spain had a lot of deaths because multiple generations living under the same roof is pretty much normalised whereas in the UK we all leave home in our late teens/early twenties and the elderly tend to get put in care homes instead of moving in with their 40-something offspring? 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Good luck! Let us know how long you managed to last, I honestly can't put up with Trump or Boris Johnson talking for more than 30 seconds before I have to switch them off. David Cameron used to have the same effect on me- just infuriating people, I don't understand how people find them charismatic, or listen to them and think "yes! That's my guy!" 

Boris I can cope with, not because I don't despise him to the core of my being, which I do, but I need to know precisely what he says to be able to slag him off effectively. Also with this situation I do want to be in the loop Covid wise.

Trump I never manage more than a few seconds, so we'll see...

24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's what you'd hope, but it doesn't seem to happen! I think anyone who's undecided at this point and doesn't already think trump is a horrid human being after 4 years of this, probably isn't going to be galvanised to vote against him (I mean what else can he do that he hasn't already done?). 

I do hope I'm wrong, can't take this onward rightwing march! 

I think there will be a lot of republicans who will not know who to vote for...especially republican women.

30 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Boris I can cope with, not because I don't despise him to the core of my being, which I do, but I need to know precisely what he says to be able to slag him off effectively. Also with this situation I do want to be in the loop Covid wise.

Trump I never manage more than a few seconds, so we'll see...

I absolutely hate Trumps style of public speaking, his mannerisms and hand movements too. He’s an accomplished public speaker for sure but his style is horrid. 

Edited by Ozanne

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Thing is, the app never told us anything. This came because my mate gave our contact details to them when asked. So not sure how much faith I have in the technology.

I take it back. The app has now told me to self-isolate for 10 days. Just took a bit longer than I assumed it would.

Maybe it will be more effective than I assumed.

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

... ... ... say what now?

I don’t mean it as an endorsement of him but he is effective at public speaking. It’s partly why some people have been taken in by him I think. He shows confidence, can effectively use his tactics and can galvanise his own support base. I think there’s a difference between being charismatic and being a good public speaker.

*these words are not an endorsement of President Trump 😉

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t mean it as an endorsement of him but he is effective at public speaking. It’s partly why some people have been taken in by him I think. He shows confidence, can effectively use his tactics and can galvanise his own support base. I think there’s a difference between being charismatic and being a good public speaker.

*these words are not an endorsement of President Trump 😉

he knows how to work a crowd of MAGAs for sure...he's definitely not conventional and some people love him for that.

I just think he's a massive c**t.